2014 Salsa Mukluk and Beargrease colors

Here are the first pics of the 2014 fat Salsa sleds-

Mukluk 3 in Red

Mukluk 3 in Black

Mukluk 2

TI Mukluk

Beargrease Carbon X9

Beargrease Carbon XX1
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    So the new Mukluks will have the Beargrease fork combined with the bottle mounts of the Enabler?
    Hopefully the price is closer to the Enabler...

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowinFlo View Post
    So the new Mukluks will have the Beargrease fork combined with the bottle mounts of the Enabler?
    Yep, will be called the Bearpaw fork if I seen correctly.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

ouch....
    Looks sweet! That is a tiny chain ring on the xx1.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    No more Alum. Beargrease?

That gold-ish color on the Muk 2 is really awesome. I also like the little downtube color detailing they did on the carbon... I've seen pictures of the X9 and had a hard time telling if that is actually a colored decal (purple/blue) or is it actually holographic? It looks almost like that color changing paint you see on cars... now that would be cool.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why Nates? I have a pair, but they came off quite quickly. Too much friction for me.

mtbr member
    When will these be in my LBS? I am drooling...

mtbr member

2014 Salsa Mukluk and Beargrease colors

Quote Originally Posted by Lintott View Post
    Why Nates? I have a pair, but they came off quite quickly. Too much traction for me.
    Fixed it for ya.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaborExplosivo View Post
    No more Alum. Beargrease?
    No. But as the new Mukluk will have a Beargrease fork with benefits, it will be a reasonably light frameset (<3kg). And IMO the alu fork looks better than the steel too.

The decals and colours of 2014 Salsas look nice. Except for Ti Mukluk. Like business in the front, party in the back

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Will the Ti Mukluk be built with the new (m.y. 2013+) geometry? Or are they still carrying over the old one?

WNC Native
    Good question bme107, I would assume the newer given it now has a updated 44mm HT and appears to have a shorter head tube/stack height.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    it now has a updated 44mm HT and appears to have a shorter head tube/stack height.
    Good catch. I was just trying to figure it by BB drop comparison, but the pictures of the other models weren't as perfect from the side.

I like the added paint, but it's just a bit too much IMO. Maybe just a couple of bands around the logo on the DT, maybe some on the SS and CS.

Harmonius Wrench
    I've been told the new titanium Muk is newer geo and rides better than the old one. That said, I am not getting rid of my old one.

mtbr member
    Any word on prices?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    I've been told the new titanium Muk is newer geo and rides better than the old one. That said, I am not getting rid of my old one.
    I'm not either, but it sure would be nice to add one to the stable! I love my 2013 Muk, but I really, really want a ti frame. I've done so many upgrades to my current bike, I could transfer all the parts to the ti frame and re-build my old bike back up stock. hmmmmmmm........
    got moto?

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyron View Post
    When will these be in my LBS? I am drooling...
    I just got off the phone with Bikeman.com and he said they're not all showing on the dealer list yet. He saw the Muk2, Muk Ti and the Black Muk3 complete bikes. Still no release date from what he could tell. If someone would give a heads up on this thread when they become available, that would be awesome I'm after a black Muk3 frameset only. Been collecting parts for almost a year! Want to ride it!

mtbr member
    Your going to have to find a dealer that is willing to strip a Muk3 to get that frameset... Salsa is only selling the Muk Ti, Carbon Beargrease and the Gold Muk2 as Frameset only for 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    I just got off the phone with Bikeman.com and he said they're not all showing on the dealer list yet. He saw the Muk2, Muk Ti and the Black Muk3 complete bikes. Still no release date from what he could tell. If someone would give a heads up on this thread when they become available, that would be awesome I'm after a black Muk3 frameset only. Been collecting parts for almost a year! Want to ride it!

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    bummer...

mtbr member
    I like them all..the white rim in the black frame is cool. Kinda the opposite of my Pugsley colors
    2009 Salsa Fargo
    2012 Surly Pugsley
    2012 Cannondale SL4 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anybody have a price on the Muk Ti frameset?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenmonkey View Post
    Anybody have a price on the Muk Ti frameset?
    Pretty sure you need to talk to your dealer to get a price on any new Salsa. Same issue with Surly. It would be nice to see msrp on their web sites but I think QBP does this to send prospective customers to the dealer. Makes good business sense but I would still like to see that price on the site.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yea, even just ball park figure. If there is an msrp kickin round, my LBS is usually right there. Seriously looking at a Ti frame, but wondering how close all the options are in price. The O'Beast looks cheapest, and I really liked the feel of the one i rode. Yet to be able to demo a Mukluk, but it looks like 2013 framesets incl. fork were going for $2100+/- . Not so hot on the 2014 Muk ti colour scheme but geo change suits me fine. Damn purdy fatties...

blood in / blood out
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenmonkey View Post
    Yea, even just ball park figure. If there is an msrp kickin round, my LBS is usually right there. Seriously looking at a Ti frame, but wondering how close all the options are in price. The O'Beast looks cheapest, and I really liked the feel of the one i rode. Yet to be able to demo a Mukluk, but it looks like 2013 framesets incl. fork were going for $2100+/- . Not so hot on the 2014 Muk ti colour scheme but geo change suits me fine. Damn purdy fatties...
    Ballpark price is $2900 for TI frame and fork.
    RICOH for LIFE

just ride
    MSRP for the Mukluk Ti frame, with fork is $2299.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast