Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    Our shop in Grand Haven, MI just built this large one. 21lbs 13oz! Velocity Dually rims (bike also came with the Carbondale wheelset and Surly Bud/Lou 4.8 tires, still super light), set up tubeless, RaceFace Next carbon cranks, carbon Bontrager bars, post, XX1.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    432
    thanks

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GMONEY80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    43
    Great build Todd those dually rims are awesome!

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,143
    I'm ready to pull a the trigger on one of these, trying to pin down a size, any of you in the 6' 2", 33.5 inseam range? did you go with an XL?
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  5. #30
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,807
    I went large. Same height, longer inseam.

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    i'm 6'2" with long legs and a large felt way too short for me. I ordered the xl and sure hope it fits better. I will have better info next week. unfortunately, i think we may be at that awkward inbetween height

    edit to update- I just got on the XL for a ride and it feels a lot better than the L to me
    Last edited by andrew k; 01-22-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: update

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,143
    Thanks for the feedback, leaning towards the XL, as that's what my Ibis HDR is, but those bikes tend to run a little smaller than other manufactures.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5
    I went with the xl and it is perfect...I am 6'2" with a 34-35 inseam plus long arms..my build is listed above...the large seemed to have to much weight on my front wheel...xl seemed to balance it out more...

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TahoeBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,143
    I hate buying a bike without throwing a leg over one first but it's just not an option for me.

    Looking at the Geo numbers, the effective Top Tube is 24.6 for a large and 25.3 for an XL.

    My XL Ibis HDR which I'm quite comfortable on is 24.6

    Rode my bud's On-One fatty for a couple days, it felt slightly cramped with 24 inch effective top tube.

    Guessing I should probably steer towards the Large
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

  10. #35
    bike weenie
    Reputation: RWGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    565
    Finally got my XL... 24.75lbs as pictured. XX1 build. Swapped out some parts... had a race face stem, Easton bar, esi silicone grips, Thomson post, crank bros pedals (for now).

    Have lou and bud tires, will put on and convert to tubeless once I have the time and energy to undertake that project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-dsc00266-3.jpg  


  11. #36
    Thumper
    Reputation: WickedLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    377
    Looks great RWGreen

  12. #37
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedLite View Post
    Looks great RWGreen
    Yeah sweet ride, when is yours going to be done WL?
    And I love beer!!

  13. #38
    Thumper
    Reputation: WickedLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    377
    ooh buddy..... The pain kicked in pretty hard as you have noticed I'm not on here much the past 12 days. I can't focus on the monitor or tv very long as it hurts my head and eyes. My neck and back are shot too. I'm in physio, see'n chiro and masseuse. Unlike Silentfoe suggested (that will pay for the bike), here in Canada with "no fault" insurance we can't get all that. Truck gets fixed but now has accident history and diminished value, I got a rental but it ain't mine, health care gets covered and work time gets covered from the 2nd week on but nothing else. So pretty much a whole bunch of inconveniences, weeks pay gone, waste of time and pain for nothing since I was fixed before this and my truck was fixed before this. Now if something is permanent like I can't walk or something ridiculous, then you can be given a large amount that will never equal the value of the loss. If not it's just considered a casualty of driving.

    I should get better quickly and am optimistic but yesterday and today have been the worst of it really.

    Back to the riiide, since I can't... I'm going lighter lol and taking a little more time for perfection. I can sand for about 10 minutes at a time till the pain is unbearable. It's almost ready for paint. Got the frame down from 1307 to 1254.3g and know it can go a little lower. Forks are getting a little more weight loss before presentation. Schmolke post, Dash saddle, SiCCC pads should be showing up soon.

    I am in here quite often but just not for very long. You guys tak'er easy and keep posting Yampas for us that need to see some sweet finished builds.

  14. #39
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedLite View Post
    ooh buddy..... The pain kicked in pretty hard as you have noticed I'm not on here much the past 12 days. I can't focus on the monitor or tv very long as it hurts my head and eyes. My neck and back are shot too. I'm in physio, see'n chiro and masseuse. Unlike Silentfoe suggested (that will pay for the bike), here in Canada with "no fault" insurance we can't get all that. Truck gets fixed but now has accident history and diminished value, I got a rental but it ain't mine, health care gets covered and work time gets covered from the 2nd week on but nothing else. So pretty much a whole bunch of inconveniences, weeks pay gone, waste of time and pain for nothing since I was fixed before this and my truck was fixed before this. Now if something is permanent like I can't walk or something ridiculous, then you can be given a large amount that will never equal the value of the loss. If not it's just considered a casualty of driving.

    I should get better quickly and am optimistic but yesterday and today have been the worst of it really.

    Back to the riiide, since I can't... I'm going lighter lol and taking a little more time for perfection. I can sand for about 10 minutes at a time till the pain is unbearable. It's almost ready for paint. Got the frame down from 1307 to 1254.3g and know it can go a little lower. Forks are getting a little more weight loss before presentation. Schmolke post, Dash saddle, SiCCC pads should be showing up soon.

    I am in here quite often but just not for very long. You guys tak'er easy and keep posting Yampas for us that need to see some sweet finished builds.
    Oh man sorry to hear that I've been gone as well and didn't know about the car wreck. Get well soon and keep us informed when you can believe me I know what you are going through.
    And I love beer!!

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241
    Size large frame
    110 Cane Creek Headset
    Easton EC70 wide bars
    Easton 100mm 6 degree EA90 stem
    ESI Chunky grips in white
    Cobb Cycling SHC DRT saddle in white
    Niner RDO Seatpost in grey
    SRAM XO brakes 180 front 160 rear
    E13 BB and cranks with 170 crankarms
    Wolf Tooth Components 30 tooth ring
    SRAM XO type 2 rear derailleur
    SRAM XX 11-36 cassette
    SRAM 1091R chain
    Borealis Carbondale wheelset
    Surly Bud/Lou set up tubeless with 120 grip studs in the front and 80 in the back
    Time ATAC Carbon pedals
    Without the frame bag 24.70 pounds.
    Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-12191064444_eb90b08d64_c.jpg

  16. #41
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Wow sweet ride tri-tele!!
    And I love beer!!

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241
    Thanks, I've been super happy with this build and can't wait to get more time on it.
    Will be racing it Thursday night

  18. #43
    Thumper
    Reputation: WickedLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    377
    That's definitely a great Yamp tri-tele! Sweet weigh in with fatty B/L's too.

  19. #44
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    I'm still holding off for some carbon 100's or I guess 90's if I have to.
    And I love beer!!

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    has anyone replaced the aluminum bars or seatpost with carbon on their Yampas? If so, what was the weight savings? i'm basically just wondering if it is worth swapping the bars and seat post.

  21. #46
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew k View Post
    has anyone replaced the aluminum bars or seatpost with carbon on their Yampas? If so, what was the weight savings? i'm basically just wondering if it is worth swapping the bars and seat post.
    Depends on the post and bars, anywhere from break even to 150g each.
    And I love beer!!

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew k View Post
    has anyone replaced the aluminum bars or seatpost with carbon on their Yampas? If so, what was the weight savings? i'm basically just wondering if it is worth swapping the bars and seat post.
    If you are riding in the cold, the carbon bars don't feel as cold as aluminum. I haven't ridden a Yampa, but I've heard it's a stiff ride. A carbon or ti post may help soften/deaden it a bit. Friends have liked the Moots set-back as well as the Niner RDO. I'm sure there are others that would accomplish the same thing.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by TBerntson View Post
    If you are riding in the cold, the carbon bars don't feel as cold as aluminum. I haven't ridden a Yampa, but I've heard it's a stiff ride. A carbon or ti post may help soften/deaden it a bit. Friends have liked the Moots set-back as well as the Niner RDO. I'm sure there are others that would accomplish the same thing.
    Shock/virbration absorbsome, and not being a heat sink are two more important reason to run carbon bars and seatpost to me than just the weight savings. although those are nice too

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    52
    Size Medium frame
    110 Cane Creek Headset
    Niner Flat Top 780mm carbon Handlebar
    Thomson 90mm 6 degree Elite X4 stem
    Ergon GP3 grips
    Fizik Aliante Saddle, waiting for the Black and white one
    Crank Brother Kronolog Seat Post
    Shimano XT Brakes 160mm front/rear
    Race Face Next SL 190mm cranks with 175mm crankarms
    Race Face 28tooth ring
    Shimano XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur
    Shimano XT 11-36 cassette
    One Up 42tooth sprocket
    Shimano XT chain
    Surly Clownshoe wheelset w/ Borealis Hubs
    Surly Bud/Lou set up tubeless
    Forte MTX pedals
    26.10 pounds set up 1x10
    All logos covered with automotive grade Carbon for black out effect.Borealis Picture and Specs Thread-photo-2-.jpg

  25. #50
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,339
    Quote Originally Posted by 9nerd View Post
    Size Medium frame
    110 Cane Creek Headset
    Niner Flat Top 780mm carbon Handlebar
    Thomson 90mm 6 degree Elite X4 stem
    Ergon GP3 grips
    Fizik Aliante Saddle, waiting for the Black and white one
    Crank Brother Kronolog Seat Post
    Shimano XT Brakes 160mm front/rear
    Race Face Next SL 190mm cranks with 175mm crankarms
    Race Face 28tooth ring
    Shimano XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur
    Shimano XT 11-36 cassette
    One Up 42tooth sprocket
    Shimano XT chain
    Surly Clownshoe wheelset w/ Borealis Hubs
    Surly Bud/Lou set up tubeless
    Forte MTX pedals
    26.10 pounds set up 1x10
    All logos covered with automotive grade Carbon for black out effect.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	866195
    Well done sir, you are over a pound lighter than me with the exact same build except you have a dropper and I have a easton carbon post
    And I love beer!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CDT picture Thread: Foo & Fam
    By Mtn. Biker123 in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM
  2. Procaliber picture thread
    By indianadave in forum Gary Fisher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 10:12 PM
  3. Then and now picture thread.
    By jeff in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 01:30 AM
  4. thread lock? torque specs
    By brightsky in forum Niner Bikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •