Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 9:zero:7 Love

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    Really!? I'm just about 5'11" and i ride a medium. I could very well look funny though.
    Yeah... He's a big, burly kid. Has about a foot of seatpost showing. He rides my dad's Large and looks right at home on it. Before I know it, he'll be eyein' up my XL.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    9:zero:7 Love-20180225_164258.jpg

Thingamejigger
    After about 5 years of owning a fatbike, and me spending half of that living in the southern part of the UK where it never snows, 'the Beast from the East' storm front arrived and deposited a little snow in North Yorkshire. I got home from work yesterday, geared up and headed out!

Only did 5 miles in a few inches of snow, but it made my day!

9:zero:7 Love-39864463104_e658989dd3_c.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-40532563192_1beb338aeb_c.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-26703373208_d620b5bb29_c.jpg

mtbr member
    Sweet pics folks!

All the snow and base we had melted and the ground is all warmed up now. Just got about a foot of wet snow yesterday here in upstate NY and hope to get out in it tomorrow!
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

turtles make me hot
    9:zero:7 Love-img_1751.jpg9:zero:7 Love-img_1750.jpg

So my son's Large build begins. Got the purple frame powdercoated.
    He picked the color. Looks very first gen Krampus.
    It will get My Other Brother Darryls, Hope rear hub, BHS front, the 2x10 drivetrain off his current bike and probably his Salsa Bend2 Bars from his current bike. Haven't settled on tires yet. Maybe Ednas.
    I like turtles

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    NYrr, that's looking awesome.

Hey, Dad!! When ya gonna build one for me??

I was going to send my '14 down to Spectrum and have em do it up in a similar color with the 9:Zero:7 in a slightly darker green so it's there but muted and without the Walmart signature white band. Still might do it to make it bitchen lookin!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

turtles make me hot
    My son wants the 907 and snowflake done in orange and orange ano bits throughout the build. I guess it'll look ok. I wanted to do everything green.

I have to have mine re done after getting it welded so maybe I'll just do it to mine.
    I like turtles

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I can see being on the fence on the orange accents. Muted snowflake to match the 9:Zero:7 on the down tube was part of my color scheme using the same snowflake that was on the '14. Orange accents would be damn nice looking too.

I still need to find a long A/C fork to get the BB outta the dirt on my '14.

How is yours holding up post repair?
    Doctor recommended...

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post

Surprisingly well.

What's the A-C on the fork you have now? What's the A-C on a Surly Ice Cream truck fork?
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    I can see being on the fence on the orange accents. Muted snowflake to match the 9:Zero:7 on the down tube was part of my color scheme using the same snowflake that was on the '14. Orange accents would be damn nice looking too.

I still need to find a long A/C fork to get the BB outta the dirt on my '14.

I think you'd be just fine w a 483mm A to C as came on my '15 Whiteout.

ICT is 483

I get pedal strikes but not enough to bother me. I ride in some pretty rocky and rooty terrain here in the East with plenty of off camber and tecnical terrain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1186356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1750.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	1186357

So my son's Large build begins. Got the purple frame powdercoated.
    He picked the color. Looks very first gen Krampus.
    It will get My Other Brother Darryls, Hope rear hub, BHS front, the 2x10 drivetrain off his current bike and probably his Salsa Bend2 Bars from his current bike. Haven't settled on tires yet. Maybe Ednas.
    That Emerald green looks great!

I do like the snowflake logo they had before.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I think you'd be just fine w a 483mm A to C as came on my '15 Whiteout.

ICT is 483

I get pedal strikes but not enough to bother me. I ride in some pretty rocky and rooty terrain here in the East with plenty of off camber and tecnical terrain.
    The stock fork is 475mm and the bike is a nightmare on anything but a perfectly graded surface. 490 might get it up there where it belongs.
    The pedal strike factory this thing has been released the fury cause I am furious with the design being as poor as it was for 2014. A fatbike is an out and out rock crawler, simple as that. So using a Los Angeles lowrider for Jeepin is just outta the question.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    The stock fork is 475mm and the bike is a nightmare on anything but a perfectly graded surface. 490 might get it up there where it belongs.
    The pedal strike factory this thing has been released the fury cause I am furious with the design being as poor as it was for 2014. A fatbike is an out and out rock crawler, simple as that. So using a Los Angeles lowrider for Jeepin is just outta the question.
    The stock fork that came on the bike was in error (too short) though, right? They did not send a replacement fork? I thought that was the just of the story after you spoke w 907 about it.

Totally agree a fat bike should be akin w a rock crawler!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    The response was a steeply discounted fork. I held off as I think the length would be more of a bandaid than a fix. The other consideration is head angle being thrown out far enough to affect caster angle negatively. Nothing against 907, cause I believe they were doing what so many did in that time frame in terms of geometry etc. and overthinking the accessibility when deep snow is involved. The majority ride groomed which is like dirt with a powdery surface often times. This thinking made it like I would hafta call AAA to get my fvcking bike offa the speed bump in the parking lot in front of the local package store!

