Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 2,001 to 2,043 of 2043
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by twentyniner29 View Post
    Anyone go from Barbegazzis to non-studded Gnarwhals? Riding mostly groomed on belarbegazzis., just got some Gnars. Wondering how much more rolling resistance, maybe run a gnar in the front, barb rear? How much slower will it be or will it make up for it in traction? Thanks!
    I did one ride with a gnar up front and a barb on the rear, it's not a bad setup, there was about 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow, I was meeting several buddy's for the ride, it was the first snow of the season, and only had a couple hours to install the studs, and tire, so the front was the obvious choice. We did about 16 miles of tight single track, taking turns out front cutting trail, all three of them went down several times, I was the only one that stayed up right.
    The gnar is a night and day difference over the barb up front, I rode all last season with the barb's.
    Give it a try, what do you have to lose… I'm running both the gnar's studded after that ride, we've had some really cold weather, for the last couple of weeks, so it's hard to comment on rolling resistance.
    Last edited by tmbrown; 01-06-2018 at 08:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbrown View Post
    I did one ride with a gnar up front and a brab on the rear, it's not a bad setup, there was about 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow, I was meeting several buddy's for the ride, it was the first snow of the season, and only had a couple hours to install the studs, and tire, so the front was the obvious choice. We did about 16 miles of tight single track, taking turns out front cutting trail, all three of them went down several times, I was the only one that stayed up right.
    The gnar is a night and day difference over the barb up front, I rode all last season with the barb's.
    Give it a try, what do you have to lose… I'm running both the gnar's studded after that ride, we've had some really cold weather, for the last couple of weeks, so it's hard to comment on rolling resistance.
    Thanks. Put the Gnar on the front last night. Headed to race in 30 min. -2 right now, feels like -15. 2 hour+ race, 5 mile loop. Should be interesting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by twentyniner29 View Post
    Thanks. Put the Gnar on the front last night. Headed to race in 30 min. -2 right now, feels like -15. 2 hour+ race, 5 mile loop. Should be interesting.
    Addison Oaks? Good luck, it's was -8 when I got up this morning in Davisburg.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbrown View Post
    Addison Oaks? Good luck, it's was -8 when I got up this morning in Davisburg.
    Yup. Thanks! I probably wouldn’t go if it wasn’t so close to my house. Lol.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    juste got a BZA combo on special. All I have left to do is make the wheels tubless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Trek Farley 5, 7, 9, 9.6, and 9.8 Fat Bikes-image.jpg  

2016 Trek Farley 5, 7, 9, 9.6, and 9.8 Fat Bikes-image.jpg  

2017 Trek Remedy 9 RSL
    2017 Trek Farley 7
    2013 Specialized Tarmac

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by drmayer View Post
    I put on a set of the 27.5x4,5 gnarwhals. I had the 26x4.7 barbegazis prior. I notice the additional grip of the gnarwhals, but I feel like the roll noticeably slower on the hard packed snow we’ve had.
    Hello, does the 27.5x4.5 gnarwhal fit the RS bluto?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krelldog View Post
    Hello, does the 27.5x4.5 gnarwhal fit the RS bluto?
    No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Well first ride with the gnarwhals. I didnt notice a big speed difference.... i did put 2 psi each tire more (6/7) than the barbs (4/5)

They were like velcro grip, its pretty icy here and they tackled it no issues, no powder to compare unluckily.

My only issue is the axle has to be rearmost. Wish i could have got the 3.8” for the rear so i can slam the axle forward. Oh well... its a snowbike.
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    so I'm being driven Crazy by the 9587 headset standards in the market today. Can anyone tell me the part number for a crown race replacement for a stock FSA headset on a trek Farley 9?

TIA

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Back2MTB View Post
    so I'm being driven Crazy by the 9587 headset standards in the market today.
    I know your pain. I had to combine parts from 3 different headsets to put Mastodon fork on my Farley 7 without play.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Made Hub Adapters 135mm to 150mm is possible on Farley 5

Hi-
    I made hubs for my Farley 5 front wheel to adapt from 135mm to 150mm which allowed me to get the Rock Shox Bluto working with original wheel/hub. Due to the cost pricing of the tooling I made extras. If you need a set to adapt your wheel set let me know and I can help out a fellow fat biker.

2016 Trek Farley 5, 7, 9, 9.6, and 9.8 Fat Bikes-20170116_201548.jpg2016 Trek Farley 5, 7, 9, 9.6, and 9.8 Fat Bikes-hub_pic1d.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Trek Farley 5 check :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2016 Trek Farley 5, 7, 9, 9.6, and 9.8 Fat Bikes

Anybody else having issues with paint chipping around the thru axle on the non drive side Haru fork leg?

Thinking about picking up a maxle to replace the DT RWS thru axle to see if that eliminates it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_biike_boy View Post
    Hi-
    I made hubs for my Farley 5 front wheel to adapt from 135mm to 150mm which allowed me to get the Rock Shox Bluto working with original wheel/hub. Due to the cost pricing of the tooling I made extras. If you need a set to adapt your wheel set let me know and I can help out a fellow fat biker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170116_201548.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	1179247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hub_pic1d.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	1179248
    Cool to see someone doing these! I recall a guy called Steve Hauck did some for some of the other hub brands over at FatBike.com. I'm saving/selling a bike to try and get a hold of a Lauf Carbonara fork but might be interested in a set of these later in the year. I was planning to switch to 29+ wheels but it would be nice to have the option of running the Mulefuts too. How much are you selling them for and would you ship to UK? I'm sure there are loads of folk out there stuck with 135mm hub spacing on F5s and would like to run a Bluto or Mastodon fork. You should post over on fatbike.com to see if there's any interest.

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I have a farley 9 and am looking to upgrade the wheelset. I live in eastern pa and I ride mostly rocky single track with a couple little snow rides a year. I am riding the 3.8 minions on the stock jackalope wheels. I was thinking of going with a 27.5 x 60mm wheelset. Does anyone have experience running narrower wheelset for summer riding.
    Also does anyone know the weight of the stock wheelset?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CrLapp View Post
    I have a farley 9 and am looking to upgrade the wheelset. I live in eastern pa and I ride mostly rocky single track with a couple little snow rides a year. I am riding the 3.8 minions on the stock jackalope wheels. I was thinking of going with a 27.5 x 60mm wheelset. Does anyone have experience running narrower wheelset for summer riding.
    Had a set of Nextie 27.5 60's with Ghar's front and rear built by Mikesee. Can't answer the summer question as I don't do fatty other than winter. Studded in winter they do gr8! I am also running a 2016 Farley 9.
    2016 Remedy 9
    2016 Farley 7
    2017 Santa Cruz V-10 C
    2017 Remedy 9.9
    2017 Domane SLR 6

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Do you plan to run the same 3.8 width tires? I would think the 60mm rim is kind of narrow. IMO, you'll need to up the tire pressure to compensate for the narrower rim to keep it from rolling too much. Raising the tire pressure IMO defeats the purpose of fat tires.
    I run the stock 80mm rims on 9.6 as well as the new 82mm Nextie 27.5 rims, but only use this for winter. I also have the bike setup with 29+ with 52mm wide Nextie rims and 3.0 tires for the spring/summer/fall. I really like this combination.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JackP42 View Post
    Do you plan to run the same 3.8 width tires? I would think the 60mm rim is kind of narrow. IMO, you'll need to up the tire pressure to compensate for the narrower rim to keep it from rolling too much. Raising the tire pressure IMO defeats the purpose of fat tires.
    I run the stock 80mm rims on 9.6 as well as the new 82mm Nextie 27.5 rims, but only use this for winter. I also have the bike setup with 29+ with 52mm wide Nextie rims and 3.0 tires for the spring/summer/fall. I really like this combination.
    I like the 27.5 x 3.8 tires. I also thought about 29+ but didn't know how much different the 29+ would ride compared to 27.5 fat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I like the 27.5 x 3.8 tires. I also thought about 29+ but didn't know how much different the 29+ would ride compared to 27.5 fat.
    If you prefer to stick with 27.5x3.8, I would recommend the NXT27WD85-II rims over the narrower ones. A few grams heavier, but worth it for better supporting the tire. BTW, my wheels built with these rims, I9 hubs, D-Light Sapim spokes and aluminum nipples came in a 2140g including valve stems and rim tape. My 29+ wheels came in around 1950g if I recall correct. If I recall correct, the stock aluminum Jackalope wheelset is about 3000g.
    In terms of 29+ vs fat, I think fat rules in the winter, but when the snow is gone, I prefer the 29+. Better handling, no self steer, better rolling, faster accelerating, and only a slight loss in traction unless you are something like beach sand. If max grip is what you are after though, can't beat the fat setup.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have a Farly 7 and love it. The hub engagement sucks though. Other bikes are running DT with a very quick engagements. What are my options for upgrading the XD driver? Thinking about getting a Farly 9.6 but same shitty XD driver.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
    I have a Farly 7 and love it. The hub engagement sucks though. Other bikes are running DT with a very quick engagements. What are my options for upgrading the XD driver? Thinking about getting a Farly 9.6 but same shitty XD driver.
    I would think you'd need to replace the whole rear hub, not just the XD driver. I would think they would not be cross compatible between brands, at least with brands that have faster engagement as half of the engagement system is in the hub and the other half is in the freehub/driver.

mtbr member
    Just speccing up some gear for going 29+ on my 2016 F5. I'm thinking RaceFace/Easton ARC 40 or 45 Rims, Hope Fatsno Hubs, spokes TBC, and 3" 29+ Chupacabra tyres. My preference is the 40mm rim to keep weight down. Had looked at carbon rims briefly but the ARC is supposed to be very good and light enough for my use. Any others done the 29+ conversion on their Farley care to share their thoughts?

