mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Bigfoot 6.1 vs Sasquatch 6.2 ridgid

Torn between the 2 as the spec is almost the same. Only difference is sasquatch is steper amd shorter stays(a bit better looking imo) and is a 190 back end. Also come with 4.8 JJ.

I plan on snow 95% of the time ajd what ever spring and fall conditions bring. Not to go fast but to keep me fit in the off season. I race xc so im leaning to the snappier sasquatch. Is the extra couple hundred worth it for the larger rear amd bigger tires?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I am in same dilemma. Likely will go with Bigfoot as then I have great three season JJ 4.0 tires and can get 4.8s with larger knobs if the JJs are not working out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I went through a similar situation deciding between the Sasquatch 6.2 rigid vs the 6.2 Sasquatch with the RST fork. In the end I picked the 6.2 with the RST fork for a few reasons.

1. The front hub is 150x15 so it's Bluto compatible, incase the RST fork is a complete hoagie I swamp out for a Bluto without replacing my front hub. The rigid model hub is 135x15 unfortunately.
    2. The rear 197x12 thru axle.
    3. The 4.8 Jumbo Jims.
    4. The geometry is a little more aggressive on the suspension fork frame compared to the rigid

Now I have to buy a carbon fork now, oh well.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    can I ask what size you got? Looking at the geo and comparing to my race bike the large is waayy bigger then I was expecting

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    can I ask what size you got? Looking at the geo and comparing to my race bike the large is waayy bigger then I was expecting
    I'm riding a medium and I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam. The geometry and fit is spot on for me. I debated on getting a small and I'm I didn't because test out a old stock 2014 BigFoot my LBS had hanging around in size 17.
    Norco's theoretical tube length through me off because nothing else I tested out went by theoretical instead it was actually top tube length.
    The cockpit is very compact and the bike comes with a 50 or 60mm stem, can't really tell on my bike because of the rise on the stem.
    My other bike is Cotic Bfe (small) with a 577mm effective top tube and I run a 70mm stem on.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks. Sounds like a large will do the job. Yea tge top tube threw me off too as its like 40mm longeron paper. Reach as well was confusing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have a 2015 Sasquatch. One of the things that I absolutely love about it is the short chainstays. The ride is super snappy, even on snow. It's flickable. And all other factors aside, your passion for racing and whipping the bike around should probably move up your list. I rode a lot of other bikes and while I'm no racer, I noticed the chainstay more than just about anything else. Too long and you feel like you're driving an old Wagoneer hauling an Airstream trailer. The 190 back end is trendy, but it really depends where you ride. It's great if you're cutting your own trail, but not needed if you're hauling along a packed path, even a footpath.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    That's what basically sold me on the Sasquatch short chain stays, slack head angle, thru axle, fork compatibility, and just basic trail geometry.
    I plan on riding this year round and wanted something I could jump and toss around a little.
    Meat Patty on a Bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I have a 2015 Sasquatch. One of the things that I absolutely love about it is the short chainstays. The ride is super snappy, even on snow. It's flickable. And all other factors aside, your passion for racing and whipping the bike around should probably move up your list. I rode a lot of other bikes and while I'm no racer, I noticed the chainstay more than just about anything else. Too long and you feel like you're driving an old Wagoneer hauling an Airstream trailer. The 190 back end is trendy, but it really depends where you ride. It's great if you're cutting your own trail, but not needed if you're hauling along a packed path, even a footpath.
    I think with the lack of fat bike in my area I will be the one doing the work and will be blazing a few trails. The 4" tired bike I borrowed let me know more float would be a nice addition.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Then the Sasquatch is perfect -- it flicks through trees, rails through berms and hops over logs with ease. I ride all fat, 365 and my rig is like an extension of me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Im excited as I am getting closer! Hope to make it to dufferin at some point this winter. Trails still in good shape?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Good? How about GREAT! The Lollipop is open (10-11 km). So is the ridge (4-5 km) which connects to the Lolli. And there's a 7.5 km groomed fat trail that is maintained, too -- it uses a bit of the Lollipop, but only a few kms. It's mostly double track, but it ROCKS!