Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    is that paint or some sort of applique? Something you did yourself, or did you source it somewhere.
    Hydrographic dip process usually used for interior panels on automobiles and to camouflage hunting equipment.

It's a simple process that can be applied to very complex shapes. In a nutshell, the parts to be painted are primed with a base color, a film with chosen graphic is floated in a tank of water and sprayed with an activator, the part is dipped through the film which applies the design and then a few coats of automotive clear to protect the finish. Had it done by the fine folks at Black Ice Coatings in Spanish Fork, UT. Added only 20g to each rim. There are many options available - woodgrain, stone, camo, faux carbon fiber... you name it. I chose Mothwing Winter Mimicry camo over a white base given the intended use of this bike.
    Last edited by canardian; 06-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Bring this one up from a few pages back. Just bought a black large frame, so far I have hung the rd on it!

Still want a fat bike....
    Quote Originally Posted by Morej View Post
    My 2012 9:0:7 just got built. Weight is 29 lbs.
    You, Sir, have the bike I am pining for. Maybe not in black, but the fat bike with Black Floyds is my bike nirvana......
    I am a man of many words. KCCO!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Bring this one up from a few pages back. Just bought a black large frame, so far I have hung the rd on it!
    I've been pulling this thread up every little bit trying to plan my build. I have my drive train, breaks, Carver Carbon Fiber fork on the way, I'm using my existing seat/seat post, Bars, and bits off other bikes, and looking at getting Red 170mm 9:zero:7 frame next month, and building a set of wheels, undecided on them yet.

mtbr member
    no complaints running my Uma 70/HDu's around Anchorage all summer.
    9:zero:7 2012 lust-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smthgfshy View Post
    no complaints running my Uma 70/HDu's around Anchorage all summer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	1750 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	723421
    Nice bike, someone had mentioned the Uma 70's on another thread, they do look good with Husker Du's. How do you like the Carver fork? I have one coming for my build.

A Surly Maverick
    Love the polished 907 frame with silver rims
    A Fatback'd Lefty for who life IS a Beach

mtbr member
    Love the carver fork. nice and light and can't beat the price. the bike's a tad over 28lbs and feels quick and nimble.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Is the Carver pretty stiff? Do you know what size rotor it can handle?

mtbr member
    I am loving this thread, I'm so close to building my 9:zero:7, waiting on a few parts and time to build. I am concerned with the size frame I got. I stood over a 18" pug at the LBS, way too tall. ouch! I figured I'd order a 16" pug until I saw the 907, I was in heaven! I ordered a small because that's what I was told. I have a 29" inseam and about 5'9". The size chart says I should be a medium. Hmmm I hope it isn't too small. I have to ride a small (15.5") 29er because I don't have the standover on the medium frames. The medium 26" wheel fits me great, Same with road bike, I have to go with a 51cm frame because I cannot stand over the 54cm. I might be ok with the small, even though the stand over on these are so low! Thoughts?

Edit: after some measurements the ETT of my mountain bike is 570mm, the EFF of the small 907 is 583mm. I should be ok

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix View Post
    I am loving this thread, I'm so close to building my 9:zero:7, waiting on a few parts and time to build. I am concerned with the size frame I got. I stood over a 18" pug at the LBS, way too tall. ouch! I figured I'd order a 16" pug until I saw the 907, I was in heaven! I ordered a small because that's what I was told. I have a 29" inseam and about 5'9". The size chart says I should be a medium. Hmmm I hope it isn't too small. I have to ride a small (15.5") 29er because I don't have the standover on the medium frames. The medium 26" wheel fits me great, Same with road bike, I have to go with a 51cm frame because I cannot stand over the 54cm. I might be ok with the small, even though the stand over on these are so low! Thoughts?

Edit: after some measurements the ETT of my mountain bike is 570mm, the EFF of the small 907 is 583mm. I should be ok
    Yeah you should be OK I have a friend who is 5'10 or a touch more riding a Small 907 and he loves it.

mtbr member
    Thanks I got a little worried after reading some of the posts.......

mtbr member
    I'm Getting a small. At 5'7" on a tall day I could have gone with either small or medium but decided the extra stand over would be good in the snow.

mtbr member
    Although I don't have much to compare to, I'd say the carver fork is on the stiffer end of things yet able to dampen out vibrations nicely (a la carbon). I'd say some would be inclined to say soft, but I think the low tire pressures and wide footprint mask it's stiffness. I'm running at 30psi on hard gravel and dirt trails being pulled by a dog (15-25mph), hitting the local singletrack, and commuting to work with it. As I said it's quick and nimble, not soft and slushy. I don't anticipate the carbon will give any serious advantage over alum/steel when the snow flies, but I'll see....

mtbr member
    FWIW.......I'm 5'8" w/ a 30" inseam and got the medium. It fits perfectly....after dialing in the cockpit.

edit...oh yeah....Not sure what size rotor it can handle. I'm running a 185mm avid though.
    Last edited by smthgfshy; 09-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'7" and riding a Medium 2012 model. No way could I get comfy on a Small. In fact, the Medium even looks small in photos of me riding it - though it isn't.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I know I posted this in another thread but might as well add it here too...

