oh crap...

Anyone 6'1" w/ 34" inseam on a Medium (18") Moonlander?

Trying to figure out a good size for myself on this. I've ridden an 18" Karate Monkey in the past but with drop bars. I had a Large 907 at one time, and have ridden a rigid bike with a 23" ETT - Medium Moonlander has a 23.4" ETT.

So, is anyone riding a size smaller on the Moonlander? I will be riding it here in Iowa for the winter, but moving back to the Front Range of CO next summer. Anyone really enjoying their fat bike on the Front Range by the way?

Thanks!
    Grow some food for yourself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just got my new beargrease out sunday on it's maiden voyage...16.5 mi, approx 1500' climbing, on dry, twisty gravelly Denver singletrack. Mucho fun! Can't wait for snow! (btw, I am 6'0", 32" inseam, and my large bg is great! The medium would have been too small for me.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm 6'2" Id go large. the XL would work too but i'm going to be falling jumping off the bike a lot in the snow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    For riding mostly snow, it makes sense to go down a size and use a longer stem to get more weight over the front wheel.

For riding mostly singletrack, it makes sense to size up to get your weight farther back so it's harder to endo.

mtbr member
    FWIW, I'm about 6'1 with a 34" inseam and I ride a 20" Karate Monkey, which I love, and an 18" pugs. I got the 18" just because it was available, and I do sometimes wish it were a 20", but it's workable. I guess the smaller frame might seem a little more maneuverable, but if I were to do it over, I'd be on a 20".

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 5 11 and my seat to center of bb length is 29.75". Find the 18 surly too short. I've had 3 pugsleys and just picked up a large (20") moonlander. The dropped top tube makes it easier to ride a size with a proper length top tube. Rather be a little less cramped in the cockpit to move the bike around better and avoid dabs.

mtbr member
    i'm just shy of 5'11 and am riding a med moonlander. i fits me great, if i were any taller or longer it would be on the small side. that being said a ridding buddy is your height and rides a med, he loves it. tons of seat post showing more spacers and longer stem to make it roomy.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    A 20 would be the proper fit given your measurements.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    6'1" 35ish inseam rocking a 20" Moonlander.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstews View Post
    FWIW, I'm about 6'1 with a 34" inseam and I ride a 20" Karate Monkey, which I love, and an 18" pugs. I got the 18" just because it was available, and I do sometimes wish it were a 20", but it's workable. I guess the smaller frame might seem a little more maneuverable, but if I were to do it over, I'd be on a 20".
    Opposite for me. 20 inch pugs, 18 inch Monkey. 6'1" with a 34 inseam. I think I could have gotten away with an 18 in the pugsley but I like a smaller frame.

Laramie, Wyoming
    I am 6'1" and have a 351/2" inseam. I rode both the 18 and the 20" Moonlander. I bought the 20".

mtbr member
    5'11" 30" inseam and on a med with a 90mm stem any larger and I would be hanging on the top tube.

Lg for you at 32"

mtbr member
    6'1" x 34" and the large Pugsley fits me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    What part of Iowa? I know a few shops that have em in stock give em a ride. I'm 5'11" 32 when with the 18"

oh crap...
    Thanks for all of the input everyone. Looks like I'm gonna have to pass on a Medium frame in the classifieds...been contemplating my priorities for a bike with a move back to the Colorado front range too. I think I'll probably wait a couple of years to get one again. Thanks again!
    Grow some food for yourself.