Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Parts# 11.4018.025.001 and 11.4018.025.002 are what you need.
    Thanks for the info, but those are both coming up with 26 rebound(001) and the 27.5/29 rebound(002). Are they length dependent if I ever wanted to bump my travel? Also, do you know the correct PN for the 2015-2016 rct3 damper? Thanks man!

Norđwegr
    Oh I pasted the wrong one, I got the numbers stored for future use, but I'm on my phone so it's a pita to doublecheck them If it wasnt the second one it should be # 11.4015.544.270

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Oh I pasted the wrong one, I got the numbers stored for future use, but I'm on my phone so it's a pita to doublecheck them If it wasnt the second one it should be # 11.4015.544.270
    Awesome! So should we be using the 27.5/29" rebound, or the 26" rebound? I assume 27.5/29 since it's longer? Thanks man, really appreciate it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    My apologies if this is a duplicate post. I typed one and can't find it. Not sure if I failed to hit post or put it in the wrong thread.

I'm thinking about swapping to Slick Honey grease in a Bluto I just picked up. I ride in Minnesota and last year down to temps below 0F. I read through the documentation and it looks to me that I have to drop the lowers to clean out and change grease. And this requires a fluid change and a new crush washer for the rebound speed side. Can someone confirm if there is an easy and quick way to swap to Slick Honey?

mtbr member
    Not a fluid change for the damper side. You do need new crush washers and crush washer retainers every time you pull the lowers. Watch this - it shows exactly what you need to do, tools needed, shock oil amounts, etc. (replacing the orings is optional). Its pretty easy, makes a big difference.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Does 11.4015.544.270 also fit a 120mm Bluto? I wonder because theres some other upgrade kit (which does not seem to be RCT3) mentioning 120mm forks specifically and the 11.4015.544.270 one mentions 80-100mm for at least SID forks ... it's unclear if this also applies to Bluto?

mtbr member
    I'm using the 44270 damper on a 16' Bluto, along with a 110 air shaft. The new damper assembly was the same length as my original stock RL damper at 100mm, so I don't think it's length dependent.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I am 149 lbs ready to ride. Bike is an Ibis Trans-Fat. with 120mm Bluto Tire is Jumbo Jim. Terrain is sometimes rock gardens. Pressure in fork is 75 psi as indicated with my Fox pump - which seems to be the correct for preload.

What should I set the two rebound dials on given my weight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    I am 149 lbs ready to ride. Bike is an Ibis Trans-Fat. with 120mm Bluto Tire is Jumbo Jim. Terrain is sometimes rock gardens. Pressure in fork is 75 psi as indicated with my Fox pump - which seems to be the correct for preload.

What should I set the two rebound dials on given my weight?
    There's only 1 rebound dial.....at the bottom of the fork. Ride the bike and set it to where YOU like.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor View Post
    Ride the bike and set it to where YOU like.
    This Fox suspension designer says there are 20 clicks on forks not for personal choice but because of the wide variation in rider weights. He said out of the 20, there are only three clicks that you can select from based on your riding style and preferences:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/To-The-Point-Rebound-Damping-2013.html

So I really what to know which three clicks are for me to choose from. I have it at click #9 (with 0 being slowest and most damping).

I lowered my pressure down to 65 psi and was not able to make it bottom out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Bluto Tuning Thread

Hey gang - I am looking to reduce my travel from 100 to 80mm. Are any extra parts needed for this? I know guys changing to/from 120 need another part but couldn't find anything about 100 to 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    What is the benefit of reducing travel by 20mm? Can't you get the same effect by turning up the compression damping one click?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish29er View Post
    Hey gang - I am looking to reduce my travel from 100 to 80mm. Are any extra parts needed for this? I know guys changing to/from 120 need another part but couldn't find anything about 100 to 80.

