mtbr member

Because it's fun!

I've owned my Fatback Lefty for 10-1/2 months and have ridden it 1,330 miles so far. I know that mileage is nothing compared to the real cyclists out there but considering I have never ridden my road and mountain bikes combined more than 1,000 miles in any year prior to this I would say that's pretty good for me. The fat bike is so much fun I have pretty much given up riding my mountain bikes though I still ride the road bike. The other thing is when the weather turned cold and snowy I normally would just stop riding but now the fat bike can better deal with conditions that the mountain bike just wouldn't be happy with at all. I originally got my fat bike so I wouldn't have to go all winter without riding at all. Before I got it I never expected I would ride it as much as I do. Has your fat bike changed your cycling perspective?

mtbr member
    Yes.

It has brought back cycling-passion to my life, that I have not had since the early 90's. Sneeking outta work today actually, to go for a snow ride.

Don't worry about milage counting, that's for people that need to prove stuff to their milage peers. They're missing the point of a two-wheeled vehicle...Fun!

To each their own though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have to agree, I have only had mine about a month but it has gotten me out more in that month than any other bike I have for winter riding. It has a whole new dimension to riding, handles different, tougher to pedal, steering on pavement is an adventure all of its own. Plus the fact everyone that sees it on the trail it totally blown away by the tires LOL.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY