Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well after the mountain of information I got from this thread and what I heard from Specialized today I went to my dealer today, got my money back for my Fatboy. While I probably shouldn't added to my signature, I was really excited by that bike. I've been buying from this dealer for a really long time, and this is the first time I've gone with someone else.

mtbr member
    Welcome to the 9:Zero:7 world!

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    Welcome to the 9:Zero:7 world!
    Yup good bikes, even had one once.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    Well after the mountain of information I got from this thread and what I heard from Specialized today I went to my dealer today, got my money back for my Fatboy. While I probably shouldn't added to my signature, I was really excited by that bike. I've been buying from this dealer for a really long time, and this is the first time I've gone with someone else.
    What did you hear today that made you change your mind?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It's been delayed again. They are expecting bikes at the warehouse around mid-December figure another week with that and it's Christmas or later if things slip again, Since this is the 2nd or 3rd delay, I'm not really confident of their ETA.
    The other store said I was the fifth person to cancel with the other store and pick up a 9:zero:7.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The bulk of the responses here make us fat bike riders look like prissy jerks...if someone would like to actually be of use, simply respond with something the original inquirer asked about...I've ridden both and many others...and YES, I am fine waiting for my Fatboy on order while 907 riders brag about already having a fattie! I'm happy for you 907 riders that you like your ride...why diss those of us who like the Fatboy more? You make all of us look stupid dudes!...hey, go have fun, but stop wasting out time by being little whiny babies about who rides what...jeesuz...get a life!
    hellboy

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wimeli@hotmail.com View Post
    The bulk of the responses here make us fat bike riders look like prissy jerks...if someone would like to actually be of use, simply respond with something the original inquirer asked about...I've ridden both and many others...and YES, I am fine waiting for my Fatboy on order while 907 riders brag about already having a fattie! I'm happy for you 907 riders that you like your ride...why diss those of us who like the Fatboy more? You make all of us look stupid dudes!...hey, go have fun, but stop wasting out time by being little whiny babies about who rides what...jeesuz...get a life!
    Lol, Well I should have posted an update to this. My Fatboy ended up shipping the day after I cancelled my order. Actually on the way to the LBS that I was going to buy my 907 called and said my Fatboy would arrive the following week. I think the Fatboy handles ok in the snow. I do think the 907 with the slopped top tube has additional benefits for the male biker. However if your going to crack'em, 1cm isn't going to save them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Speaking of getting a life, this was a half year old post. When the question was asked pretty much no one had ridden a Fatboy. It seems a little harsh to criticize people for saying get the 907 instead of waiting an unknown amount of time for an unknown bike. As it turned out it worked out for thr OP, but with only numbers on paper to go off of it was a risk opting for the Fatboy. In your case it sounds like you could test ride the Fatboy and compare it to other bikes. That worked out well for you but was not an option back in November. It's also good that you are patiant and willing to wait for the bike you know you want. The OP was not so sure and asked if he should wait or go with something else, people answered that question. Why is that wrong? Granted not all his later questions were answered but I suspect people thought of them as secondary to the wait or not question.
    Latitude 61

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    Speaking of getting a life, this was a half year old post. When the question was asked pretty much no one had ridden a Fatboy. It seems a little harsh to criticize people for saying get the 907 instead of waiting an unknown amount of time for an unknown bike. As it turned out it worked out for thr OP, but with only numbers on paper to go off of it was a risk opting for the Fatboy. In your case it sounds like you could test ride the Fatboy and compare it to other bikes. That worked out well for you but was not an option back in November. It's also good that you are patiant and willing to wait for the bike you know you want. The OP was not so sure and asked if he should wait or go with something else, people answered that question. Why is that wrong? Granted not all his later questions were answered but I suspect people thought of them as secondary to the wait or not question.
    Sryanak, you are being to nice in your reponse.

Wimeli@hotmail.com, yes, YOU ARE a prissy jerk. Perhaps you just shut up and ride your bike. Go out and have fun, and stop being a whiney baby. Get a life. And if you want to really get into it, then just respond back. STFU! You are making all fat bikers look as stupid as you are.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Pot, meet kettle.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Sryanak, you are being to nice in your reponse.

Wimeli@hotmail.com, yes, YOU ARE a prissy jerk. Perhaps you just shut up and ride your bike. Go out and have fun, and stop being a whiney baby. Get a life. And if you want to really get into it, then just respond back. STFU! You are making all fat bikers look as stupid as you are.
    Um...I think you forgot to say nana-nanana? So sorry I made it impossible for you to avoid telling someone to shut up...too bad you can't re-read my original post and see that it was in response to the litany of folks like you who feel compelled to piss on others...the guy/girl who asked the original question didn't ask to be ridiculed by folks like you...there was a sincere question that, like you apparently, ended up getting a bunch of folks inspired to lecture him/her about his/her attitude towards an important purchase without any real help attached. Sadly, many respondents took the opportunity to act like jerks...sorry you mistake me for one of them. I was addressing the contrast between the original post and the tone of many of the responses...you want me to apologize for caring? You even managed to insult the guy you complimented for being "too nice". If that doesn't speak volumes for how you approach others, there's nothing you'll want to hear from me...Ok, so, as you said, I "really got into it"...It's totally up to you if you want to waste anymore of your time....for both out sakes, I hope not!! Cheers!
    hellboy

sluice box
    Oct 2013
    Hi I'm just here to waste time in this very informative time wasting thread.
    Things that I learned;
    1. Donít put a bike you don't own in your signature line.
    2. You can waste time on the internet.
    3. Some people use their email as their username/handle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer29er View Post
    Lol, Well I should have posted an update to this. My Fatboy ended up shipping the day after I cancelled my order. Actually on the way to the LBS that I was going to buy my 907 called and said my Fatboy would arrive the following week. I think the Fatboy handles ok in the snow. I do think the 907 with the slopped top tube has additional benefits for the male biker. However if your going to crack'em, 1cm isn't going to save them.
    I've "cracked'em" on my Beargrease (AL) top tube a couple times when stepping down on the snow... foot sank... bike didn't.

That sloped 907 top tube just might protect your ability to reproduce!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2