mtbr member
    Feb 2009

2015 Fatboy 1x conversion

Lots of info out there and much confusion!!!

I have a 2105 Fatboy and want to change it up after a couple years of riding.. just did a 1x conversion on my '15 epic and it went very well, so thought why not the fattie...

I know the rear of the bike without issue... going to keep the shimano driver and add the 11spd cassette but add the wolftooth 50T for my old legs..

I am only going to keep the bike for a couple years more so I do not want to spend a lot on it... found various 1x cranksets by SRAM but the NX and GX seem to only have GXP fitting (24mm spindle).. For some reason I cannot find anything for a PF30 BB. Found a couple RF 1x crank sets but they were well over $400.

So first question... anyone know where I can get a 100mm spindle 1x crank at a reasonable price? thinking less than $200... or can I install a GXP BB into my 2015 Fatboy frame? Just doesn't seem to be clear enough information.

Any help would be appreciated

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    well after much surfing... think I am on the right path.. found bottom brackets with a company Wheels Manufacturing which has a 41mm 24mm spindle internal to it and it will fit the Race Face Aeffect. Ordered it up and will see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsalani View Post
    well after much surfing... think I am on the right path.. found bottom brackets with a company Wheels Manufacturing which has a 41mm 24mm spindle internal to it and it will fit the Race Face Aeffect. Ordered it up and will see how it goes.
    why not just take the current chainrings off and order a new narrow wide ring the appropriate bolt pattern. no need to change out your cranks. you will need shorter chain ring bolts but it is pretty easy to track those down too.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefflinde View Post
    why not just take the current chainrings off and order a new narrow wide ring the appropriate bolt pattern. no need to change out your cranks. you will need shorter chain ring bolts but it is pretty easy to track those down too.
    This

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

Not the fake Jay Leno
    ^^this is what I did. I just put on a 30t wolftooth ring on the outer 104bcd ring of the Samox crank. I left the small inner ring on. I took off the front derailleur, but I can still move down to the small ring in really deep snow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Did you add an 11 spd cassette in the rear?

Not the fake Jay Leno
    Quote Originally Posted by BeRad View Post
    Did you add an 11 spd cassette in the rear?
    No I did not. On my bike, I had already upgraded the cassette to a 10 speed XT, so I just added a wolftooth 42 tooth rear cog. On my wifeís bike I just replaced the stock Sunrace 11-36 cassette with a Sunrace 11-42 10 speed cassette. Thatís the easiest way to go. The Sunrace 11-42 is a nice piece. My wife is also running the non-clutch x5 rear mech. I donít think sheís ever dropped a chain with this setup. Iím running a 10 speed gx, which seems about the same but with a clutch.