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cr3anmachin3 View Post
    Just speccing up some gear for going 29+ on my 2016 F5. I'm thinking RaceFace/Easton ARC 40 or 45 Rims, Hope Fatsno Hubs, spokes TBC, and 3" 29+ Chupacabra tyres. My preference is the 40mm rim to keep weight down. Had looked at carbon rims briefly but the ARC is supposed to be very good and light enough for my use. Any others done the 29+ conversion on their Farley care to share their thoughts?
    I have a 9.6 that I run fat and rigid in the winter, and then put 29+ wheels and a Magnum fork on it for the spring/summer/fall.
    I'm very happy with the bike in both configurations.
    The 29+ wheelset I built was I9 hubs, Nextie Jungle Fox rims (52 outside, 45 inside, 530g), Sapim D-Light spokes (I really like these spokes) and aluminum nipples, and Chupacabra tires. I'm happy with these wheels, and have been bullet proof for the 2 seasons I've run them. I very much favour wide rims to so that lower tire pressures can be used without the tire rolling over. IMO, if you are going +, you are looking for the added grip over conventional tires, and this is sacrificed to some degree if you go too narrow on the rim. I think the 45 inside rims and the 3.0 Chupacabra's are a good match. Not too wide that you are rubbing the side walls, but good support. BTW I weight 200 lbs and run 11psi front/13psi back with these wheels and tires.

mtbr member
    I have a 9.6 that I run fat and rigid in the winter, and then put 29+ wheels and a Magnum fork on it for the spring/summer/fall.
    I'm very happy with the bike in both configurations.
    The 29+ wheelset I built was I9 hubs, Nextie Jungle Fox rims (52 outside, 45 inside, 530g), Sapim D-Light spokes (I really like these spokes) and aluminum nipples, and Chupacabra tires. I'm happy with these wheels, and have been bullet proof for the 2 seasons I've run them. I very much favour wide rims to so that lower tire pressures can be used without the tire rolling over. IMO, if you are going +, you are looking for the added grip over conventional tires, and this is sacrificed to some degree if you go too narrow on the rim. I think the 45 inside rims and the 3.0 Chupacabra's are a good match. Not too wide that you are rubbing the side walls, but good support. BTW I weight 200 lbs and run 11psi front/13psi back with these wheels and tires.
    cool thankyou! I may opt for the 45 ARCs then. I'll admit I bought the Farley on impulse. We have very little snow here but I do some beach but mostly XC riding and take the Farley to trail centres. Ideally I want to put a Lauf fork on the front and use it in 29+ for long adventure and XC rides. I love riding the 4.7" Barbegazis and they do soak up everything but would like to make the bike a bit more nimble. My only other issue is the 135mm front hub but once I get the Lauf that won't be a problem anymore. Any issues with the sidewalls on the Chupas? I've read some reports of it being weak or tearing.

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    cool thankyou! I may opt for the 45 ARCs then. I'll admit I bought the Farley on impulse. We have very little snow here but I do some beach but mostly XC riding and take the Farley to trail centres. Ideally I want to put a Lauf fork on the front and use it in 29+ for long adventure and XC rides. I love riding the 4.7" Barbegazis and they do soak up everything but would like to make the bike a bit more nimble. My only other issue is the 135mm front hub but once I get the Lauf that won't be a problem anymore. Any issues with the sidewalls on the Chupas? I've read some reports of it being weak or tearing.
    I have not tried 29+ with anything other than these rims, but I have tried a lot of different width rims with tires in the 2.35 to 2.6 range, and IMO there is an optimum. Slower riding where traction is king, wide is better up to the point where the side ways bulge beyond the tread. At speed picks up, the tire needs more stability, so you may be forced to run higher pressures, but again, a wide rim supports a tire better than a narrow rim at a given pressure.
    I've had zero issues with my Chupacabra's and I everything from XC racing to extremely rocky trails, though the rocks tend to be rounded more so than sharp. More challenging for grip, but likely a bit easier of the tires.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have the Farley 9.6 with the Nextie Black Eagle II 65mm/27.5'' carbon wheelset and the Barbegazi 4.5''/27.5'' tires. Summer is not here yet but the setup is just perfect! Narrower wheelset makes the tire to be rounder profile so it reduces self steering. Narrow wheel seems to be quite well protected by the tire so I bet the setup works like a dream in summer time. One thing I really need to say is that I can set the tire pressure higher than with the wider aluminum wheelset. I mean I don't have 'hard hitting' feeling when going over holes like on the winter trail where people are walking and making holes. Usually I need to setup the air pressure down but not with my new setup. It's amazing how I'm able to drive even with the higher pressure and having great quality of driving without bouncing around. Higher air pressure is very welcome because better rolling. The bike feels like super fast when comparing to my old setup. I love it so my recommendation for you is to go for 65mm or 60mm. Here's the pic...

Jason Paul Tolmie
    Mar 2018

Damaged derailleur on 2018 Trek Farley 5

Hi there, I’m new to this forum and hope I have posted in the right place. I am from the UK (Outer Hebrides) & very recently purchased a 2018 Trek Farley 5 & on my first proper ride managed to catch the derailleur on a tuft of earth where it dug in a little. I couldn’t see any obvious damage but straight away the gears wouldn’t index properly & upon trying to adjust them only seems to have made them worse. I’m not the best at adjusting gears but think maybe I have damaged it beyond repair. My question is would it be better to repair it or just replace it? Also, would it be better to replace with the same (Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus) or upgrade to a better derailleur? And, will most derailleurs fit straight on?

Also, another question; I have yet to go tubeless and would appreciate a list of things I will need to achieve this.

I appreciate your help very much.

Jason

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason P Tolmie View Post
    Hi there, I’m new to this forum and hope I have posted in the right place. I am from the UK (Outer Hebrides) & very recently purchased a 2018 Trek Farley 5 & on my first proper ride managed to catch the derailleur on a tuft of earth where it dug in a little. I couldn’t see any obvious damage but straight away the gears wouldn’t index properly & upon trying to adjust them only seems to have made them worse. I’m not the best at adjusting gears but think maybe I have damaged it beyond repair. My question is would it be better to repair it or just replace it? Also, would it be better to replace with the same (Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus) or upgrade to a better derailleur? And, will most derailleurs fit straight on?

Also, another question; I have yet to go tubeless and would appreciate a list of things I will need to achieve this.

I appreciate your help very much.

Jason
    You may have just bent the derailleur hanger, a shop can easily fix this.

For tubeless with the Mulefut rims, the best way is to buy the Sun Ringle rim strips as well as tubeless valves and sealant.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6 with Lauf
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    there's lots of them in this thread:

Let's see your fatbike 29+ Plus conversions

I personally run XMCarbonspeed 35 MM rims with Novatec hubs and Chupacabras.

2 seasons of use and love the setup.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6 with Lauf
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

Jason Paul Tolmie
    Mar 2018
    Thanks very much for your advice. Much appreiated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Got my 2018 9.6 few weeks ago. I guess the ones we got here to Oulu, Northern Finland are the only ones in the whole Europe
    Changed the brakes and cockpit parts - and of course set it to single speed from the day one. Next upgrade will be the carbon wheels.
    I put the 11spd GX gearing and Level T brakes to my girlfriends 2018 Farley 5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    You may have just bent the derailleur hanger, a shop can easily fix this.

For tubeless with the Mulefut rims, the best way is to buy the Sun Ringle rim strips as well as tubeless valves and sealant.
    Totally agree with this. First time round I tried to set my Mulefuts up "cheap" with gaffer/duct tape. It was a mistake. Best to get the Sunringle tape (think it comes up 78mm for 80mm rims). I used regular Stans and a couple of Airwave tubeless valves (£10). Still holding air 1 year later although have topped up sealant. Make sure you follow all the steps correctly...including inflating tyre with a tube first to seat it the bead to the rim. I actually took mine to a mechanic friend who had done a lot of racing tubeless setups and he did a great job. One thing you also might find useful is a compressor or Airshot: Airshot Tubeless Tyre Inflator

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Has anyone converted there farley to 27.5+? Or does everyone run 29+? I want to get a summer wheelset for here in the northeast. I just wasn't sure if 27.5+ would drop the bb height to low. Also would 29+ feel to big for singletrack use. It seems like 29+ is the choice of bikepackers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Has anyone converted there farley to 27.5+? Or does everyone run 29+? I want to get a summer wheelset for here in the northeast. I just wasn't sure if 27.5+ would drop the bb height to low. Also would 29+ feel to big for singletrack use. It seems like 29+ is the choice of bikepackers.
    I run my Farley 9.6 with 29+ and a 100mm Magnum fork for the spring/summer/fall. I ride everything from extremely rocky trails to traditional XC races on it. It's an awesome all rounder do everything bike IMO. I haven't tried it, but would think the BB would end up pretty low with 27.5+. I guess it would depend on the crank length you run, what kind of trails you ride, and since + tire sizes vary a lot, what tires.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Any links for a derailleur hanger? 2016 Trek Farely 7.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I run my Farley 9.6 with 29+ and a 100mm Magnum fork for the spring/summer/fall. I ride everything from extremely rocky trails to traditional XC races on it. It's an awesome all rounder do everything bike IMO. I haven't tried it, but would think the BB would end up pretty low with 27.5+. I guess it would depend on the crank length you run, what kind of trails you ride, and since + tire sizes vary a lot, what tires.
    Which 29+ tire and rim setup?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideon View Post
    Which 29+ tire and rim setup?

Nextie Jungle Fox + 52 outside/45 inside carbon rims on I9 hubs with 29+ 3.0 Chupacabra tires set up tubeless.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nextie Jungle Fox + 52 outside/45 inside carbon rims on I9 hubs with 29+ 3.0 Chupacabra tires set up tubeless.
    How does it compare to 27.5 x 4? (Non winter conditions of course)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideon View Post
    How does it compare to 27.5 x 4? (Non winter conditions of course)

The wheels and tires are about 1kg less, so as expected they accelerate quicker. They are slightly larger in diameter, but not that I notice this. From there, the comparison is a little harder since I run the 29+ with a suspension fork and the 27.5 fat fully rigid. The fat setup has slightly better traction in slow situation, and as the speed picks up, the balance slightly shifts the other way, but splitting hairs. That is on hard pack and rocking trails. I don't ride a lot of soft sandy trails where the fat likely is better. For me, the fat wins in the snow, but the 29+ seems a better compromise for the spring/summer/fall for the type of trails I typically ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The wheels and tires are about 1kg less, so as expected they accelerate quicker. They are slightly larger in diameter, but not that I notice this. From there, the comparison is a little harder since I run the 29+ with a suspension fork and the 27.5 fat fully rigid. The fat setup has slightly better traction in slow situation, and as the speed picks up, the balance slightly shifts the other way, but splitting hairs. That is on hard pack and rocking trails. I don't ride a lot of soft sandy trails where the fat likely is better. For me, the fat wins in the snow, but the 29+ seems a better compromise for the spring/summer/fall for the type of trails I typically ride.
    Makes sense. I started riding 29 x 2.6 on 36mm internal Nox rims last summer on my dual squish bike and loved it. Superior traction rules the day. Though I love my Farley winter setup too. Good to have options.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Does it work jumbojim 4.8 farley 5 -16?

mtbr member
    I've a 2016 Farley 5 and about to replace chain & cassette. Just wondering what the options are for going 1x10. I think the rear mech is a Deore M615 Shadow+ GS or SGS (not 100% on this). I've heard there's a 11-42 Shimano HG500 Cassette out now but not sure this would work with my rear mech properly. Only interested in Shimano options as would hope to keep rear mech and shifter. The current config is a 2x10 with 11-36 out back and Race Face 36/22 up front. Likely I would be swapping that for a 28T or 30T. Also hoping to go 29+ later in year but I don't think wheel size would affect this setup. Keen to see what some of you others have gone for on your Farleys. Thanks

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

mtbr member
    I've a 2016 Farley 5 and about to replace chain & cassette. Just wondering what the options are for going 1x10. I think the rear mech is a Deore M615 Shadow+ GS or SGS (not 100% on this). I've heard there's a 11-42 Shimano HG500 Cassette out now but not sure this would work with my rear mech properly. Only interested in Shimano options as would hope to keep rear mech and shifter. The current config is a 2x10 with 11-36 out back and Race Face 36/22 up front. Likely I would be swapping that for a 28T or 30T. Also hoping to go 29+ later in year but I don't think wheel size would affect this setup. Keen to see what some of you others have gone for on your Farleys. Thanks
    For anyone interested in doing this I think it CAN be done with a Deore M615 Shadow + GS by using a Wolf Tooth "Goat link". Not sure about the SGS (long cage) mech. The mechs were only rated to go to 36T on the largest sprocket. You can also use a larger B limit screw but from what I've read that doesn't seem to be as successful. I may buy the stuff and pass to my bike mechanic friend who is a lot more skilled than me at these things. I'll post back here if it's been successful.

XC
    Trail
    Road
    Fat...it's all cycling.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021