Funny responses I've had in the past regarding this is to pedal kick, OK, fine! I'll just ride my Red Sky to the package store is my response to those peeps.

Here's the package store bike...
    9:zero:7 Love-image.jpg
    Kinda sux for snomobiking tho!!
    Doctor recommended...

turtles make me hot
    Wait... Were all of the 2014 bikes like this??
    I like turtles

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    NYrr, the best part is I don't hafta worry about seat comfort...
    Doctor recommended...

turtles make me hot
    NYrr, the best part is I don't hafta worry about seat comfort...
    No... The 907.
    I like turtles

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    I'm assuming that they were if they were early 14's. Fork length was too short and frame geometry was designed around that A/C. Can only imagine how much a 500mm fork would affect caster.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Brainard Lake, CO

East Side of Lake
    9:zero:7 Love-img_3126.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-img_3122.jpg

West Side of Lake, making tracks.
    9:zero:7 Love-img_3134.jpg

turtles make me hot
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently? My buddy just tried to buy a 500 dollar large purple frame and they'll only put it in the cart with a Bluto which ups the price to 900 dollars. I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    They usually got back to me the same day in the past.
    I like turtles

Thingamejigger
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently...... I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    Their Website is also a bit on the light side, no Carbon frames which is limiting their audience and still have the 'Happy New Year' message up??

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    In an earlier post it was stated they were moving to a new shop. He also said they weren't getting anymore frames/bikes this year. I emailed them about 1.5 months ago and they replied pretty quick. Maybe they were moving or on vacation?

mtbr member
    ^^^
    Yeah, you folks read my mind. Maybe they are still dealing w the move? No more frames?!

On the 907 site there is no mention of aluminum Whiteouts anymore. Will they be discontinued??

The details on the 907 site regarding fork offset, (amongst other things) for the Aluminum Tundra and the carbon Whiteout are lacking.

My 2015 Al Whiteout has a 69* HT and a 51mm offset. Anyone know the fork offset on the Aluminum Tundra? Apparently the offset on the carbon Tundra is 48mm. Wonder if it's 51 or 48 or what on the aluminum Tundra?

Also, why does the carbon version Whiteout go w a 70* HT? Is the carbon fork offset 45*?? A carbon whiteout like mine would be a nice update, no?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat&SkinnyCO View Post
    East Side of Lake

Name:	IMG_3126.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	1188294

Name:	IMG_3122.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	1188296

West Side of Lake, making tracks.

Name:	IMG_3134.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	1188295
    Beauty day for a ride BTW!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently? My buddy just tried to buy a 500 dollar large purple frame and they'll only put it in the cart with a Bluto which ups the price to 900 dollars. I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    You tried calling the shop? I've seen Amber, Jamie's wife, twice last week, but haven't seen Jamie in a couple weeks.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

turtles make me hot
    I've been calling and e mailing. No replies.

I'm kicking myself a little for not taking the deal he offered me when I cracked my frame. The welded one is holding up but for how long?
    I like turtles

Elitest thrill junkie

I'm kicking myself a little for not taking the deal he offered me when I cracked my frame. The welded one is holding up but for how long?
    It looks like you tried to order the purple close-out frame, the only place I found that was on fatbikes.com, which is the old website. The address listed on it was for the old location. This website appears to be much newer: https://www.907bikes.com/ and may have up-to-date contact information. The guys at 907 have been posting frequently on their facebook, so I know they are home. I have to wonder if the contact information on that old site is wrong now.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It looks like you tried to order the purple close-out frame, the only place I found that was on fatbikes.com, which is the old website. The address listed on it was for the old location. This website appears to be much newer: https://www.907bikes.com/ and may have up-to-date contact information. The guys at 907 have been posting frequently on their facebook, so I know they are home. I have to wonder if the contact information on that old site is wrong now.
    Thanks.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    ^^^
    Yeah, you folks read my mind. Maybe they are still dealing w the move? No more frames?!

On the 907 site there is no mention of aluminum Whiteouts anymore. Will they be discontinued??

The details on the 907 site regarding fork offset, (amongst other things) for the Aluminum Tundra and the carbon Whiteout are lacking.

My 2015 Al Whiteout has a 69* HT and a 51mm offset. Anyone know the fork offset on the Aluminum Tundra? Apparently the offset on the carbon Tundra is 48mm. Wonder if it's 51 or 48 or what on the aluminum Tundra?

Also, why does the carbon version Whiteout go w a 70* HT? Is the carbon fork offset 45*?? A carbon whiteout like mine would be a nice update, no?
    Look at posts 767 and 771 in this thread for info. No more whiteouts in aluminum or carbon.

Must be carbon lynx and aluminum tundra going forward.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Look at posts 767 and 771 in this thread for info. No more whiteouts in aluminum or carbon.

Must be carbon lynx and aluminum tundra going forward.
    I thought he meant no more Whiteouts this season! Maybe he means no more Whiteouts, at all!
    NOooooo!

Oh well, I look forward to the new designs, though i have learned to appreciate the benefits of the long stays on the Whiteout.

I still would like to know the fork offset details on the carbon Whiteout and Aluminum Tundra.

mtbr member

I've been calling too. No one ever picks up. Must be old number as Jayhem suggests.

I feel your pain.
    The Whiteout will surely be missed!
    Good luck w yours.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I've been calling too. No one ever picks up. Must be old number as Jayhem suggests.

I feel your pain.
    The Whiteout will surely be missed!
    Good luck w yours.
    The shop is called Chain Reaction Cycles, so try the google map too.

turtles make me hot
    I called the number yesterday that's attached to the 907bikes.com website and got a different message than I've been hearing. See what happens.

BTW, the ad that pops up when you go into the fat bike threads is the old one so why wouldn't you think that was the one?
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    My 9zero7 from UAE 9:zero:7 Love-img-20180421-wa0001.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I called the number yesterday that's attached to the 907bikes.com website and got a different message than I've been hearing. See what happens.

BTW, the ad that pops up when you go into the fat bike threads is the old one so why wouldn't you think that was the one?
    Any updates on the status of 9:zero:7? Nothing happening on Fatbike.comís website.

turtles make me hot
    I know one of my friends contacted them and bought a large purple frame with a purple fork. Not a Bluto. He had to get them on the phone to make that happen.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2025.jpg
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2026.jpg

Little teaser of my son's new Large. Wrapped up his 29+ wheels last night. Just waiting on the brake rotors and adapters. Bike should be ready for the weekend.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2042.jpg9:zero:7 Love-img_2043.jpg

Finished the bike yesterday. Started building it in the morning and realized the headset was nowhere to be found. Went and got another one.
    Then, put the 203mm front rotor on only to discover the caliper spacer I got for it didn't work. Back to 180 for now. Other than that, the bike is awesome. He loves it.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2046.jpg

And how can I forget the Jeff Lebowski stem cap? His favorite part of the bike.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just got my second 9zero7, the first one was a 190mm that i paid close to retail (never in 75 bikes) but sincerely I got kind of piss with the poor 4" tire clearance, well a friend give me his brand new "Purple" one, but i'm having a hard time finding the 197mm rear axle..
    9:zero:7 Love-wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg
    I call them, "sorry we don't any" where else can I look for one..??

Okay call me crazy but I want to keep my XTR dual control 9 speeds levers, i just love the action with thick gloves, but run a taller cassette (high end shimano if possible (I have a bunch of XT;s), even if I only use NINE gears..

How can I do it, the wooftooth gizmo, or the English gizmo that works just the same like a "Travel agent"...??
    9:zero:7 Love-tanpan_part_identification_inline_1024x1024.jpg

A extra tall last cog from the aftermarket..??

yes I'm stubborn..

Thanks for the leads..

turtles make me hot
    Check Paragon Machine Works and Paul's Components for axles.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Check Paragon Machine Works and Paul's Components for axles.
    Great, thanks you, I work with Paragon before...

NOTE: Thanks to you I found the Mother load

One last thing, I rudimentary measure and the pitch looks like 1.0 is that the case

12mm by 1.0...??

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post

One last thing, I rudimentary measure and the pitch looks like 1.0 is that the case

12mm by 1.0...??

I can check it tomorrow. Don't know off the top of my head.
    I like turtles

hopeless moron
    Reborn into slack-front-ended 120mm-squish air bombing singletrack attack machine (lived the past two point five years as a fully-rigid Cat1 XC singlespeed racer) with a 1x10 gearing setup. Bike is completely transformed! Rider is enjoying!!!
    9:zero:7 Love-img_7134.jpg
    9:zero:7 Love-img_7138.jpg
    9:zero:7 Love-img_7139.jpg
    9:zero:7 Love-img_7145.jpg
    one by nine works just fine but single speed is all ya need
    BTW, itís called ďsarcasmĒ; youíre soaking in it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Logantri View Post
    Attachment 1068422

Turned my winter Carbon Whiteout into my summer Carbon 'Hit It'. This thing shreds on the dirt.
    Where did you get those big old stickers...??

I want some..

turtles make me hot
    That thing looks sick, Dude.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just wondering, I saw a few broken. damage frames on this posting, anybody has a 197 rear triangle from a broken frame...??

Any size will be fine..

Thingamejigger
    Far too long since a post on this thread....

