Longleaf Bicycles
    Aug 2010

Anyone have a "real life" width measurement of Berm Master 24x3.00?

I hope 3.00" is fat enough to qualify for the fat bike forum.

I'm trying to get bigger tires on my Big Dummy. Put some Duro Razorback's (stated 24x3.00) on the bike yesterday, but they only measure 65mm (2 9/16). Only 7mm wider than my Big Apples (stated, 2.35, actual 58mm).

I don't expect the stated and true width to correspond exactly, but I'm looking for something wider with tread suitable for offroad use.

The Felt Berm Master looks promising, but I don't want to order them and get another 65mm tire.

So does anyone know the "real life" width of these tires? Thanks.
    Longleaf Bicycles: Handbuilt wheels. Dynohub lighting systems. Custom assembled bicycles.

mtbr member
    Boy are you lucky because I just happen to have a set on my fat cruiser. 3"x24 on a 50mm kris holm rim.

I will get the numbers in a minute.

Longleaf Bicycles
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Boy are you lucky because I just happen to have a set on my fat cruiser. 3"x24 on a 50mm kris holm rim.

I will get the numbers in a minute.
    Thank you very much.
    Longleaf Bicycles: Handbuilt wheels. Dynohub lighting systems. Custom assembled bicycles.

mtbr member
    75mm

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    without measuring them, I've used the Berm Masters and the Big Apples, and the Berm Masters are significantly bigger. There's more rolling resistance, and they squeal a little bit when you corner on pavement. Grip is better, which doesn't really matter unless you're on gravel or off road

mtbr member
    I took em off road and had no problem.

Longleaf Bicycles
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I took em off road and had no problem.
    Hard to tell from pics but the knobs on the Berm Master don't look very deep. How are they on loose footing? I'm not going to be barreling into corners with my kids on my cargo bike, but there are some sandy patches on the rails to trails into town and a steep off road path I don't want to loose traction on.