Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    814

    Beargrease ETA.....November.

    My LBS got a visit from his QBP rep today and he was told my bike would be delivered sometime in November. Guess I shouldn't be surprised but I was hoping for Sept/Oct. Anyone else heard anything different?
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

  2. #2
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,111
    Some dealers are getting them sooner. Depends on when they got in line to get the Beargrease, only so many were available earlier than November.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    136
    I was told August then it was updated to early October and I'm afraid to ask now.
    Can't believe they haven't updated there site with the new bikes? Whats the point in waiting if there are no 2013 left to order?
    Looks like there's going to be lots of choices in new bikes if Salsa doesn't come through in a reasonable timeline. The biggest problem is timing the selling of my old bike with no firm dates for the new ones.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: damnitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    On the Salsa website, in their blog section, they have a new 2014 product catalog posted that you can download
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBN View Post
    The biggest problem is timing the selling of my old bike with no firm dates for the new ones.
    Keep the old bike until you are 100% sorted on the new one. If you have a warranty issue or something of that nature on a bike with low availability you could be off the snow for a long time.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    On the Salsa website, in their blog section, they have a new 2014 product catalog posted that you can download
    Can you be a little more specific, I looked through there Twitter/Facebook blog and saw no mention of the 2014 product catalog?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    87
    Just a shame that the alloy Beargrease has been discontinued, it would have been good if they ran them side by side, an affordable Beargrease and then the elite Beargrease, I was looking forward to buying an alloy frame in a year or two and swapping all the good stuff over from my Mukluk. It really is a good looking Fatbike frame.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: damnitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    ...on the Salsa website...not their Facebook site...not their Twitter site...
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBN View Post
    Can you be a little more specific, I looked through there Twitter/Facebook blog and saw no mention of the 2014 product catalog?
    2014 Salsa Preview | Salsa Cycles
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  10. #10
    *R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Reputation: PUBCRAWL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    836

    Re: Beargrease ETA.....November.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjose View Post
    Just a shame that the alloy Beargrease has been discontinued, it would have been good if they ran them side by side, an affordable Beargrease and then the elite Beargrease, I was looking forward to buying an alloy frame in a year or two and swapping all the good stuff over from my Mukluk. It really is a good looking Fatbike frame.
    The new Mukluk frame is very close to the 2013 Beargrease alloy frame in weight and the reason for not having it. At least that's what the Salsa Sales Rep lead me to believe.




    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2 for BB10

    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    814
    It always amazes me at how these threads wonder or get hyjacked (not complaining because I'm guilty as well) I'm hoping to hear from others who may have heard any news, good bad or ugly on delivery dates. I wonder if certain dealers get preferantial treatment on hot new models (probably) I would hope that a customer anywhere in the US who orders a bike would be in line before someone who waited. I got in line months ago. Of course, I know nothing about the industry
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

  12. #12
    *R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Reputation: PUBCRAWL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    836

    Re: Beargrease ETA.....November.

    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot View Post
    It always amazes me at how these threads wonder or get hyjacked (not complaining because I'm guilty as well) I'm hoping to hear from others who may have heard any news, good bad or ugly on delivery dates. I wonder if certain dealers get preferantial treatment on hot new models (probably) I would hope that a customer anywhere in the US who orders a bike would be in line before someone who waited. I got in line months ago. Of course, I know nothing about the industry
    From the Dealer info in Canada it's been communicated as delivery block periods of 2-3 months duration per block with no firm dates.

    I do know some models are already sold out in some sizes for the first delivery period block.


    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2 for BB10

    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    136
    I let my LBS know I was interested a short time after they announced they would possibly produce a carbon fat. Over a period of months my LBS had them answer questions as to components as I wasn't going to commit with out knowing it would meet my needs. The first day that they were allowed to submit orders to QBP I confirmed that I would purchase one. I was original told Mid August which has since been downgraded to October? I find dates from bike manufactures doesn't mean a lot? Even though I placed an order in a pretty timely manner I would think if a Pro rider asked for one today he may get preferential treatment. I guess time will tell. The good thing is I still have my Mukluk to ride.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBN View Post
    I let my LBS know I was interested a short time after they announced they would possibly produce a carbon fat. Over a period of months my LBS had them answer questions as to components as I wasn't going to commit with out knowing it would meet my needs. The first day that they were allowed to submit orders to QBP I confirmed that I would purchase one. I was original told Mid August which has since been downgraded to October? I find dates from bike manufactures doesn't mean a lot? Even though I placed an order in a pretty timely manner I would think if a Pro rider asked for one today he may get preferential treatment. I guess time will tell. The good thing is I still have my Mukluk to ride.
    I'd be surprised if a well connected customer or shop doesn't get preferential treatment over an average Joe or smaller shop that doesn't move as many bikes. I think it stinks but it's probably the way it is in a business with a relatively small amount of popular items to sell. I just hope I can A) Get my Beargrease. And B) Have it before the snow flies
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    136
    Agreed, I'm not really in any immediate need as I have more than enough bikes to ride but it would be great if if showed up before the snow.

Similar Threads

  1. Salsa Beargrease
    By black cross in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 10:29 AM
  2. How to get the Beargrease rims?
    By MrMcFeely in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
  3. Carbon Beargrease
    By AOK in forum Salsa
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
  4. Necromancer or Beargrease?
    By igere in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
  5. 2013 Beargrease!
    By murphy87 in forum Alaska
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •