Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NMBP

2014 Fatty Rumors

So, any good rumors about 2014 fat bikes floating around yet? I would love to see an aluminum Muk with tapered steartube and through axles. An X9 11 speed drive train would be a super bonus!

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    I heard a rumor that I will be riding my fatbike all summer! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way View Post
    I heard a rumor that I will be riding my fatbike all summer! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Correct answer. Awarded one free internets.
    Fatbike Chicago on Facebook

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I talked to this guy who knows somebody who works in a shop who said both the Rockshox and Fox reps stopped in and said they will have a fatty fork for next year, no question. His cousin also knows a guy who's friends with the Specialized rep, and he heard him say that Specialized was staying out of the fatty game until they can formulate a plan to sue everyone for patent infringement. I think the latter has some credibility.

mtbr member
    I heard that perhaps Rocky Mountain Bikes are thinking about it, this year or next.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I know a guy that knows a guy who works in a bike shop that said he knows this guy that knows nothing about anything...

gone walk about
    I stayed at a holiday inn express lastnight and they too make fat bikes.
    "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK"

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Come on guys...Seriously!

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    I seriously know someone who works in a carwash that overheard someone who works for another guy who rides a bike...he heard wal-smart is selling bikes with fat tires!

All fat, all the time.
    The new hot ticket for this coming year is 1x13, and rims that are 140mm wide. New rear hubs 230mm.
    Def no suspension, everybody knows us fat bikers don't want that....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All I want to know is what the @%$@&* frame warranty will be on the soon to be released carbon Beargrease. Salsa won't say. That's news I'd like to hear!
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

Levi Early
    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot View Post
    All I want to know is what the @%$@&* frame warranty will be on the soon to be released carbon Beargrease. Salsa won't say. That's news I'd like to hear!
    I agree because that is something that I am looking to purchase.

mtbr member
    I know Trek has prototypes floating around out there, but no idea if/when they'll go into production.

mtbr member
    I heard that Surly and Salsa will not make enough of whatever it is you are looking for.

Expect a new tire that weighs less than current tires, costs more than an entry level wheel, and sells out before you've even heard of it. Also, expect that tire to be re-stocked about 3 days after you decide to buy another set of tires.

Expect at least 3 new hub widths.

Expect things to get lighter.

Expect things to get more expensive.

gone walk about
    and expect mass produced full squish by this time next yr.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    And expect diminishing returns for each additional fat-specific "innovation" put out by the industry

mtbr member
    May 2011

Re: 2014 Fatty Rumors

Expect Jebus bikes that can ride on water.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    Expect Jebus bikes that can ride on water.
    Akwakat Waterbike Conversion set NZ - the new cycle tourism adventure -

I need to get mine out now that I've got my touring bike all sorted!
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

mtbr member
    I predict I will not need to replace my moonlander because there is still room for more beef!
    2013 mongoose Fat bike
    2012 Moonlander.

http://undergroundvelo.proboards.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It is rumored that I will continue to immensely enjoy the fatbikes I already own. Strangely, I'm not even looking for any innovation at the moment. I'm good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    It is rumored that I will continue to immensely enjoy the fatbikes I already own. Strangely, I'm not even looking for any innovation at the moment. I'm good.
    Word.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member

2014 Fatty Rumors

True dat. I'm looking to improve my fatbike, but not really in any fatbike specific way. Some good light crank options in the happenings now, maybe a lighter cockpit. I guess I'm a sucker for tires, whatcha got?!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Schott View Post
    True dat. I'm looking to improve my fatbike, but not really in any fatbike specific way. Some good light crank options in the happenings now, maybe a lighter cockpit. I guess I'm a sucker for tires, whatcha got?!
    Who, me?
    I've been totally happy with my e13 cranks. Recently converted them to a double. Been running 180tpi Escalators. Love 'em, but they're pretty thin in the casing and I've taken a couple of sticks right through the middle.

Dirt Huffer
    Shimano is going to rush out with a fat XT crankset to counter Sram x9

mtbr member
    What I want to see and what I'm going to see this year are two different things.

I'm gonna see newer lighter wider.

What I want to see is supply chain problems going away. As in, if I want a tire, it's in stock. If I want a rim, it's in stock. If I want a frame, it's in stock in my size.

Seriously, I do not care if someone comes out with a 20 pound fatbike that only costs $500 bucks if no one ever has one in stock and the manufacturer only builds 10 of them.

So rather than newer, lighter, wider, let's hope for focus on the non sexy parts of fatbikes- the availability of parts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    ^^Agree!^^

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I personally think it will not be one of the big 4 full-line companies who makes the first macro fat bike, Raleigh or Jamis or somebody like that will be first. I am surpirsed there isn't a Reynolds 853 fat bike out there, or is there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobber View Post
    I personally think it will not be one of the big 4 full-line companies who makes the first macro fat bike, Raleigh or Jamis or somebody like that will be first. I am surpirsed there isn't a Reynolds 853 fat bike out there, or is there?
    When even light wheels weigh as much as a decent roadbike wheelset, saving a couple grams with slightly lighter steel is kind of a waste of money. And when you are rolling on 4" wide tires @ 8lbs of pressure, you could have a frame made out of an I-beam and it would still feel cushy.

Fat & Single
    I would love to see a big tyre manufacturer get on the fat train, Schwalbe or Maxxis would be awesome.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

I haven't had a thread rape my laugh hole like this in awhile.
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckfiddious View Post
    What I want to see and what I'm going to see this year are two different things.

I'm gonna see newer lighter wider.

What I want to see is supply chain problems going away. As in, if I want a tire, it's in stock. If I want a rim, it's in stock. If I want a frame, it's in stock in my size.

Seriously, I do not care if someone comes out with a 20 pound fatbike that only costs $500 bucks if no one ever has one in stock and the manufacturer only builds 10 of them.

So rather than newer, lighter, wider, let's hope for focus on the non sexy parts of fatbikes- the availability of parts.
    Indeed. I want the Race Face Turbine cranks in blue. Sold out... bah.

Dirt Huffer
    Quote Originally Posted by clobber View Post
    i am surpirsed there isn't a reynolds 953 fat bike out there, or is there?
    Yes please!!

Fat & Single
    Whats the fatback steelie made from ?
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Fatback had a frame made from 953 or similar. I think he just did one.

Anybody seen this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Fatty Rumors-borealis-press-release-photo-3.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Borealis

First time for me, looks good. Found some information here.
    and a video on You Tube, seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by pbasinger View Post

Anybody seen this?
    Last edited by shoo; 05-31-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: information found.
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

All fat, all the time.
    Cool, always great to see more carbon toys
    Now if we could just get a fat mojo or Tallboy ......carbon of course

Fat Biker
    Thanks Pete, you just ruined me by posting that pic.
    looks like I will get another fatty sooner than later
    Rolling on 2 Fat Tires-BlogUpdated when I feel like it or when I get mail

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    it'll be interesting to see what S does for tires, lord knows they can't be selling those things with Surly rubber

just ride
    It will be 5 years.
    Steel is Real: www.advocatecycles.com
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    X2 on the supply chain issue. It seems one has to be pretty determined to get one of these things if you live outside of "official" fat bike territory. I think components are as light as they should be already, the heavy parts of a fat bike, tires and wheels, are already at the point of sacrificing durability for weight savings. Yes, you might be able to save a pound and a half with frame materials and ultra light crank arms, but those parts won't be in stock either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    A fat S will be a joke unless they can actually bring something to the table. Rims, tires, cranks, hubs... otherwise, it's just a frame. No better than what is already out there. True, I dislike them and their business practices, but anyone entering the field now really needs to have a game changing design, otherwise they are also-rans.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryJerry View Post
    it'll be interesting to see what S does for tires, lord knows they can't be selling those things with Surly rubber

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    A fat S will be a joke unless they can actually bring something to the table. Rims, tires, cranks, hubs... otherwise, it's just a frame. No better than what is already out there. True, I dislike them and their business practices, but anyone entering the field now really needs to have a game changing design, otherwise they are also-rans.
    x1000.....

Single Speed Junkie
    Heard there was a trike fat bike in the works. Comes with colored tires as well.
    Name:  sm_waikiki_water_bike02.jpg
Views: 11338
Size:  8.3 KB

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Schott View Post
    I have the Race Face Turbine cranks and am very happy. Great looking, stiff and saved a pound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    Rims, tyres: likely to be Spesh branded.
    Cranks: SRAM
    Hubs: who knows. They've already done Stout hubs. Feed them up a bit until they become fat?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My LBS that I am very loyal to is a Spesh/Transition/Intense dealer. Usually that means waiting forever for QBP item watch tires. If I can get Specialized tires, which I've been very happy with on my Transition, but for a fat bike, I'd totally be down.
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

banned
    Aug 2012
    I heard that Duggus is psychic and the "Target HUFFY FAT BIKE" he alluded to, is actually being produces as a FULL SUSPENSION CHRISTMAS SPECIAL that will be available in Red & Green with Silver Bells, a RED Taillight up front, and it will fly.

I don't think anything special will happen, and at best there will be a trickling in of FB specific components, with greater tire choice and availability taking the lead.

And,
    Whoever mentioned Salsa & Surly not making enough bikes, earlier in the thread ... That's probably very accurate

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I picture bike company boardroom meetings where executives discuss fatbikes.

CEO: "Those things are ridiculous. Is this clownbike fad over yet?"
    Underling #1: "Uh, no, sir. Demand seems to be growing. I think we should go all in."
    CEO: "You're fired. Who's got something better?"
    Underling #2: "Um, 650B?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm with underling #1
    Mongoose product development

mtbr member
    I want to see what's going to happen with the rear hub standard. 170? 190? I'd love to get a new frame, but I'm going to wait a while and see how things shake out.
    got moto?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by skota23 View Post
    I'm with underling #1
    You're fired, too.

mtbr member
    The future for ftat bikes is normal season dirt trail riding, we need 55mm rims with 3.5 tires, 4" travel forks, 4" travel FS frame, pinion gearbox, only Nicholai would build such a bike at this time. Really we need suspension forks from major manuf. and Salsa to come through with tht spearfish prototype from last summer!?
    2015 Budnitz MTB Ti Limited 650B
    2015 Surly Instigator 2.0 26+/27.5+

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
    The future for ftat bikes is normal season dirt trail riding, we need 55mm rims with 3.5 tires, 4" travel forks, 4" travel FS frame, pinion gearbox, only Nicholai would build such a bike at this time. Really we need suspension forks from major manuf. and Salsa to come through with tht spearfish prototype from last summer!?
    Agree with everything above (except maybe the pinion gearbox thing)!

Fat & Single
    3.5" tyres and 55mm rims is not fat.

A 4" tyre on 47mm rims is only 3.4".... I have a set and have just changed them for marge lites.

Fat bikes are fat, this 29+ and all that is a halfway house, they have their place but its not fat going by what's available now.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Fat & Single
    BTW im not trying to draw the line by whats fat and whats not, but in my short time of owing fatbikes and 5 different types of tyres over 4 sets of wheels, theres a big difference of what feels fat and what feels like a big MTB wheel.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Got a confirmation from a SRAM rep the other day the RS is gonna be doing a fat fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Got a confirmation from a SRAM rep the other day the RS is gonna be doing a fat fork.
    Now that will be very interesting

mtbr member
    Someone will make rim strips for converting to tubeless much easier than Gorilla tape.

mtbr member

2014 Fatty Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by edbraunbeck View Post
    Someone will make rim strips for converting to tubeless much easier than Gorilla tape.
    Everybody makes one of those already. It's a 24" split tube.

Fat & Single
    Or 8898 strapping tape. We need a redesigned rim with a higher middle so it inflates easily.

The rockshox fork sounds good.... come on Schwalbe/Maxxis/Kenda !!! Its not going to go away you know
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    I'm hearing (seriously) that one of the big names is working on and intends to release a FS fat bike. It will likely be expensive, but they are seriously looking to jump in the deep end with both feet. I got a name, but I was drinking and the night is fuzzy, and I don't want to be wrong or let the cat out of the bag. And no, it wasn't Specialized.

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by mochunk View Post
    I'm hearing (seriously) that one of the big names is working on and intends to release a FS fat bike. It will likely be expensive, but they are seriously looking to jump in the deep end with both feet. I got a name, but I was drinking and the night is fuzzy, and I don't want to be wrong or let the cat out of the bag. And no, it wasn't Specialized.
    ahhhhhh yes tudrunk-boyz was the name.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mochunk View Post
    Honda or Kawasaki ?

Fat Biker
    KTM most likely
    Rolling on 2 Fat Tires-BlogUpdated when I feel like it or when I get mail

Eli Broccoli
    There was a FS Salsa on their blog that looked like a spearfish but tweaked (http://salsacycles.com/files/blog/FS_Fatbike-3.jpg) for the fat. That thing would rally.

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 123elizxcvbnm View Post
    There was a FS Salsa on their blog that looked like a spearfish but tweaked (http://salsacycles.com/files/blog/FS_Fatbike-3.jpg) for the fat. That thing would rally.
    Yah those are the prototypes they have kicking around (5 of them or something??)....keep bugging them about it but no word....

Salsa Full Suspension Fat Bike - prototype - YouTube

Prototype Talk: Full-Suspension Fatbike | Salsa Cycles

Stop teasing us salsa!!! I want the carrot already dammit!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    . We need a redesigned rim with a higher middle so it inflates easily.

)
    Shazzam.......it is an Uma

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    3.5" tyres and 55mm rims is not fat.

A 4" tyre on 47mm rims is only 3.4".... I have a set and have just changed them for marge lites.

Fat bikes are fat, this 29+ and all that is a halfway house, they have their place but its not fat going by what's available now.
    29+ is fat, as they can be run down to pressures way lower than any 2.35 -2,7" tyres can be

Haha great thread!, not been on here for a while as got a bit bored of the threads going round and round and round... but this one is a good un...
    Been on the UK forum since its start up but too many `Beachriding is boring` comments and weight threads, and this `trail geometery` crap folk are banging on about from the usual daily posters...
    So my prediction is next year 30lb + steel fatbikes will be uncool to ride on sand...