Built more as a trail bike rather than a snow / sand bike. Weight is approx 12.5 kg. Waiting on an E-Thirteen crankset to complete it... the Middleburns will go back on my singlespeed.

Since I took this photo I've converted the front wheel setup to tubeless using the Gorilla Tape method. Will convert the rear wheel this weekend. The first attempt failed horribly but I revised my technique, bought a new roll of Gorilla tape and tried again. Great success. Rode in the forest last Sunday and smashed the front tire into every rock and root I could find... no burps, no leaks.

mtbr member
    I must buy me some scales like you have.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by druidh View Post
    I must buy me some scales like you have.
    They're readily available... they're Park Tool ones.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by russmu66 View Post
    I know I posted this in another thread but might as well add it here too...

Built more as a trail bike rather than a snow / sand bike. Weight is approx 12.5 kg. Waiting on an E-Thirteen crankset to complete it... the Middleburns will go back on my singlespeed.

Since I took this photo I've converted the front wheel setup to tubeless using the Gorilla Tape method. Will convert the rear wheel this weekend. The first attempt failed horribly but I revised my technique, bought a new roll of Gorilla tape and tried again. Great success. Rode in the forest last Sunday and smashed the front tire into every rock and root I could find... no burps, no leaks.
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea the polished finish could look so tits!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My turn finally...

A Surly Maverick
    As much as I like black frames ........ I love the polished 907's
    A Fatback'd Lefty for who life IS a Beach

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Feelygood ! View Post
    As much as I like black frames ........ I love the polished 907's
    well then, allow me to indulge.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I will have my 170mm 2013 with the 44mm headtube in about a month, for now I will read this whole posting to get some fun ideas

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    well then, allow me to indulge.
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Saw
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbaz View Post
    My turn finally...

Beautiful!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am building one now also and have a question about setting up the steering stem height what is a normal amount of spacers to use under the stem? where is a good place to buy them?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatracer View Post
    I am building one now also and have a question about setting up the steering stem height what is a normal amount of spacers to use under the stem? where is a good place to buy them?
    Thanks
    There is no normal amount of spacers, use as many as you need to make yourself comfortable.

My suggestion would be to buy a pack of spacers from here.

1 - Put them on bike with stem and ride around....
    2 - Change the stem and spacers around ride some more....
    3 - Change the stem and spacers around ride some more....
    4 - Choose prefered setup and cut steerer stem if applicable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What he said for how many. Might also try your local LBS, or if none are near, you E Bay.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

New 9 zero 7 - Ready to rock...

Another 9 zero 7 was born today. Ready to tackle the UP of Michigan. It will never be this clean again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9:zero:7 2012 lust-img_0524.jpg  

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mellomel View Post
    Another 9 zero 7 was born today. Ready to tackle the UP of Michigan. It will never be this clean again...
    WOW!!! Those polished frames are tits on a Ritz! Very nice colour treatment.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Who's going to post some pictures of the new sliding dropout frame? Mine's in transit, so I know they are now in the wild. My build should be finished in a week and I'll share some pics then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Mine is on the way too!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    What SRAM front derailleur are you using? I went with High Mount X.0 -2x and it doesn't appear to fit. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shaivism View Post
    What SRAM front derailleur are you using? I went with High Mount X.0 -2x and it doesn't appear to fit. Thoughts?
    What bike, what crank, what mount, what tire/rim, what appears to be the problem? And pictures can often help.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Countdown till thread explodes........

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    What bike, what crank, what mount, what tire/rim, what appears to be the problem? And pictures can often help.
    The new 907/red/medium. I just received it yesterday. My crank is race face turbine triple w/bashguard (so 2x setup). The derailleur is direct mount. I'll try to get pics later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    continued....170 mm frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

mtbr member
    that stud is for and e-type mount derailleur you need to get this Problem Solvers for your direct mount derailleurs. this is what I am using for my 907. Just a note the cost of the adapter is about the the same as an e-type derailleur.

mtbr member
    You need the Problem Solvers FD direct mount 100mm adapter to use that FD.

That stud that is on the frame is for a E-type FD

I am using this think for reference. Derailleurs

Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thank you for the feedback! What do you recommend as an alternative SRAM F-Der for e-type? My crank is 24/36 tooth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaivism View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! What do you recommend as an alternative SRAM F-Der for e-type? My crank is 24/36 tooth.
    I believe this Shimano XT M780 E-Type 3x10 Front Mech | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com or this Shimano XTR M985 E-Type 2x10 Front Mech | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com will work.

mtbr member
    You can run shimano FD with SRAM shifter, You just have to match the back

mtbr member
    Sent you an email

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    so, just so it is said.

SRAM doesn't make an e-type front derailleur. Like many have stated, using a shimano FD with SRAM shifters will be fine (the same is NOT true for rear derailleurs). To use a SRAM front Derailleur, you would need the Problem solvers direct mount adapter

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Just adding my personal opinion, I would stick with the derailleur you have and get the problem solvers adapter. You can always use it for a 1x setup on a later date.

Looking forward to seeing the bike finished.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix View Post
    Sent you an email
    I never got your email.

mtbr member
    Ill try again

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast