Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 801 to 837 of 837

Thread: 9:zero:7 Love

  1. #801
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    Really!? I'm just about 5'11" and i ride a medium. I could very well look funny though.
    Yeah... He's a big, burly kid. Has about a foot of seatpost showing. He rides my dad's Large and looks right at home on it. Before I know it, he'll be eyein' up my XL.
    I like turtles

  2. #802
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,107
    9:zero:7 Love-20180225_164258.jpg

  3. #803
    Thingamejigger
    Reputation: Flying_Scotsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    977
    After about 5 years of owning a fatbike, and me spending half of that living in the southern part of the UK where it never snows, 'the Beast from the East' storm front arrived and deposited a little snow in North Yorkshire. I got home from work yesterday, geared up and headed out!

    Only did 5 miles in a few inches of snow, but it made my day!

    9:zero:7 Love-39864463104_e658989dd3_c.jpg

    9:zero:7 Love-40532563192_1beb338aeb_c.jpg

    9:zero:7 Love-26703373208_d620b5bb29_c.jpg

  4. #804
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Sweet pics folks!

    All the snow and base we had melted and the ground is all warmed up now. Just got about a foot of wet snow yesterday here in upstate NY and hope to get out in it tomorrow!
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  5. #805
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    9:zero:7 Love-img_1751.jpg9:zero:7 Love-img_1750.jpg

    So my son's Large build begins. Got the purple frame powdercoated.
    He picked the color. Looks very first gen Krampus.
    It will get My Other Brother Darryls, Hope rear hub, BHS front, the 2x10 drivetrain off his current bike and probably his Salsa Bend2 Bars from his current bike. Haven't settled on tires yet. Maybe Ednas.
    I like turtles

  6. #806
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    NYrr, that's looking awesome.

    Hey, Dad!! When ya gonna build one for me??

    I was going to send my '14 down to Spectrum and have em do it up in a similar color with the 9:Zero:7 in a slightly darker green so it's there but muted and without the Walmart signature white band. Still might do it to make it bitchen lookin!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  7. #807
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    My son wants the 907 and snowflake done in orange and orange ano bits throughout the build. I guess it'll look ok. I wanted to do everything green.

    I have to have mine re done after getting it welded so maybe I'll just do it to mine.
    I like turtles

  8. #808
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    I can see being on the fence on the orange accents. Muted snowflake to match the 9:Zero:7 on the down tube was part of my color scheme using the same snowflake that was on the '14. Orange accents would be damn nice looking too.

    I still need to find a long A/C fork to get the BB outta the dirt on my '14.

    How is yours holding up post repair?
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  9. #809
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post

    How is yours holding up post repair?

    Surprisingly well.

    What's the A-C on the fork you have now? What's the A-C on a Surly Ice Cream truck fork?
    I like turtles

  10. #810
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    I can see being on the fence on the orange accents. Muted snowflake to match the 9:Zero:7 on the down tube was part of my color scheme using the same snowflake that was on the '14. Orange accents would be damn nice looking too.

    I still need to find a long A/C fork to get the BB outta the dirt on my '14.

    How is yours holding up post repair?
    I think you'd be just fine w a 483mm A to C as came on my '15 Whiteout.

    ICT is 483

    I get pedal strikes but not enough to bother me. I ride in some pretty rocky and rooty terrain here in the East with plenty of off camber and tecnical terrain.
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  11. #811
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1186356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1750.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	1186357

    So my son's Large build begins. Got the purple frame powdercoated.
    He picked the color. Looks very first gen Krampus.
    It will get My Other Brother Darryls, Hope rear hub, BHS front, the 2x10 drivetrain off his current bike and probably his Salsa Bend2 Bars from his current bike. Haven't settled on tires yet. Maybe Ednas.
    That Emerald green looks great!

    I do like the snowflake logo they had before.
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  12. #812
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    I think you'd be just fine w a 483mm A to C as came on my '15 Whiteout.

    ICT is 483

    I get pedal strikes but not enough to bother me. I ride in some pretty rocky and rooty terrain here in the East with plenty of off camber and tecnical terrain.
    The stock fork is 475mm and the bike is a nightmare on anything but a perfectly graded surface. 490 might get it up there where it belongs.
    The pedal strike factory this thing has been released the fury cause I am furious with the design being as poor as it was for 2014. A fatbike is an out and out rock crawler, simple as that. So using a Los Angeles lowrider for Jeepin is just outta the question.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  13. #813
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    The stock fork is 475mm and the bike is a nightmare on anything but a perfectly graded surface. 490 might get it up there where it belongs.
    The pedal strike factory this thing has been released the fury cause I am furious with the design being as poor as it was for 2014. A fatbike is an out and out rock crawler, simple as that. So using a Los Angeles lowrider for Jeepin is just outta the question.
    The stock fork that came on the bike was in error (too short) though, right? They did not send a replacement fork? I thought that was the just of the story after you spoke w 907 about it.

    Totally agree a fat bike should be akin w a rock crawler!
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  14. #814
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    The response was a steeply discounted fork. I held off as I think the length would be more of a bandaid than a fix. The other consideration is head angle being thrown out far enough to affect caster angle negatively. Nothing against 907, cause I believe they were doing what so many did in that time frame in terms of geometry etc. and overthinking the accessibility when deep snow is involved. The majority ride groomed which is like dirt with a powdery surface often times. This thinking made it like I would hafta call AAA to get my fvcking bike offa the speed bump in the parking lot in front of the local package store!

    Funny responses I've had in the past regarding this is to pedal kick, OK, fine! I'll just ride my Red Sky to the package store is my response to those peeps.

    Here's the package store bike...
    9:zero:7 Love-image.jpg
    Kinda sux for snomobiking tho!!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  15. #815
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Wait... Were all of the 2014 bikes like this??
    I like turtles

  16. #816
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    NYrr, the best part is I don't hafta worry about seat comfort...
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  17. #817
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    NYrr, the best part is I don't hafta worry about seat comfort...
    No... The 907.
    I like turtles

  18. #818
    Rippin da fAt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    I'm assuming that they were if they were early 14's. Fork length was too short and frame geometry was designed around that A/C. Can only imagine how much a 500mm fork would affect caster.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

  19. #819
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61

    Brainard Lake, CO

    East Side of Lake
    9:zero:7 Love-img_3126.jpg

    9:zero:7 Love-img_3122.jpg

    West Side of Lake, making tracks.
    9:zero:7 Love-img_3134.jpg

  20. #820
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently? My buddy just tried to buy a 500 dollar large purple frame and they'll only put it in the cart with a Bluto which ups the price to 900 dollars. I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    They usually got back to me the same day in the past.
    I like turtles

  21. #821
    Thingamejigger
    Reputation: Flying_Scotsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently...... I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    They usually got back to me the same day in the past.
    Their Website is also a bit on the light side, no Carbon frames which is limiting their audience and still have the 'Happy New Year' message up??

  22. #822
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    131
    In an earlier post it was stated they were moving to a new shop. He also said they weren't getting anymore frames/bikes this year. I emailed them about 1.5 months ago and they replied pretty quick. Maybe they were moving or on vacation?

  23. #823
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    ^^^
    Yeah, you folks read my mind. Maybe they are still dealing w the move? No more frames?!

    On the 907 site there is no mention of aluminum Whiteouts anymore. Will they be discontinued??

    The details on the 907 site regarding fork offset, (amongst other things) for the Aluminum Tundra and the carbon Whiteout are lacking.

    My 2015 Al Whiteout has a 69* HT and a 51mm offset. Anyone know the fork offset on the Aluminum Tundra? Apparently the offset on the carbon Tundra is 48mm. Wonder if it's 51 or 48 or what on the aluminum Tundra?

    Also, why does the carbon version Whiteout go w a 70* HT? Is the carbon fork offset 45*?? A carbon whiteout like mine would be a nice update, no?
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  24. #824
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat&SkinnyCO View Post
    East Side of Lake
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	1188294

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3122.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	1188296

    West Side of Lake, making tracks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3134.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	1188295
    Beauty day for a ride BTW!
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  25. #825
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Hey, Has anyone spoken to or bought anything from 907 recently? My buddy just tried to buy a 500 dollar large purple frame and they'll only put it in the cart with a Bluto which ups the price to 900 dollars. I tried to call them and email them last week and got no answer.
    They usually got back to me the same day in the past.
    You tried calling the shop? I've seen Amber, Jamie's wife, twice last week, but haven't seen Jamie in a couple weeks.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  26. #826
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    I've been calling and e mailing. No replies.

