Thread: Black ops pug

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Black ops pug

well its a week into owning the most fun two wheeler i have ever had.

i have made a few changes, some for personel preferance of components and looks and some to improve traction. these include BFL's front and rear, the back one running backwards for better grip, both at 8 psi (cheers saltyman ) crank bros riser bars, lock on grips tompson post ,stem and seat collar (they look nicer than surly bits ) fizik tundra saddle because i like them

it ride very well, its heavy weighing about 35lbs but its just so much fun, i am going to remove one cog from the rear cassete as there is slight chain tire contact on the lowest gear, done about 35 miles so far and just keep laughing evey time i take it out .

stubbster

mtbr member
    Sweet! I'm waiting on my necromancer. Should have arrived at the shop today..... Went with HD's, but I keep flip floping if I should of went with the BFL's. Got antsy and pulled the trigger, because I didn't want to wait on a 907 in my size. Should be a good place to start.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    My first fat bike too. I will ride this one a long while, it just rides so sweet. I do love black as much as the next guy, but I do feel like I am hunting for hobbit while I ride it in the woods.So dark.

Nuts
    Very cool looking Pugs love the Black out!! Could get busy with a 1.5" hole saw and loose some weight.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice bike! I just built up a Neck Romancer frame myself but after much deliberation I went with Nates instead of BFL's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just got back from a cold misty ride, most of yesterdays snow has gone now but a bit remains, the water and mud were very cold. a couple of snaps for you guys

mist in the valley below

4x4 tracks are rutted and very slipery but so much fun

onto the open heathland

some local cattle

stubbster

Geordie biker
    Good stuff matey
    2014 milage so far - 2,167
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    cheers mate,

i wouldnt be having so much fun without you pointing me in the right direction and showing me this website. i dont think the cow had seen a fat bike before

cheers

stubbster

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

mtbr member
    Nice, i really dig that model.
    Your pics are getting me worked up, i might need to suit up after work. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Took fatty for a spin round Greenham Common, it used to be a US AIRFORCE base but has been returned to common land since the end of the cold war, mind you it was pretty cold up there today

a moke up of a plane that the fire crews used to practice putting out

the silos where they used to keep the big nukes still behind 3 sets of razor wire

the control tower, i think the only tires fatter than mine belonged to a c5 galaxy