Been 3 years since I got this bike and decided it was time for a refresh of a few bits.... this bike is nice, but I always felt it could have had a better wheelset. I took a wheel building course to help me remedy this, and during it, I built a set of nice wheels (BR710 rims, Sapim D-Light Spokes, Sapim Polyax nipples, DTSwiss 350 rear and Hope Pro 4 front hubs).

I fitted the standard DT Swiss rim strip after trimming 5mm off each side, then a layer of Sun Ringle 80mm tubeless tape, finally a wrap of 27mm tape on either bead, to ensure everything is sealed nicely. Fitted some orange valve stems and mounted my summer Jumbo Jims.

I also fitted new XT rotors to the hubs, a centre lock rear and 6 bolt up front, taking the opportunity to increase the rear to 180mm in the process.

9:zero:7 Love-30015105088_b622941b29_c.jpg

I noted that the chain was worn to 0.5% so replaced the sram XX1 chain for a KMC 11EL, after fitting due to the front chainring being worn to that chain, it was noisey as anything. Wolftooth 28t oval was ordered and fitted.

9:zero:7 Love-30015104188_87b669e0cd_c.jpg

Finally, I took this time to bleed the brakes, amazing the colour of the old mineral oil that comes out..... now we are done and off to the races, with a planned trip to the motherland; the east coast of Scotland!

9:zero:7 Love-43884823821_1f689e97cf_c.jpg
    Last edited by Flying_Scotsman; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:18 AM.

turtles make me hot
    Cool! Nice going building your own wheels.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    does anybody want/need a medium purple aluminum whiteout f&f thats been sanded in a few spots?? I'm taking mine apart this week. Comes with x9 crankset. No I will not separate them.
    Yours for the price of shipping, conus.

turtles make me hot
    Really? How much to ship it to Long Island?
    I like turtles

Thingamejigger
    Although no 9:zero:7 is in shot, I was straddling one when I took this.

Got out for a ride at the weekend in Scotland; surprisingly, shortly after this was taken, we got a little damp.... reached into my pack for Gore jacket, shorts and helmet comer, to remember I had left the shorts and helmet cover behind at home. First time in a long time we have abandoned a ride!

9:zero:7 Love-42515217290_7d478f196e_c.jpg

mtbr member
    Really? How much to ship it to Long Island?
    Not sure. I can let you know when itís apart if you want. Iím guessing $40-50 because of the size, but who knows.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Not sure. I can let you know when itís apart if you want. Iím guessing $40-50 because of the size, but who knows.
    Man, I'd be all over that. Wanting to put a bike together to get a friend into winterbiking...

turtles make me hot
    Chipper, say when.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Chipper, say when.
    you've got first crack. I'll pm you when I disassemble it and figure it out.

turtles make me hot
    Thanks Dude.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hi folks,

can anyone say me where I can purchase the "9:ZERO:7" sticker? This would be great!

Thingamejigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Hi folks,

can anyone say me where I can purchase the "9:ZERO:7" sticker? This would be great!
    You could give these guys a try... Fatbikes.com home of the 9:ZERO:7 fat bike and fat bike accessories

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Thanks. Already been on this site but found nothing. I've written them an email. I'll see...

Thingamejigger

Scottish Sunset

Two rides in Scotland inside a week!

Glorious day, wall to wall sunshine! A simple 18 mile loop, that took us waaaay to long due to, too much chatting!

9:zero:7 Love-30575184058_586ea3efc6_c.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-30575184248_1971a076a4_c.jpg

Table for dinner with a view.... Treasure Island in the background

9:zero:7 Love-30575182928_13360ab153_c.jpg

Another friend joined us to enjoy the sunset...

9:zero:7 Love-30575183738_eac08b1904_c.jpg

Glorious colours followed...

9:zero:7 Love-30575184338_d1c9a2b9db_c.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-30575178058_45dbaf5d98_c.jpg

9:zero:7 Love-43535120495_3ea378258d_c.jpg

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Scotsman View Post
    I had the ones on the green bike above made by a vinyl shop. We picked an image off an internet image and he loaded it into the vinyl cutting software and it spits out 9 Zero 7 labels in any size or color I need for about 16 bucks apiece, snowflake included.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    Wow, man. ^^^^ Very beautiful.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I had the ones on the green bike above made by a vinyl shop. We picked an image off an internet image and he loaded it into the vinyl cutting software and it spits out 9 Zero 7 labels in any size or color I need for about 16 bucks apiece, snowflake included.
    Ah, okay. Could you look for this photo and maybe send to me?

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Ah, okay. Could you look for this photo and maybe send to me?

9:zero:7 Love-907-190mm-frame-black.jpg

I believe it was this one. He zoomed in on the 9 ZERO 7, cleaned it up with his software and dialed in to the size I specified.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Danke, Junge!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789