mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Any one just order a 2013 Necro Pugs ?

i had a red pugley on order for the past couple a months, my LBS called me a couple day`s ago and told me Surly has 12 necro 2013 pugs they just sent him a email. ok i will take in a size 20, i seen it yesturday at the shop being built, i asked out of curiosity to see if they are any left,he did and they are all sold,i wonder if anybody got oe this past week or so.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Pugs are hard get in the middle of the season. They are always sold out. Surly is a small shop and doesn't mass produce like others.

My LBS told me I could put one on order, but reccomended me not too. He said who knows when you will get one. Instead he suggested waiting till the have them in stock and ordering then.

I preferred Moolander anyways. At least Moonlander frames were in stock..... Got a deal on some of the parts. It showed up a week after I ordered it. It's been 3,500.00 and 2 weeks know trying to get everything together to build. I still don't have handlebars, saddle, or pedals... and I got a heck of a deal on the parts. My drivetrain and other parts I scored off craigslist and ebay used and cheap....... I recommend just being patient and scoring a complete bike. You might have to find a used one. But I doubt you get a new one from Surly anytime soon....... Maybe April if your lucky...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i did get one of the 12 new Necro ,i was asking if any one here got one of the other 11.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Oh, gotcha. Good to be one of the lucky 12!

mtbr member

Any one just order a 2013 Necro Pugs ?

I think cycle haven just got some, check them out on facebook.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    i had a red pugley on order for the past couple a months, my LBS called me a couple day`s ago and told me Surly has 12 necro 2013 pugs they just sent him a email. ok i will take in a size 20, i seen it yesturday at the shop being built, i asked out of curiosity to see if they are any left,he did and they are all sold,i wonder if anybody got oe this past week or so.
    I got my Pugs Necro on Tuesday, 2/1, that I had ordered the first week of December. Total time from order to arrival was 9 weeks. I ordered through my local bike shop. I checked online for a few weeks and there wasn't much out there. As a bonus, I ordered a 2012 but got a 2013 which had upgraded parts, especially the "holey" rims. Went for the first real ride yesterday and the bike worked great. So far I'd recommend unequivocally.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yeah, qbp just got a little influx of necros in most sizes. We snatched a couple of them up and they sold to employees right away. They were sold out at qbp pretty quick. We had a customer interested in a 20" but he waited to long and they were all gone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I bought one from the shipment before the last, from Cycle Haven, picked it up about two weeks ago. I do think they still have stock- this pic was from their Facebook page on February 5th

Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmacky View Post
    Pugs are hard get in the middle of the season. They are always sold out. Surly is a small shop and doesn't mass produce like others.

My LBS told me I could put one on order, but reccomended me not too. He said who knows when you will get one. Instead he suggested waiting till the have them in stock and ordering then.
    Surly is a pretty large manufacturer and their frames are made in China in the same warehouse as Salsa's (and Soma's) frames. I wouldn't call them a "small shop." They simply didn't make enough fat bikes this year as well as last year...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    As of now QBP is out of stock on all sizes of necros according to their dealers site.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradogoose View Post
    As of now QBP is out of stock on all sizes of necros according to their dealers site.
    Cool,, I had a red pugs on order for a few months, a problem with the fork or something. My LBS had a Email notification set up with Surly to let them now when any came about, he called and said he got a Email saying they had 12necro Pugs ready to go, He called and asked if i wanted one, i did.
    So i was wonderig how fast they sold out so i asked him to check 2 day`s later and they are all gone. So i was wondering is any one on this site got one .

mtbr member
    Your bike is not built yet right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFcourse View Post
    Your bike is not built yet right?
    not yet, it is being built now, proly a few more day`s.
    How did you know? Wassujp?