Results 1 to 51 of 51
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,406

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes

    In the market for a new 2" bike rack for my truck and now have fat bikes so it needs to be compatible for fatties. ANy thoughts or recomendations?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    400
    1UPUSA made in Wisconsin.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
    1UPUSA made in Wisconsin.
    X2
    Love mine!

  4. #4
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,231
    X3 too

  5. #5
    beer thief
    Reputation: radair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,637
    I have a Thule T2 but my recommendation would also be 1Up

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: baltobrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    225
    1UP for the win. I have their smaller 1 1/2" hitch, and it's very stable. I imagine the 2" would be rock solid. Unless you're hauling e-bikes, I wouldn't even bother with the heavy duty version.

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-1up-1.jpg
    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-1up-2.jpg

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,785
    Last edited by Swerny; 05-30-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6 with Lauf
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jeff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    560
    If you have the $ 1UP x infinity
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

    16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

    Minneapolis MN

  9. #9
    Rednose/Greenback
    Reputation: apbtlvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    322
    +1 for 1Up
    Plenty of threads available on this topic. If you read them, you'll see that most folks tend to favor the 1Up USA rack...with good reason.


    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-2016-11-11-09.41.27.jpg
    38° 54' -77° 15

  10. #10
    Flying Sasquatch
    Reputation: KTMNealio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    202
    The 1 UP is spendy, but its the most solidly built rack I've ever seen. And it won't scratch your frame. I had buyers remorse at first, but after using it for a while I"m happy I kicked down the money for it.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6
    iSi bicycle systems.

    without a doubt, the strongest, best designed rack made.

    iSi Advanced 4x4 Bicycle Carrier and Bike Rack Systems

  12. #12
    Rocking on a Rocky
    Reputation: RockyJo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,336
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    80
    While I am happy owner of 1up, and recommend it to everybody, you need to make sure your fat tires will fit. 1up with Fat Tire Spacers (which cost extra but can be installed by 1up before shipping if you wish) accommodates tires up to 4.9". While most fat tires fall below 4.9", you better verify before you buy because there are some 5"+.
    And if you decide on 1up, then for fat bikes I'd go with Super Duty version for extra safety.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devine Intervention's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    263
    I'll second the ISI Rack. Got one a few years back and if you do high speed runs down rough roads, I can assure you this one will NOT let you down. They sell hoops that fit 4" fat bike tires.

    http://www.isi-carriers.com/index.html


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    I would go with a Thule T2 Pro. It's versatile enough to fit Fat Bikes or skinny roadies without having to change trays or anything else. Has integrated locks, can expand to 4 bikes and goes on and off without the need of separate tools or parts. It also won't touch your frame anywhere. A no brainer IMHO. I have one and it's a do it all rack and will last forever. The only downside to it is that it's heavy AF, but that comes with the territory if you want a sturdy rack that will last and can't handle anything.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jeff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    I would go with a Thule T2 Pro. It's versatile enough to fit Fat Bikes or skinny roadies without having to change trays or anything else. Has integrated locks, can expand to 4 bikes and goes on and off without the need of separate tools or parts. It also won't touch your frame anywhere. A no brainer IMHO. I have one and it's a do it all rack and will last forever. The only downside to it is that it's heavy AF, but that comes with the territory if you want a sturdy rack that will last and can't handle anything.
    Ditto for the 1UP.

    I looked at the ISI briefly and the only thing I see that would be a bonus over the 1UP is the fact that it sits way above the bumper. (If you're into offroading)
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

    16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

    Minneapolis MN

  17. #17
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by brianstuart65 View Post
    iSi bicycle systems.

    without a doubt, the strongest, best designed rack made.

    iSi Advanced 4x4 Bicycle Carrier and Bike Rack Systems
    Any rack that touches a frame is a no go.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Any rack that touches a frame is a no go.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more. I've seen racks crack carbon frames and scratch the hell out of other frames if dirt gets in there and then road vibrations start sawing away at the frame. The T2 Pro rack also sits much higher than where the hitch is for anyone wanting clearance to go off-roading making the iSi advantage moot. No pins to fiddle with either. I did a ton of research on all major racks out there and the T2 Pro really can't be beat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-img_1448.jpg  

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-img_1452.jpg  

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes-img_1795.jpg  


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: likeaboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by kosulin View Post
    While I am happy owner of 1up, and recommend it to everybody, you need to make sure your fat tires will fit. 1up with Fat Tire Spacers (which cost extra but can be installed by 1up before shipping if you wish) accommodates tires up to 4.9". While most fat tires fall below 4.9", you better verify before you buy because there are some 5"+.
    And if you decide on 1up, then for fat bikes I'd go with Super Duty version for extra safety.
    You can convert the rack to fat tires using spacers that can usually be had at the local HW store or McMaster.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I've seen racks crack carbon frames and scratch the hell out of other frames if dirt gets in there and then road vibrations start sawing away at the frame. The T2 Pro rack also sits much higher than where the hitch is for anyone wanting clearance to go off-roading making the iSi advantage moot. No pins to fiddle with either. I did a ton of research on all major racks out there and the T2 Pro really can't be beat.
    Just make sure it is the newer "XT" model if you want to carry 2 big fat bikes.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/car-biker/thu...e-1003181.html

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    400
    One nice thing about the 1UPUSA rack is there is no plastic on it. I backed into a tree with it a few weeks ago and bent the glide bar on it. I removed the glide bar and straightened it out but could have bought a replacement from them for only $9.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jeff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    560
    On a 10 mile ride......
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

    16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

    Minneapolis MN

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    On a 10 mile ride......
    Hey now! Weir everywhere!! (~);}

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bme107 View Post
    Just make sure it is the newer "XT" model if you want to carry 2 big fat bikes.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/car-biker/thu...e-1003181.html
    I read that. I wonder if it's specific to those bikes. I think it could be made to work but yes, even better with an XT.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devine Intervention's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    Ditto for the 1UP.

    I looked at the ISI briefly and the only thing I see that would be a bonus over the 1UP is the fact that it sits way above the bumper. (If you're into offroading)


    That clearance also gives you peace of mind in rush hour traffic - that also swayed my decision living in SoCal.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks to all for the great responses. I ended up going with the new Yakima DrTray. I pull the rack off frequently for putting a ball hitch on for hauling trail building equipment and easy on and off was important and at 36LBs the DrTray is really light. REI had it on sale for 20 off and of course if it does not work out in a year I can return it.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,362
    So interesting, lots of threads on this topic, 1UP gets the bid for best rack system, which it deserves, but in the end most people opt for Thule or Yakima.

    I've owned so many racks, sad to say that only one has stood the test of time and function.

    I have the regular tray, the fat tray, and the tandem tray. Sold the tandem, so I cut the tray shorter to use for bikes.

    1UP for the win.

    and yeah, racks should not hold a bike by the frame, that is a no go, too much risk for damage.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: likeaboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    817
    If you do not like the height of any rack you can buy a riser on Amazon to get the rack higher. I did this for my 1UP on my SUV.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    That Dr. Tray looks good but you really have to know your needs now AND in the future. The advantages of this Dr. Tray are disadvantages for me but my situation is likely very different. The Dr. Tray is much lighter than the Thule T2 Pro I have and the weight of the T2 Pro and T2 Pro XT are the biggest drawbacks BUT, because they weigh that much is why they can carry up to 60 Lbs. in each tray vs. just 40 Lbs. with the Dr. Tray. That Yakima doesn't seem like you can expand it to carry 4 bikes either. The smallest size tire the Dr. Tray can carry is a 26" tire so no kids bikes either. The reason I have a T2 Pro is that I have 2 little toddlers that I hope take to biking as well so a few years down the road I can grow the T2 Pro to carry 4 bikes and it can handle tires as small as 20" (kids bikes) all the way to 5" fat bikes without changing trays. If you have fat bike clearance issues the XT version takes care of that too. The T2 Pro also sits much higher than the bumper for the offroaders. There just doesn't seem to be anything the T2 Pro can't handle and it can grow with your family so for my situation it works great. If you know you'll never need to carry more than 2 bikes, will never carry an e-bike (yours or a friend's) etc. than that Dr. Tray seems like a good choice. I'd never pay that MSRP though so good for you getting a deal on it.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Devine Intervention View Post
    I'll second the ISI Rack. Got one a few years back and if you do high speed runs down rough roads, I can assure you this one will NOT let you down. They sell hoops that fit 4" fat bike tires.

    iSi Advanced 4x4 Bicycle Carrier and Bike Rack Systems


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iSi also offer hoops for 5.25" tyres on 100mm rims

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes

    Little update for anyone that has a Thule T2 Pro. Thule is offering anyone who bought one a free exchange to the T2 Pro XT. I took advantage of that and they sent me a new one while I still had the old one. I then packed the old one up in the box the new one came in. Great service and I highly recommend this if you have one. Besides the greater clearance to address the fatbike issue, the lock cables now sit in a redesigned holder that is much cleaner and keeps them in place. I also ordered it in black which comes in a powder coat type finish which is much more durable than the silver smooth finish that scratches up almost instantly. The lock on the hitch also is working better on this one. If you have a T2 Pro, don't see why you wouldn't do this.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    Little update for anyone that has a Thule T2 Pro. Thule is offering anyone who bought one a free exchange to the T2 Pro XT. I took advantage of that and they sent me a new one while I still had the old one. I then packed the old one up in the box the new one came in. Great service and I highly recommend this if you have one. Besides the greater clearance to address the fatbike issue, the lock cables now sit in a redesigned holder that is much cleaner and keeps them in place. I also ordered it in black which comes in a powder coat type finish which is much more durable than the silver smooth finish that scratches up almost instantly. The lock on the hitch also is working better on this one. If you have a T2 Pro, don't see why you wouldn't do this.
    How do I go about doing this? I just bought the T2 Pro last fall and would love to upgrade. Thanks for your help! Doug

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    31
    Both silver or black are powdercoated. Silver is silver ontop of clear/

    Have not seen their black in person . It could be either be black with clear OR it can wrinkle black. Ewing, is the black smooth or *textured*

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes

    Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Both silver or black are powdercoated. Silver is silver ontop of clear/

    Have not seen their black in person . It could be either be black with clear OR it can wrinkle black. Ewing, is the black smooth or *textured*
    The silver is smooth and the black is textured. After just a few months of use my silver one was scuffed and scratched up. The black one has a rough crinkle finish and won't scratch and scuff up like the silver one. I definitely recommend the black over the silver.

    As far as the upgrade, you just need to file a warranty claim online through the Thule website explaining you'd like to upgrade your T2 Pro. Someone will get back to you in a day or two and you work it out their rep. It was shipped to me in 3 days. If you have a T2 Pro this is a must do. Not only can you get the more durable black version, but there are a few other welcome updates on it plus that extra 1 1/2" of clearance means no issues with fat bikes. It's a no brainer.

    Saris just came out with a Superclamp 4 that is lighter and carries more weight, but the attachment is not tool free like the Thule and you still need to switch trays for tires over 4". Any time I think there is a better one out there I come back to the T2 Pro XT. The tool free attachment, one tray for all bikes and durability outweigh its one big issue, IT WEIGHS A TON. I couldn't even imagine hauling one around with the 2 bike extension.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    The silver is smooth and the black is textured. After just a few months of use my silver one was scuffed and scratched up. The black one has a rough crinkle finish and won't scratch and scuff up like the silver one. I definitely recommend the black over the silver.

    As far as the upgrade, you just need to file a warranty claim online through the Thule website explaining you'd like to upgrade your T2 Pro. Someone will get back to you in a day or two and you work it out their rep. It was shipped to me in 3 days. If you have a T2 Pro this is a must do. Not only can you get the more durable black version, but there are a few other welcome updates on it plus that extra 1 1/2" of clearance means no issues with fat bikes. It's a no brainer.

    Saris just came out with a Superclamp 4 that is lighter and carries more weight, but the attachment is not tool free like the Thule and you still need to switch trays for tires over 4". Any time I think there is a better one out there I come back to the T2 Pro XT. The tool free attachment, one tray for all bikes and durability outweigh its one big issue, IT WEIGHS A TON. I couldn't even imagine hauling one around with the 2 bike extension.
    Thanks for the info, just submitted my request. I assume you had to pay the $30 upgrade; how about shipping? Thanks again...

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Hands down, 1UP USA. I used their hitch extender with mine to clear the spare tire on my Jeep and it was rock solid.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    Thanks for the info, just submitted my request. I assume you had to pay the $30 upgrade; how about shipping? Thanks again...
    No, I didn't pay a cent. I didn't know about the upgrade though when I placed the warranty request, I was genuinely complaining so that may have made the difference. I would've done it for $30 anyway as it's a nice upgrade and now I have it in the more durable black version.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    No, I didn't pay a cent. I didn't know about the upgrade though when I placed the warranty request, I was genuinely complaining so that may have made the difference. I would've done it for $30 anyway as it's a nice upgrade and now I have it in the more durable black version.

    so it's now a warranty claim per se then. They goodwilled the upgrade. YMMV Labs

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    so it's now a warranty claim per se then. They goodwilled the upgrade. YMMV Labs
    Not exactly. The warranty claim portal is just the way to communicate with them. It is a standing policy of theirs to do the upgrade if you have a T2 Pro.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,944
    North Shire Racks - NSR-4 or NSR-6

    Best fit if you're using a suspension fork, though.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
    No, I didn't pay a cent. I didn't know about the upgrade though when I placed the warranty request, I was genuinely complaining so that may have made the difference. I would've done it for $30 anyway as it's a nice upgrade and now I have it in the more durable black version.

    Going on 10 days and two requests to Thule with out a single word back from them one way or the other. Poor service is something I do not care for. I feel better about the situation if they at least contacted me and said they are no longer offering this service rather than outright ignoring my requests for their help...done venting...

  42. #42
    Jammin' Econo
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,310
    My next rack will be a One Up. I'm done with the crap put out by the popular rack companies.
    "I've been mt biking for 25 years and I don't plan on ever getting a MOPED"
    - Mt Biker E

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22

    Best 2" receiver hitch rack for 2 fat bikes

    Strange. I've had nothing but good service from Thule. So much so that I bought a Thule Motion XT XL last week for a trip to NY and love it too. Drove through a rain storm and everything inside was bone dry. The only other rack I would consider would be Saris' new Superclamp 4. I like to not have to deal with any tools to attach a rack and no locking pins to lose which is just another of the million reasons I still come back to the T2 Pro XT as being the best overall.



    Last edited by Ewing; 07-24-2017 at 10:08 AM.

  44. #44
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    Going on 10 days and two requests to Thule with out a single word back from them one way or the other. Poor service is something I do not care for. I feel better about the situation if they at least contacted me and said they are no longer offering this service rather than outright ignoring my requests for their help...done venting...
    Customer service seems to be hit & miss with thule....Many reports of thumbs-up, taken care of right away.
    I have a pair of sidearms that the latches weren't working/sticking, and the arms were starting to rust. Their response was "cosmetic" rust isn't covered under lifetime warranty and that I should remove the rack in the winter.
    Yeah, thanks. Not buying anything from thule again.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,362
    I can even count the number of "other racks" I've owned, not to mention the conflabulations I've made with parts from racks.

    I bought a 1UP three years ago, a single tray, a fat conversion tray, and a tandem tray, all have been used as roof racks as well as hitch mount, currently all are on the hitch. I got rid of our tandem, so I cut the tandem tray down and converted it to a single bike (easy peasey).

