Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Think hip/knee/BB alignment. To me the orientation of my knee to pedal is critical to whether I get knee pain or not. Also effects power to the pedal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I think you can maintain the entire alignment of your body to the bike the same if every contact point is rotated the same amount around the BB. The orientation of your body to the seat , bars and crank all remain fixed, the only thing changing is your orientation to the Earth.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for all the advice. I agree it's always best to change only one thing at a time.

I'm riding with an 80mm stem right now, so I guess I could try something shorter.

Getting a longer fork, new wheelset to go with the new fork (Rolling Daryl's to go with a 5" front tire) , and a new stem will add up in cost. I may just sell my Pugsley and buy a Salsa Mukluk which comes with a slacker head angle, and better wheels with Rolling Daryl's that could run a 5" tire.

mtbr member
    Could you not squeeze a bud into the pug fork with the marges? If you are going to wind up buying the tire anyway it could be worth it to give that a go first. I also agree about trying to bring your bars up and back a bit. Will help keep weight back. I like swept bars also, as others have mentioned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaultbrad View Post
    Could you not squeeze a bud into the pug fork with the marges?
    I doubt it would fit although i've not tried it. The WB snowpac would accept this combo as there's 126.2mm between stanchions tubes. WB has 2 snowpacs avail, 1 to replace the OEM pug fork and the other to replace the enabler fork which has a longer AC length that would slacken the setup if thats your desire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2