Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Anchorage, AK

45North Wolvhammer

I love my Wolvenhammers, but this is pretty disappointing after only one-and-a-half seasons:

45North Wolvhammer-img00491.jpg
    --Peace

mtbr member
    Same sole as the Lakes, right? I've never seen this before in a Lake. Although I don't use either, a friend has been using them (Lakes) for a few years now, commuting everyday, and this hasn't been a problem for him.
    - Mark Ehlers
    The Prodigal Cyclist

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon marke View Post
    Same sole as the Lakes, right? I've never seen this before in a Lake. Although I don't use either, a friend has been using them (Lakes) for a few years now, commuting everyday, and this hasn't been a problem for him.
    The sole looks similar, but I don't know if the glue is the same. I have boots that are twenty years old that this has not happened to. I am very disappointed.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Did you use them for walking? If so...that may void your warranty.

That better not f'in happen to my boots. For the premium price them sons-o-biches better last longer then the bubble.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    And just when I thought that I might want a pair, reality sets in.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Please call 45nrth or shoot them an email w a pic. They have very good customer service. Maybe you have already tried this?

Nuts
    And be very careful to never say anything bad about 45nrth, they will haunt you. You would think that telling them that one or more of their products suck that they would appreciate the advice but no someone from there gets all pissy.
    And I love beer!!

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrider2 View Post
    Please call 45nrth or shoot them an email w a pic. They have very good customer service. Maybe you have already tried this?
    Thank you for the advice. I just sent them an note at through their website linking them to this thread. I will report back on what I hear. I ride every day in Anchorage having so boots that are falling apart is not good.
    --Peace

Human Test Subject
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    And be very careful to never say anything bad about 45nrth, they will haunt you. You would think that telling them that one or more of their products suck that they would appreciate the advice but no someone from there gets all pissy.
    I still think my fasterkatt thread was what created the zipper instructional blog post. I bought Dillingers anyway, but won't buy anything from them that's not a tire.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Nevermind you're already on it. Good Luck...
    Climbing Builds Character

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Volsung View Post
    but won't buy anything from them that's not a tire.
    I agree and a statement like that is what got me flamed in the first place, some people just get butt hurt a little to easy. After working for over 20 years outdoors in some of the harshest environments in the lower 48 we learned long ago that zippers in boots don't last.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member

Re: 45North Wolvhammer

Quote Originally Posted by JAGI410 View Post
    And just when I thought that I might want a pair, reality sets in.
    My thoughts exactly. I was planning on buying some this summer for next winter. Not so sure now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

45North Wolvhammer

Fasterkatts, Wolverhammers, whatever-they-are-calling-their-non-windproof-balaclavas. I've got some rim strikes I want your feedback on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm how far behind?
    Mine started to do that on the first ride. I had a flyer in my box telling me that while tread de lamination is covered by warranty, you should glue them yourself with a silicone adhesive to save you from being without them cause all they would do is glue them anyways. Should've been enough of a red flag to return them but I really wanted them to work out for me. Now I'm glueing them every other week. Serously thinking of going back to my 6 year old Lakes for my upcoming race in Alaska. At least I can carry a spare Boa with me. Not happy at all with my $325 boots.
    Fatter than most.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

45North Wolvhammer

Every other week is pretty much industry standard.

mtbr member

45North Wolvhammer

And the LBS wanted $400 ............

mtbr member
    May 2011

Who buys this crap?

Sorels and platforms, people. C'mon.

mtbr member

45North Wolvhammer

It's very simple business practice of put on a heavy price tag and people will automatically assume its great quality.
    Last edited by funnyjr; 02-15-2014 at 08:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

45North Wolvhammer

What pedals you have? Crankbrothers maybe?

Tässä on sulle mitali.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Seems like a pretty harsh tone considering this seems to be just one instance of this kind of failure and the guy hasn't even heard back from the company.

Even so, I agree these boots are too expensive. I want a pair but haven't been able to justify the expense.

I have lots of friends that are very happy with these boots. I suppose if you pay over $300 for boots you have to convince yourself they were a good purchase.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    Who buys this crap?

Sorels and platforms, people. C'mon.
    I have Sorels, but picked these up. Much trimmer (q-factor is wide enough with fat bikes) and much lighter. The only negative thing is that they don't have removable liners. But then, the do dry out very fast and are VERY warm.
    - Mark Ehlers
    The Prodigal Cyclist

Elitest thrill junkie
    The only reason I see to get the wolfhammers is if you HAVE to ride SPD in the most extreme conditions. If not, there are many better boots out there for approximately half the price (and cheaper on sale).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Or Shimano mw81. Great boots, very light, warm, waterproof and much less $$ then wolves.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    Or Shimano mw81. Great boots, very light, warm, waterproof and much less $$ then wolves.
    Um, no , unless you are a poser. Those are not for the same purpose as the wolfhammers. If you are riding in a place where those shimano's work, it's A, not cold, and B, a place where the 45Nth shoes would be way overkill. I'm not sure you realize what the purpose of the wolfhammer's is.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Um, no , unless you are a poser. Those are not for the same purpose as the wolfhammers. If you are riding in a place where those shimano's work, it's A, not cold, and B, a place where the 45Nth shoes would be way overkill. I'm not sure you realize what the purpose of the wolfhammer's is.
    Yeah, guess not. 0° f and sometimes lower night rides aren't that cold. I'm sure everyone here using the wolves must be riding - 30°f.

This past January we had daily temps in the negatives real temp, not wind chill bs. My feet were just fine.

I also have been trudging through snow almost to my waist no issue at all with the these.

Please tell me your experience with the mw81s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast