Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Harmonius Wrench

Lots of wet stuff

Got out in it for a bit here in Iowa. Coming down pretty hard right now. should be good to go for several days afterward. the forecast looks plenty cold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Actual snow coming tomorrow night-izzys-birthdayfirst-snow12-024.jpg  

Salsa Mukluk 3
    Aug 2011
    Not a lot of snow, but at least there were some small drifts to play in. Probably had 30 MPH crosswinds, windchill was a killer.

I wonder why I was the only person out there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    We got 3"-4" inches of snow here in southern Minnesota, which made everything just messy enough that I had a ton of fun on my short commute on my Mukluk. The bike did really well. If anything, I wished the roads had been even sloppier. I love the way a fatbike turns any old ride into an adventure.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Say, wrkgstiff.. I see you got a little snow.

mtbr member
    apparently 14 inches in madison today, lots of blowing and drifting tonight.

Didn't get much chance to ride today as I was spendig most of the day shoveling, re-shoveling and then shoveling the driveway 4 more times, but I did get a couple quick rides to the post office and the corner store. Yay winter!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpo33 View Post
    Say, wrkgstiff.. I see you got a little snow.
    Sure did. Not the 8-12" the weather was stating, but there's some by garmish! Going to ride this weekend. Temperature's dropping so the snow will stay. We might even get some snow around Christmas day too!
    Steel Fatback

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I am jealous! I am in West Michigan - we usually get dumped on with lake effect. The whole week they have been predicting we were going to get hit pretty hard and have snow on the ground for Christmas (or at least this weekend) but now they are saying we might get an inch of snow - bringing our total accumulation for the season to about 1.5 inches - not kidding.... and the next few days are supposed to be sunny and mid to high 30's... BUMMIN!!!!!

Chronic Underachiever
    Quote Originally Posted by buckfiddious View Post
    apparently 14 inches in madison today, lots of blowing and drifting tonight.

Didn't get much chance to ride today as I was spendig most of the day shoveling, re-shoveling and then shoveling the driveway 4 more times, but I did get a couple quick rides to the post office and the corner store. Yay winter!
    Guess we got our wish though, eh? My commute lasted a lot longer than usual today...here we are at Mineral Point Park, which is normally a paved trail:

The Push

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Southern-Minnesota Riding

This week's snow in Southern Minnesota has compacted a bit, making for some fun riding in 3"-4" on the local golf course/fatbike park. My tracks were less numerous but wider than those of the rabbits, squirrels, and deer. I worked pretty hard to get an hour in and had a complete blast.

@trailgrinder
    All of our trails around here get. Closed? Are you guys mainly riding fire roads and stuff? What's the limit snowfall you can ride in. I know is hard enough to get around with snowshoes when it's a good snowfall year.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Huh? U have a locL golf course that allows fatbiking during the winter season?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2