Travel is determined by the air shaft. You need an 80mm air shaft.

ac

mtbr member
    May 2011

If I recall correctly, you've posted in the past about owning a Wren fatbike suspension fork. Did you get rid of it? Did you encounter problems that caused you to choose a Bluto for this bike?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FitmanNJ View Post
    If I recall correctly, you've posted in the past about owning a Wren fatbike suspension fork. Did you get rid of it? Did you encounter problems that caused you to choose a Bluto for this bike?
    Nope wasn't me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    Travel is determined by the air shaft. You need an 80mm air shaft.

ac
    Cool thanks for confirming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rda
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    hi,

I have a bluto on my mukluk, i was wanting to do a service on it, but was looking for advice on any upgrades to do while in. I see people talking about differant dampers and tokens? I am 215-220 without gear, fairly agressive rider, don't really jump though. ride lots of logs and rocky areas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have one token fitted in my Bluto's.

Weigh 180lbs , found that one token stopped the fork from bottoming out too much whilst still getting all the travel.

Merendon Junkie
    I feel tokens are a must for the Bluto, without them it bottoms out way to easily and harshly. I have not yet brought myself to put some on my bluto but its something I will need to do at some point.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit21 View Post
    This thread says a lot about the benefits of a rigid fork.
    Until you have pedal some distance on a frozen, post holed trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Has anyone converted your bluto into a dual air setup? I had a 2012 dual air reba laying around and fit the dual air spring. I always liked the dual air and I have to say,that the fork feels much better.

One thing I always disliked about the reba and the bluto is that it seems to develop stiction at about 10hrs. Not terrible but not butter smooth like when it is freshly lubed lower. I use slick honey and keep the stanctions clean. Anyone else notice this?

Merendon Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ntm1973 View Post
    One thing I always disliked about the reba and the bluto is that it seems to develop stiction at about 10hrs. Not terrible but not butter smooth like when it is freshly lubed lower. I use slick honey and keep the stanctions clean. Anyone else notice this?
    I have noticed this when the fork is due for a lowers maintnance. More than likely your foam rings are dry and/or dirty. When the rings are impregnated with oil, there is always a smooth coating on the stanchions and no stiction that I can tell.

mtbr member
    there was a bluto thread about air pressure a while back .just wanted to add that i checked mine today and it's still the same as it was a month ago and the month before that. great forks imo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Cool thanks for confirming
    Lemme know if you need a 80mm shaft - I have one unridden that I took out to go to 100mm...

g

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    ..Hi all, looking for info on bottomless tokens (just picked up a kit).

My Bluto had 2 tokens in place stock, Motobecane Ti Night Train, so I added 1 more for 3 total. I was able to drop the PSI about 20 lbs just playing around in the driveway. I'll have to see what it feels like on the trails soon.

How many tokens can I add total?

Thanks!...
    ..sleep is good...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Check out this chart.
    Attachment 980158

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Now that MRP has a ramp cartridge for 32mm RS, will probably try that out...

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bme107 View Post
    Check out this chart.
    Attachment 980158

THANKS!

So my 100 mm Bluto will need a new air cartridge to be 120? OR just remove the 1st 2 tokens that came w/ the Bluto?

Coming from a long lineage of Lefty's so need to read up on these forks...
    ..sleep is good...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Air shafts determine the travel. You have to change the 100mm air shaft for a 120mm.

Tokens determine the ramp-up rate of the air spring. If you're at correct sag and bottoming out then you add a token. It's personal prefrence. I tend to run more sag and more tokens because i like the small bump sensitivity but do bottom out the fork pretty frequently.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    OK, so I have some questions. I just rebuilt my Bluto rct3, and I am having more stiction now, than I had before I rebuilt it. I used slick honey lube where noted in SRAM manual, I used RS specified fluid and amounts. I didn't lube the lower leg seal as there was already some grease there, and the manual said not to if it was present.

The only thing that I can think of is my foam rings seemed to be a little damaged when I removed the lowers (the red travel ring fell off and I didn't notice until it was back together). There was a little bit of debris in the lower, so I removed it and checked the foam to make sure there were not loose pieces, then reassembled.

Does anybody have any recommendations on what to check for next?

mtbr member
    Did you soak the foam rings in oil?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yes, the rings were soaked in oil prior to installation.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213