mtbr member

Any reason not to use DT Revo's for a wheel build?

My thinking here is that the flex point is a bit mute given the low pressures and compliance our tires give. They are cheaper and lighter than Supercomps. Am I goofy to consider this? I feel like someone has to have some experience here. FWIW, the rims will be a pair of schlick 47's or RD's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've been riding on a set of wheels I built for around 6 months now. Marge Lites + Hope Fatsno + Revo's. The wheels have seen roots, rocks and all varieties of dirt. No broken or bent spokes or any other issues so far. I cannot detect any flex. I'm around 155 lbs for the record. YMMV. I'll also note that I've built exactly one other wheel in my life, so I'm no expert.

How much does it weigh?
    GFS with giant holes in them... low tension... black Revolutions... Allow nipples... Hadley hubs.

2 winters on my wheels, LOTS of wheelies... nearly every ride I do wheelies all over the place. Have done some light trail riding in the summer.

The nipples aren't even seized on them, I use grease on my spokes when I build wheels.

Wheels are still perfectly true, as much as a GFS can be trued anyways, can't really avoid the extruded flattish spots that come from the factory.