Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatracer View Post
    That would be the difference in what you have to give you no chain rub.
    Where did you come up with the washer is it a bike part or hardware store item?
    Correct. This is why I have chain-tire clearance with full ten speed. It is just a carbon steel washer that I got when I visited Craig Smith at MendonCycleSmith for my Lefty. It is nothing special, I don't think it is even bicycle specific. Just a flat washer 1/16 th thick with a big enough ID. to go over the crank. Probably get one at any hardware store.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks again!
    The MWOD for a moonlander comes with one of those washers for both sides.
    I will locate a washer tomorrow and put this issue to rest.
    what bearings are you using the ones that came with mine are black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatracer View Post
    Thanks again!
    The MWOD for a moonlander comes with one of those washers for both sides.
    I will locate a washer tomorrow and put this issue to rest.
    what bearings are you using the ones that came with mine are black
    The bearings that came with the crank lasted one ride through some deep water and set up like concrete. I changed them out for a set of Shimano bearings. Can't remember if they were road or mnt. I work part time at a local shop so I just went through the stock until I found a set that fit. The inner seal was much tighter on the crank so I think they keep water out better from the inside any way.

mtbr member
    907 with new wheelset thanks to my buddy Normbilt.

No snow yet in northern Illinois though
    "Ride what you love, love what you ride"

mtbr member

Here's mine:

I absolutely love this thing - 28 pounds

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    I absolutely love this thing - 28 pounds

Nice looking! And super-nice on the featherweight attributes.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Frame in sofa - need to share

I guess this is the must-do picture?
    Frame from 9:zero:7 (sliding rear dropout) in grand-ma's old sofa.

The RaceFace Turbine in grey with CDX sprocket is one of the most beautiful crank sets I've ever seen. Luckily it's mine

Bj.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9:zero:7 2012 lust-ramme-i-sofa-2.jpg  

9:zero:7 2012 lust-turbine-cdx.jpg  

Last edited by BjornS; 12-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BjornS View Post
    I guess this is the must-do picture?
    Frame from 9:zero:7 (sliding rear dropout) in grand-ma's old sofa.

Bj.
    gramma is proud i'm sure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    First real ride on my Tusken, just a quick spin after work. Thanks to the guys at fatbikes.com for creating this animal. Cant wait to get more quality time with it during Christmas holidays.

Did I mention that it is completely silent when in use?
    (sorry for crap photo quality, mobile phones...)

Bj.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9:zero:7 2012 lust-fattie-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    im 6 ft what sz? i have an opertunity to grab a xl frame cheap would that be a good sz im between a lrg & xl ,i have a lrg Turner spot and feels like i could go xl but different brands differ in sz a bit.
    thanks
    trlridr

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by trlrdr View Post
    im 6 ft what sz? i have an opertunity to grab a xl frame cheap would that be a good sz im between a lrg & xl ,i have a lrg Turner spot and feels like i could go xl but different brands differ in sz a bit.
    thanks
    I am also 6' tall, and I started fatbiking riding a size large Pugsley (ran a Thompson setback seatpost), and now am on a size large 9:zero:7… no need to run a setback seatpost, everything feels just fine. My inseam is around 33.5" however, I’m kind of a long-legged freak. I had a size extra-large Santa Cruz Superlight I used to race, but I consistently got a backache after each race and training ride—this was what made me consider just trying out a size large. But yes, from manufacturer to manufacturer the geometry of “size X or Y” varies.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trlrdr View Post
    thanks
    According to this size chart that can be found at fatbikes.com, you should be choosing the large frame. At 6ft I ride a large 9zero7 with a 65mm stem and a slight setback seatpost in order to attain a center of gravity that is a bit further back. The size and geo are spot on. I would not even consider getting an extra large frame unless I wanted to maximise the space in the main "triangle" to house a larger frame bag. With the large, as opposed to the XL, you will also appreciate the lower stand over height of the frame and thus maintain your ability to sire children if you so wish to.

When in doubt and falling in between frame sizes, I have held it as a general rule of thumb to always go with the smaller option. It is easier to adjust a bike to make it a tad "bigger" than to make it "smaller" if you catch my drift.

End of my 2cents.
    Last edited by vallengrach; 12-22-2012 at 06:48 AM.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Like Porkstacker, I am getting my wife a 9:Zero:7 for Christmas

Can someone help an old singlespeeder get a clue? What front derailleur do I need exactly? I'm looking at SLX level. Currently it has a SLX Shadow+ rear derailleur, 9 speed SRAM chain, 9 speed Shimano cassette, King BB, and Middleburn 2 piece crank just in case compatibility matters. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecen...n/photostream/

Is this what I need?
    Shimano XT M770 E-type Front Derailleur - AEBike.com
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil View Post
    Like Porkstacker, I am getting my wife a 9:Zero:7 for Christmas

Can someone help an old singlespeeder get a clue? What front derailleur do I need exactly? I'm looking at SLX level. Currently it has a SLX Shadow+ rear derailleur, 9 speed SRAM chain, 9 speed Shimano cassette, King BB, and Middleburn 2 piece crank just in case compatibility matters. Bottom Bracket Area of 9:Zero:7 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is this what I need?
    Shimano XT M770 E-type Front Derailleur - AEBike.com
    Any E-type should work, so I understand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That is a compatible unit. It is 9 speed, dual pull and e-type. I have the same one on mine.

SlowPoky
    Jan 2012

1st and 2nd rides on my new 9:zero:7

Just got back from my second ride on this awesome bike. I love how this bike handles the snow, yet still feels like my summer bike. We need more snow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9:zero:7 2012 lust-1.jpg  

9:zero:7 2012 lust-2.jpg  

Sup
    2nd year for mine
    still no regrets on getting a small
    I'm 5'10 going on 5'9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9:zero:7 2012 lust-907-.jpg  

I am slow therefore I am

SlowPoky
    Jan 2012
    I am 5'-7" and the small is just right. Prior to getting my 9:zero:7 I rode a small Salsa Mukluk. It only had a 90mm stem which felt a bit crampt. On this bike I have a 110mm stem which puts my weight out over the front wheel and is much more compfortable. You have a very nice looking bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    2nd year for mine
    still no regrets on getting a small
    I'm 5'10 going on 5'9
    Hey your bike looks sweet, I'm planning on ordering one myself and working to figure the proper sizing, most likely a small. I was surprised you are riding a small. I'm 5'7", 29" inseam , 68.5cm top of saddle to the center of the bottom bracket spindle. What I you saddle height as shown in your recent picture?
    Merry Christmas,
    Jeff

Nuts
    [QUOTE=Tiboy;10007402]. I was surprised you are riding a small. /QUOTE]

I've seen him and I don't know if I would really call what he does riding

P.S. SJ going to try out me new light set tonight.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here's my ride. big fat larrys on clownshoes with 1x10 drivetrain.

[IMG] DSC_0042 by chrisroundy, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sup
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiboy View Post
    Hey your bike looks sweet, I'm planning on ordering one myself and working to figure the proper sizing, most likely a small. I was surprised you are riding a small. I'm 5'7", 29" inseam , 68.5cm top of saddle to the center of the bottom bracket spindle. What I you saddle height as shown in your recent picture?
    Merry Christmas,
    Jeff
    I will measure tonight when I get home from work
    I know my 400 mm post is right at about 100mm insertion into the fram
    I have a measured 32 inch inseam
    I went small because bdundee trys to rides a medium and it just looks like a circus act
    He is overcompensating for something

Sj

P.S. bdundee stop playing with my light you are going to wear it out
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Merry Christmas,
    Jeff
    I'm 5'7" and ride a medium (as recommended by Fatbikes.com)

042 by WeezyC, on Flickr

Do you think it looks too big for me?

SlowPoky
    Jan 2012
    Merry Christmas,
    Jeff
    I tried to reply to your question to me, but the Forum said I need to have 3 more comments before I can reply to a private message. I measured my bike, and here are the measurements you asked for:

1. The distance from the center of the bottom bracket spindle (crank center) to the top of the seat is 68 cm (26- 3/4")
    2. The handlebar drop or rise compared to seat height.
    *The height of the top of my seat from the ground is 95.89 cm (37-3/4")
    *The height of the top of my handlebars from the ground is 100.33 cm (39-1/2")

I have ridden this bike a lot in the past couple of weeks, and I am VERY happy that I went with a "small" frame. I did put on a 110 mm stem to give me a bit more room. I heard that it is better to err on the side of smaller when selecting a Fat Bike size. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pokyrider View Post
    I tried to reply to your question to me, but the Forum said I need to have 3 more comments before I can reply to a private message. I measured my bike, and here are the measurements you asked for:

1. The distance from the center of the bottom bracket spindle (crank center) to the top of the seat is 68 cm (26- 3/4")
    2. The handlebar drop or rise compared to seat height.
    *The height of the top of my seat from the ground is 95.89 cm (37-3/4")
    *The height of the top of my handlebars from the ground is 100.33 cm (39-1/2")

I have ridden this bike a lot in the past couple of weeks, and I am VERY happy that I went with a "small" frame. I did put on a 110 mm stem to give me a bit more room. I heard that it is better to err on the side of smaller when selecting a Fat Bike size. Good luck!
    Hey thanks for the info, your fit is identical to what I'm after, looks like I will go with my orignal gut feeling and order a small. BTW- how tall is your stack of spacers under the stem?
    Jeff

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast