Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008

45Nrth Wolvhammer Fit/Breakin/stretch?

A quick question for those of you who have these boots...

I'm having difficulty figuring out if these things fit. Basically, one size up from my regular ride size feels divine/roomy EXCEPT that my toes touch at end of the shoe when wearing thick socks. Realizing that these are a super insulated, leather boot, I'm wondering if they pack out/stretch a bit.

I don't plan to wear multiple pairs of socks (my conditions rarely dip below zero (f)).

Thanks,

Elitest thrill junkie
    I wear about a 44 usually. I got the wolfhammers in 48 after trying on several, to give myself enough room. There's enough that I can slip in an additional insole, to further insulate my feet, and wear thick socks. I don't find they pack out or stretch much, they are rather stiff boots. 48 is ginormous, but not so much in this role. Was in the low single digits last night. Pretty happy with the boots.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Mine have not stretched at all. In 3 years. I got them one size bigger than normal. No room for a thermal insole

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I have a pair of the wolvehammer boots. I also bought 1 size up from my regular size and my big toe did touch the front of the boot still with bigger socks on. I was a bit worried that i should have bought a bigger size. But, the rest of the boot fit nice. After about 200 miles of riding in them i am glad i didn't go bigger. I have never had any issues with comfort or fit. I have ridden in temps down to -3 F and not a once have i encountered cold feet. I absolutely love these boots!

mtbr member
    I bought 1 size up also and they have not packed out. They fit perfect with a thick wool sock. I tried 2 sizes up and they were too big. They worked pedaling but if I had to walk they would give me blisters.