Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Avro Rims

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ward 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Avro rims? I'm pretty sure that's the brand. I believe they are 44mm wide, single wall, powder coated black, 26".
Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
I remember the Avro's... but I thought they were 60mm? They were billed as snow rims too. Snow Cat Rims were 44mm. Never saw a pair of the Avro's but in pictures on the web... kind of round, cross section wise if I remember. Did You come across a pair? Real cool rims... don't think there were allot of bikes that could take them at the time.

#3 ·
Just looked on the web, Avro's still around, a Canadian company. The rims I was discribing were from they're past... they make a 44mm rim called Zum now.Don't know anything about it and haven't heard of Avro in quite a while... apperently "new" owners... Looks like they also make/or made a 45mm snow rim called the "Icicle". Anyone else remember an Avro 60mm snow rim from the past?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.