Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Any fatbikers in No Cal....

I'm up in the Sacramento/Auburn/Nevada City area and looking for some fellow fatbikers to ride with. Willing to drive bit to try some new trails etc..

Posted this in the No Cal forums also..

mtbr member
    I ride almost everyday out at Granite Bay (Basically, my backyard).

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Folsom here. I mostly ride the Pugs in Tripower's back yard but do it faster while being better looking....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantisrider View Post
    Folsom here. I mostly ride the Pugs in Tripower's back yard but do it faster while being better looking....
    I am only slower because my tires are fatter.

PRETENDURO
    Technically I am in Northern California, but down and to your left over here in San Joserville.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I'd be your next door neighbor, reno/sparks area so not too far....Sierras received their first snow last night...maybe 2' of fresh white stuff.

Hey Porky thats my old stompin grounds until 1980 then Nv ever since.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm in Half Moon Bay and living a few blocks from the beach has had me lurking here on the fat bikes forum...

Any of you guys know of any bike shops in the Bay Area that keep fat bikes in stock? I realize I'll probably need to order exactly what I want..but I'd sure like to take a fat tire bike for a ride before taking the plunge.

mtbr member
    ...Who you callin' fat!

I just bought a 2013 Mukluk 3 today from Tour of Nevada City Bike Shop

I live in Nevada City.

We should ride, eredinger? Btw, is this Erik who used to work in Folsom with me 5 or so years ago at PS?

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any fatbikers in No Cal....-img_2649.jpg  

Any fatbikers in No Cal....-img_2650.jpg  

Any fatbikers in No Cal....-img_2651.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey Matt nice Muk!

I did work for PS in Folsom about 5 years ago. Send me a message before your next ride and maybe i'll join ya.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Iv'e been calling Truckee home for quite some time...Just took my first Fat ride on the shore of Donner Lake. It was fun mobbing over some of the big rocks with low tire pressure. Looking forward to some snow biking this winter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any fatbikers in No Cal....-imag1313.jpg  

Any fatbikers in No Cal....-imag1294.jpg  

Cheesiest
    I just relocated to Sacramento about two months ago from Seattle. I sold my Pugs a while back, but have been thinking of getting an aluminum fatbike for bikepacking and general meandering.

I was up at Salmon Falls last weekend on the low water area wishing I had some fat!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by railntrail View Post
    Iv'e been calling Truckee home for quite some time...Just took my first Fat ride on the shore of Donner Lake. It was fun mobbing over some of the big rocks with low tire pressure. Looking forward to some snow biking this winter
    we only 30min apart...reno. during the summer months some of my roadie friends & i ride old hwy 40 to the end and back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    kool... we should get together for a ride...do you have a Light ? I do like to nite ride. the snow should light up real well. I've got some ideas on where to ride but haven't tried them yet. I think the shoreline at Boca would be pretty good....I have a friend who rides the xc trails inTahoe City

mtbr member
    kool... we should get together for a ride...do you have a Light ? I do like to nite ride. the snow should light up real well. I've got some ideas on where to ride but haven't tried them yet. I think the shoreline at Boca would be pretty good....I have a friend who rides the xc trails inTahoe City
    agreed as i enjoy meeting new folk, riding etc. however no light. I rode the emigrant tr about 3 weeks ago but on my full squishy bike. I started @ tahoe donner campground on 89 out & back was a good ride.

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004
    Thought I'd pipe in. I too live in Truckee, and my Beargrease is in the mail. I'd like to ride with some locals too. You own TOHD?

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004
    Sick bike by the way!

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    We have a BONC (Bicyclist of Nevada County) trail maintenance/ride at Bullards Bar on December 1st which happens to land on International FatBike Day. It would be cool to have a bunch of NorCal/Reno Fatties there. I think Bullards will be a great ride for Fatties. It about 45 minutes north of Nevada City on the way to D-ville.

mtbr member
    Testing the new "fattie" on local Nevada City trail

I've had the Muk3 for 2 days and I already think it will be my only "horse" soon. I'm slower but having more fun than ever on 2 wheels. I can't wipe the grin off my face. I made this video just to play around with the camera and show a guy riding gratuitous "fatness" on a NorCal local trail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    emigrant is a favorite of mine, there is a way to do it as a loop that I prefer over the out n back. Days being short as they are lights make for more options. I night ride with a small group but there are only a 2 other fat bikes among us.Looks like my next few weekends will be out of town.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You guys know of any shops in that area that carry fat bikes in stock?

mtbr member
    emigrant is a favorite of mine, there is a way to do it as a loop that I prefer over the out n back. Days being short as they are lights make for more options. I night ride with a small group but there are only a 2 other fat bikes among us.Looks like my next few weekends will be out of town.
    a loop would be sweet and having only been 1 time i didn't explore much but i know once closer to stampede i saw numerous trails.

Cheesiest
    Anyone know of Al fabricators in the Sac area? I'm interested in having my Voodoo Bokor modded to take fatties.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmattcor View Post
    We have a BONC (Bicyclist of Nevada County) trail maintenance/ride at Bullards Bar on December 1st which happens to land on International FatBike Day. It would be cool to have a bunch of NorCal/Reno Fatties there. I think Bullards will be a great ride for Fatties. It about 45 minutes north of Nevada City on the way to D-ville.
    Any more details on the ride on Saturday. Going to try to make it up.

mtbr member
    Hey man,

Looks like it's gonna be a washout, so we've postponed the official club trail maint/ride part. You willing to ride in the rain with me?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Wash out

Bullards is one of my favorite rides...judging by the 8-10 inches of rain they are calling for here in Truckee I'm gonna pass

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast