Quote Originally Posted by Aidsfromoz View Post
    Echo Large measured (+-10mm) as
    Reach 430mm
    Stack 640mm
    http://ep3.pinkbike.org/p3pb2797197/p3pb2797197.jpg
    Thanks!!

PRETENDURO
    Just joined Club Echo™ today:

This bike rocks!!! Hoping to take it on a proper technical ride Wednesday so as to get a bearing on it’s strengths and weaknesses (as a trailbike that will see 90% hardcore roots/rock gardens/loose/steep/off-camber/dirt/mud/etc.) as compared to my trusty 2012 9:zero:7.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sweeeet!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Nice. I Like the rims.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Mr. Freeze

mtbr member
    Leopold, that's one *****in nice looking bike, I'll have to bring my Yampa back from Tahoe to the bay area some time and do a ride with ya, but maybe something besides Kennedy
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That blue on blue looks good.

PRETENDURO
    Thanks for all the compliments! The guys at Borealis were trying to discourage me from getting blue on blue, but I insisted that fatbikes are like clown bikes– obnoxious, standing out in the crowd; why not make a colourful statement!!! Just waiting to break even with the sale of my other bikes (hopefully soon) such that I can order a not-so-subtle set of blue Nextie 90mm fatbike carbon rims to make it even more obnoxious!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Nuts
    I really like the blue on blue, looks saweeeet!!
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Thanks for all the compliments! The guys at Borealis were trying to discourage me from getting blue on blue, but I insisted that fatbikes are like clown bikes– obnoxious, standing out in the crowd; why not make a colourful statement!!! Just waiting to break even with the sale of my other bikes (hopefully soon) such that I can order a not-so-subtle set of blue Nextie 90mm fatbike carbon rims to make it even more obnoxious!
    One more example of where it paid not to listen.

PRETENDURO
    Pictures from a ride last week:

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

My new Yampa--24.87 pounds

Built up my Yampa--weighs in at 24.87 pounds. Race face Next SL cranks (28tooth) XT 11-36, BB7, HED rims, Knards (3.8--unitl the snow falls then will change over), Look S-Track pedals. Size XL.
    Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-yampasclae.jpg

mtbr member
    ^ Nice

My stock large X01 yampa with knards and Velocity Dually rims running tubless came in a 23 pounds

With a dropper post and a Bluto it came in at 26.1 pounds, although I think wider end caps are coming soon for the Borialis hubs, I built my
    29+ wheel set with 135 hope hubs, using end caps and a offset brake adapter I can easily switch between the carbon fork and the Bluto.
    I went with an 80mm Bluto that which once sagged the AtoC is pretty much identical to the carbon fork.

The Bluto and the 29+ setup really takes this bike to another level, a normal hardtail which I have not ridden since the mid 90's because
    of back issues would have crushed me on this ride last weekend. But between the front suspension, high volume tires and the flexible chain stays,
    I had no problem riding 30 miles of rocky terrain and now it's hard to choose between this setup and my 160mm travel bike

End Caps I used
    Hauck-Bicycles Hub Spacers – Converts 135 to 150mm includes offset disc brake mount

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-image.jpgBorealis Picture and Specs Thread-image.jpgHere's my xo/x9. Just about to build a 29+ wheel set, and throw on a Bluto. Can anyone verify where the serial number is located on the frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Inside the head tube--may need a mirror on a handle to read it--plus a little light.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just weighed up my stock XX1 Yampa, Marge Lights with 120tpi Knards. Bathroom scale says 24.8 for an XL w/cheapie SPD pedals.

PRETENDURO
    LOL! I failed to note the specs of my Borealis Echo… however, it’s a stock X0/X9 build with the exception of the blue FR80 Turnagain rims, Bud and Lou 4.8 tires, a 180mm front rotor (just installed yesterday), and the remote lockout Bluto… once the shop gets the right parts in, that is. So far I think that the XX1 components and the Carbondale rims would have been worth the extra money, but then had I gone that route I am sure my wife would be filing for divorce right now.

Must build all the wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Viffer2003 View Post
    Can anyone verify where the serial number is located on the frame?
    Like orind mentioned, it is in the headtube on the 2013 frames. Sometimes it can be a bit tough to read so a flashlight and a quick wipe with water or saliva usually helps.

The 2014 frames have the serial on the bottom of the BB shell and are much easier to read.

You will love your 29+ set up! I keep my Yampa set up 29+ with Duallys about 90% of the time. It really makes this a great year round bike capable of nearly anything.

Must build all the wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    With a dropper post and a Bluto it came in at 26.1 pounds, although I think wider end caps are coming soon for the Borialis hubs
    Nice build and video!

At Borealis we are not planning on offering wider end caps but rather chose to go with a true 150mm specific front hub since it makes for a much nicer, nearly dishless, wheel build. We do have 150mm hubs available separately or as built wheels if you are looking to upgrade to a Bluto though.

Great pictures in this thread, keep em coming!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskmurray View Post
    At Borealis we are not planning on offering wider end caps but rather chose to go with a true 150mm specific front hub since it makes for a much nicer, nearly dishless, wheel build
    But a third party is working on an offering, rather spend a few bucks on endcaps than buy a whole new wheelset,
    this way I can swap the same wheelset between my carbon fork and the Bluto. No Dishing is required with an offset
    brake mount, this is what I'm doing with my 29+ wheelset and it works perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Summer Mode:

Borealis Echo murdered out, size large
    Rockshox Bluto 100mm travel
    SRAM XX1 Drivetrain
    Next SL Crankset and BB w/ 32t ring
    Avid XX brakes 160 rotors front and back (need to get a 180 for up front)
    Easton EC70 Wide Carbon bars
    Thomson X4 stem
    Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost
    Cobb DRT SHC Saddle
    Dually rims laced to Borealis hubs
    Surly Knards 29x3 120 tpi front and back tubless
    Time ATAC carbon pedals
    ESI Chunky black grips
    Arundel Mandible bottle cages

Big plus that my custom oveja negra threadworks frame bag from my yampa fits the Echo quite nicely.
    Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-compressed-echo.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New Toy

Became a member of the club today, can't wait to take it out....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-borealis.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

This bike goes anywhere

Racing in mud yesterday, recovering next to the Indian Ocean today. Sorry bout the angle but I guess it's cause I'm down under I couldn't get it the right way up for you folks. Promise I tried several times.
    Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    To you guys with Echos and running RaceFace Next cranks...
    Are you running the 190 width or 170 width spindle?
    tia!

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    To you guys with Echos and running RaceFace Next cranks...
    Are you running the 190 width or 170 width spindle?
    tia!
    Talking to the Borealis guys on the phone, he said the 170 works on the Echo.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast