mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Boris X9, How many ordered and whatcha going to do?

Like everyone else that ordered the X9, still waiting, though not unexpectedly. Have new bars in hand, Floaters on the way, Schwabe A13F tubes here for spares till I go tubeless. Am waiting on the geometry to see if I should get a setback seat post.

Was hoping to see if SRAM or Shimano came up with a 42 tooth cluster and thinking about going to a single chain ring, before committing to the OnOne 42t.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have mine on order. Off the bat I have a set of lock-on grips, a saddle, some old XT levers, a bash guard and racks ready to go. I figure everything else is going to wait until I can determine whether it's worth upgrading.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Think I am going to ride mine as is, maybe a saddle change?
    I am in Fla and plan to use this 90% of the time on the beach, so I think the missions are going to be fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    mines on order supposed to ship my march 28th i think. changing the seat, carbon seatpost and handlebars, raceface turbine crank i got cheap, and plan to go tubeless with probably the snowshoes. It will be here just in time for all the snow to be gone.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    khs 4season fat bike - YouTube
    Something to tide us over.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Anyone else looking to mount racks on their Boris eventually? Any leads or ideas on what kind of racks will fit both front and back?

I would like the forks to accept Anything Cages as the pics suggest, but I am not hopeful that will truly be how they ship.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by metc1537 View Post
    Anyone else looking to mount racks on their Boris eventually? Any leads or ideas on what kind of racks will fit both front and back?

I would like the forks to accept Anything Cages as the pics suggest, but I am not hopeful that will truly be how they ship.
    I intend to go with a back rack, but have not got any leads on one that will fit yet. I am taking the Mrs. comp to my LBS today to test fit the topeak MTX series, it should be a little more straight forward with its 135mm rear spacing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem1 View Post
    I intend to go with a back rack, but have not got any leads on one that will fit yet. I am taking the Mrs. comp to my LBS today to test fit the topeak MTX series, it should be a little more straight forward with its 135mm rear spaci0ng.
    Yeah thats how I figured it. I dont mind doing some fitment to make something work, but for how rarely I would use the full setup, I havent convinced myself to plunge all in for Mountain Man or Surly racks yet.

Keep us posted how the Topeaks work on the Comp. I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the fit will be a direct translation to the Boris. Did the Comp come with brazeon screws?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    It does have the braze ons and hope to use them vs. the disc mount version.
    I will post up tommorow what works/worked

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Still working thru this, the non disc version of the topeak rack gives very little clearance on the non drive side due to the offset of the rear wheel.
    I plan to return that rack in favor of the disc version to get a little more clearance.
    The supplied forward mounting brackets are too short for the Mrs. 15" comp so I have the extra long version coming.
    For the Boris, there is a pic of one with a salsa wanderlust rack on it that looks solid, that was where I was leaning.
    Having said that, the topeak disc rack has a built in standoff for disc clearance that really isnt needed when mounted to the lugs, so I intend to investigate removing 35mm of that standoff between both sides to widen the attach points for the 170mm rear spacing.
    Once I get this sorted out, I will post some pics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully you can make those racks work for you on your wife's bike.

In about a month, we'll have to worry about the same thing for the Borises!

mtbr member
    More News on 2015 Motobecane Boris:

The 2015 Boris X5, Boris X7, Boris X9, AND Boris X9 FS are ready for us to... http://fb.me/2aOlZUBxK

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Based on those images, I guess it really was wishful thinking about the brazeons on the fork. Thats a shame, but I guess rivnuts will do the job, or just dropping the cash on an Enabler fork.