    Great rack system, strong as hell, durable, it'll be on my vehicles for decades to come.

    Expensive to start, but it beats replacing racks every few years.

    For an idea of just how burly these racks are, mine is mounted on the back of a commercial van (Promaster) which I quasi converted for camping, but I continue to use for moving construction materials. With the rack down in back, I routinely use it as a ladder to climb in and out of the van with materials, very heavy materials (lumber, sheetrock, etc..), often these materials are supported by the rack.

    Yeah, it's a great rack

    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    My next rack will be a One Up. I'm done with the crap put out by the popular rack companies.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gunner.989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    61
    North shore bike racks last rack you will ever need but if you have a carbon fork they won't fit. I have a bluto no issues had the rack for 7 years still going strong

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    98
    So... Can you get a 1UP rack that is fat/non fat compatible? I was having a hard time interpreting their site, to clarify if their racks would clear a 3.5" tire. Also, the max would be 3 bikes right? You get a 2 spot and then an ad on? Or is their a 4 bike option that I am just not seeing? Wanna support the WISCO crew ;-)

  48. #48
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by BroJangles View Post
    So... Can you get a 1UP rack that is fat/non fat compatible? I was having a hard time interpreting their site, to clarify if their racks would clear a 3.5" tire. Also, the max would be 3 bikes right? You get a 2 spot and then an ad on? Or is their a 4 bike option that I am just not seeing? Wanna support the WISCO crew ;-)
    Get the fat bike adapters and it'll hold any bike from a 5" fatty to a skinny roadie. If you get the 2 bike rack, you can add two additional single one trays to hold a total of 4 bikes.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    Going on 10 days and two requests to Thule with out a single word back from them one way or the other. Poor service is something I do not care for. I feel better about the situation if they at least contacted me and said they are no longer offering this service rather than outright ignoring my requests for their help...done venting...
    UPDATE:
    All is OK now and after getting in touch with the right person I am extremely pleased with Thule. I received the new T2 Pro XT via UPS while on vacation. Delivered as promised. I just repacked the T2 Pro in the same box and shipped it back using the pre-paid shipping label they sent. This, to me, is going above an beyond for a customer. They really did not have to do this but I do appreciate it. This is great customer service in my opinion. Thanks again for the heads up on their offer!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    31
    I just realized I posted this tidbit in the 1Up thread.

    For THOSE that must/prefer a black rack, the T2 PXT is completely in black powdercoat.
    The 1up, only the trays are black. The rest is black anoized. Black anodized + UV turns the black to more like a a faded black/puple (eggplant color) over time...

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    UPDATE:
    All is OK now and after getting in touch with the right person I am extremely pleased with Thule. I received the new T2 Pro XT via UPS while on vacation. Delivered as promised. I just repacked the T2 Pro in the same box and shipped it back using the pre-paid shipping label they sent. This, to me, is going above an beyond for a customer. They really did not have to do this but I do appreciate it. This is great customer service in my opinion. Thanks again for the heads up on their offer!
    You're welcome. Glad I could pass it along.

    Yeah, sometimes it depends on whether you get the right person. The XT version is definitely a nice upgrade, especially for free! No need to go back and for with adapters for fat bikes like with other racks. The T2 Pro XT has no downsides. Especially with the fact that it can grow to carry 4 bikes.

Similar Threads

  1. Which Receiver Hitch and Platform Rack for 2016 WRX???
    By krazymatt in forum Cars and Bike Racks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 09:37 PM
  3. Receiver hitch rack recommendations
    By Yeti_Rider in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
  4. Project G35 Hidden Receiver Hitch for Bike Rack...
    By ricerocketdave in forum Cars and Bike Racks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 12:55 PM
  5. Paid Spam: Saris Cycle On Pro Hitch Mounted Bike Rack (2" Hitch Receiver)
    By Mountain_Smith in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Members who have read this thread: 187

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •