mtbr member
    May 2012

Bottom Bracket 'mix' compatibility

Having just 'repacked' the external bearings on the Raceface bottom bracket that came with my Raceface Atlas FR 100mm cranks after only a few months of use, I've been exploring the options for replacement.

I could have asked this question of the drivechain forum, but thought the 'fat-crew' more likely to have encountered this before.

Question: - Is the BB tube that came with my Raceface BB going to fit into a set of Hope external bearings (of any size)?

It seems to me that the only thing about the 100mm BB that makes it 100mm is the tube, although I realise that the threads of the raceface bearing cups are longer than the road set I've just fitted on my commute bike.

I may well just go ahead and see what happens when I have to do this again. (grease-packing the cups), and figure that I can use the Hope BB on another bike if it doesn't work. So am 'curious' at this stage.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Report back your findings. I will upgrade to the Enduro XD-15 when my raceface BB craps the bed. With luck the tube will switch over on that as well.