    I'm kicking myself a little for not taking the deal he offered me when I cracked my frame. The welded one is holding up but for how long?
    I like turtles

  27. #827
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I've been calling and e mailing. No replies.

    I'm kicking myself a little for not taking the deal he offered me when I cracked my frame. The welded one is holding up but for how long?
    It looks like you tried to order the purple close-out frame, the only place I found that was on fatbikes.com, which is the old website. The address listed on it was for the old location. This website appears to be much newer: https://www.907bikes.com/ and may have up-to-date contact information. The guys at 907 have been posting frequently on their facebook, so I know they are home. I have to wonder if the contact information on that old site is wrong now.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  28. #828
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It looks like you tried to order the purple close-out frame, the only place I found that was on fatbikes.com, which is the old website. The address listed on it was for the old location. This website appears to be much newer: https://www.907bikes.com/ and may have up-to-date contact information. The guys at 907 have been posting frequently on their facebook, so I know they are home. I have to wonder if the contact information on that old site is wrong now.
    Thanks.
    I like turtles

  29. #829
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    ^^^
    Yeah, you folks read my mind. Maybe they are still dealing w the move? No more frames?!

    On the 907 site there is no mention of aluminum Whiteouts anymore. Will they be discontinued??

    The details on the 907 site regarding fork offset, (amongst other things) for the Aluminum Tundra and the carbon Whiteout are lacking.

    My 2015 Al Whiteout has a 69* HT and a 51mm offset. Anyone know the fork offset on the Aluminum Tundra? Apparently the offset on the carbon Tundra is 48mm. Wonder if it's 51 or 48 or what on the aluminum Tundra?

    Also, why does the carbon version Whiteout go w a 70* HT? Is the carbon fork offset 45*?? A carbon whiteout like mine would be a nice update, no?
    Look at posts 767 and 771 in this thread for info. No more whiteouts in aluminum or carbon.

    Must be carbon lynx and aluminum tundra going forward.

  30. #830
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Look at posts 767 and 771 in this thread for info. No more whiteouts in aluminum or carbon.

    Must be carbon lynx and aluminum tundra going forward.
    I thought he meant no more Whiteouts this season! Maybe he means no more Whiteouts, at all!
    NOooooo!

    Oh well, I look forward to the new designs, though i have learned to appreciate the benefits of the long stays on the Whiteout.

    I still would like to know the fork offset details on the carbon Whiteout and Aluminum Tundra.
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  31. #831
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kirkerik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I've been calling and e mailing. No replies.

    I'm kicking myself a little for not taking the deal he offered me when I cracked my frame. The welded one is holding up but for how long?
    I've been calling too. No one ever picks up. Must be old number as Jayhem suggests.

    I feel your pain.
    The Whiteout will surely be missed!
    Good luck w yours.
    Studded Dillinger 4/5 For Sale

    The tires are the things on your bike that make contact w the trail

  32. #832
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkerik View Post
    I've been calling too. No one ever picks up. Must be old number as Jayhem suggests.

    I feel your pain.
    The Whiteout will surely be missed!
    Good luck w yours.
    The shop is called Chain Reaction Cycles, so try the google map too.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  33. #833
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    I called the number yesterday that's attached to the 907bikes.com website and got a different message than I've been hearing. See what happens.

    BTW, the ad that pops up when you go into the fat bike threads is the old one so why wouldn't you think that was the one?
    I like turtles

  34. #834
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    My 9zero7 from UAE 9:zero:7 Love-img-20180421-wa0001.jpg

  35. #835
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I called the number yesterday that's attached to the 907bikes.com website and got a different message than I've been hearing. See what happens.

    BTW, the ad that pops up when you go into the fat bike threads is the old one so why wouldn't you think that was the one?
    Any updates on the status of 9:zero:7? Nothing happening on Fatbike.com’s website.

  36. #836
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    I know one of my friends contacted them and bought a large purple frame with a purple fork. Not a Bluto. He had to get them on the phone to make that happen.
    I like turtles

  37. #837
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,420
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2025.jpg
    9:zero:7 Love-img_2026.jpg

    Little teaser of my son's new Large. Wrapped up his 29+ wheels last night. Just waiting on the brake rotors and adapters. Bike should be ready for the weekend.
    I like turtles

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 07:32 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 05:22 PM
  3. Do you love your Pivot 5.7? Do you love your Turner 5.Spot?
    By nando in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM

Members who have read this thread: 143

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.