mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Bigger Booty Advocate

With the onslaught of new tires popping up on the market I decided to use a new winter build to try some things.
    In an attempt to have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too this build forgoes some tradition and adds some moto vibe with staggered wheels. Rather than sticking the big one in the front, however, this is an experiment in fat-in-the-back. . .

Tires are Terrene Cake Eaters in 26" x 27.5", with more sidewall in the rear (4.6"), and a bit more skinny up front (4"). Overall diameter is functionally equal.
    My theory (generally) is to try and marry the benefits of more drive traction with improved steering characteristics. Jury is still out on if this hits the nail on the head - or misses entirely - but so far it is a fantastic ride. Lots of fun, and a little different.
    Bigger Booty Advocate-watchman2.jpg
    The Watchman is beautiful in Ti, and a ton of fun! Cake Eaters continue to impress in all conditions they've encountered so far.
    Bigger Booty Advocate-watchman1.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Cool. I'm in the process of converting my Wozo to B-fat and was considering trying a 26" rear with a 27.5" front for a couple of rides.

Also, I haven't seen much regarding the Cake Eaters - glad to hear they work well as I'll be running the 27.5x4" in the back with a 27.5x4.5 Gnarwhal in the front (both studded).

Great photos!