Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

9:zero:7 2012 lust

88K views 399 replies 116 participants last post by  zombinate 
#1 ·
I am seriously considering pulling the plug on an orange 2012 9:zero:7 aluminum frame (135mm offset) in size large. Something about the shape of that frame is just damn sexy.

I have a 2009 Pugsley current built up, and now I am wondering how many of my parts will transfer over to the 135mm offset 9:zero:7 2012 frame. Obviously the seatpost is of a larger diameter than the Pugsley, what else will I have to change? I haven't really put much thought into forks yet, although I do have a spare non-offset 100mm-hub-ready Pugsley front fork (and spare 100mm non-offset front wheels, a couple of them), all I'd need to do would be to get it stripped and powdercoated in the same obnoxious orange colour.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Possible regrets? I love my Pugsley, honestly, the most fun bike I've ever known… but now I am lusting after those nice 9:zero:7 curves…

#7 ·
I transferred all my bits from the Pug to the 907 without problem.

Obviously the seatpost is different. I used a shim so I could use my existing set up.

Your bike has created quite a sensation on STW - brought out all the nasties. :)

#19 ·
I bought mine a couple days ago. An orange XL frame and a Salsa Enabler fork. I am in between sizes, 20" and 22" frame. I liked the fact the XL is a 21" frame. Once I saw them in person I was sold. Two more weeks I will buy the rest of the bike. I am fricken excited!

I will also add the crew at Chain Reaction are super helpful, Thanks Guys!

#28 ·
I'm falling for these bikes too. I decided I'm going to sell my Jabberwocky SS, Surly Long Haul Trucker, and my blinged out Pugs to get a red 907 with their Nome build kit. Once I get it and I'm going to take my XTR levers, thumbies, and Groovy bars off the pug and replace it with the stuff from the Nome build kit. Time to get posting on Craigslist!

#31 ·
I had been considering the orange anodised Fatback for a while, put a deposit in for a complete build one year ago… I had to pull out in April since things weren't happening (apparently not Greg's fault). The 9:zero:7 frames would look tits on a ritz anodised, I am already having thoughts of just getting a raw frame (if that's even possible) and sending it off to an anodising shop. Yeah, I know, I need to buy the frame first. :rolleyes: If not the anodised route, then the orange paint will have to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.