You will need to be riding UK trail centres and places where regular mountainbikes are better

I dont know any blokes who know any blokes who know anything... I tried to get the dudes from SURLY drunk at FORTH FAT then get some info out of them but they can party hard and never let anything slip

Me, i will still be riding old steel fatbikes on sand mostly, 29+ on trails and look forward to all the Pugsleys coming up for sale cheap
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon View Post
    It will be 5 years.
    its fat full squish times yes??

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    chequamagon was referring to the Carbon Beargrease warranty, it is 5 years. I would think full squish would be 2015 or sooner.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    its fat full squish times yes??

mtbr member
    Full suspension I think I could wait for - but I want front suspension now

mtbr member

2014 Fatty Rumors

2014 Fatty Rumors-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372303866.866221.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

2014 Fatty

This from the UK

2014 Fatty Rumors-cooker_maxi.jpg

B2
    Has this been covered yet? I just came across it.

[2013 NAHBS] Black Sheep Bikes - Titanium Fat Bike Heaven | Old Glory MTB - Mountain Biking Made In America
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Fatty Rumors-2013-nahbs-black-sheep-titanium-fatbike-2-399x600.jpg  

"Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished."...Dean Koontz

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Confirmed - "S" is releasing theirs next month.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by b2b2 View Post
    Way past rumor. Dude on this forum has one:
    Black Sheep Fat Fully

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    This from the UK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cooker_Maxi.jpg 
Views:	986 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	811394
    Looks interesting! My budget is low low low, so I am very interested to see performance and nashbar offer some entry level setups.
    Charge makes nice looking bikes too, almost pulled the trigger on a cooker when it first came out

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    I am very interested to see performance and nashbar offer some entry level setups.
    I have yet to see any of the "catalog" companies acknowledge fatbikes in any way.

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nashbar hinted on their facebook page a couple of months back.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by b2b2 View Post
    Looks like a "Noleen Crosslink" hack to me.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Fork ?
    Who's making it ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bhc View Post
    Nashbar hinted on their facebook page a couple of months back.
    Yep! They had a post on their facebook taking customer suggestions.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Specialized? Salsa? I hear the carbon Beargrease is due in October.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

Bikeradar seemed to hint at Rockshox developing a fat fork from their photo shoot/ interview with salsa on the new beargrease. Something about how it comes with the rockshox maxle and the vibe they got from Salsa.
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Fork ?
    Who's making it ?
    I hope to have some spec details after July 8th. I do know that they are not going to be using any tires currently on the market, they made their own mold.

Specialized? Salsa? I hear the carbon Beargrease is due in October.
    Specialized

Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    Bikeradar seemed to hint at Rockshox developing a fat fork from their photo shoot/ interview with salsa on the new beargrease. Something about how it comes with the rockshox maxle and the vibe they got from Salsa.
    I mentioned a ways back that RS is going to have a fat fork soon, hopefully late Sept/early Oct.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    As others are reporting here on the threads, Rock Shox is indeed doing a fork. That was confirmed by QBP employees I spoke with back in February at Frostbike. I do not know which technology they will use, but I would assume it would be a Reba type fork.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    As others are reporting here on the threads, Rock Shox is indeed doing a fork. That was confirmed by QBP employees I spoke with back in February at Frostbike. I do not know which technology they will use, but I would assume it would be a Reba type fork.
    good to hear as it will find it's way to the Salsa full suss proto and they won't have any more excuses not to release it.

get down!
    Carver will have a fat suspension fork out in a month they said. MSRP is $599 I believe.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Harmonius Wrench
    I don't suppose there is any chance it might be offered with a straight 1 1/8th steer tube, is there?
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

get down!
    ^probably not, but who knows.

I asked them if they had a tapered carbon fork in the works and they said sometime down the line. BUT it will be 15qr when they do so it likely will be some time down the road.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by appleSSeed View Post
    Carver will have a fat suspension fork out in a month they said. MSRP is $599 I believe.
    Wow. Based on the MSRP, that's going to be a solid, well engineered product that will be reliable and nice.

mtbr member
    So speaking of 2014 fat bike stuff. Amid all the Special Ed/Trek/Norco/KHS hubbub I haven't heard of anything really much coming out of QBP via Surly or Salsa except the carbon Beargrease. Usually there are some new tires and other bling to buy. There have been some minor model tweaks, but it seems pretty quiet at QBP.

Did I miss something?

We've been hearing rumours of a fat suspension fork from RS and that Salsa will put out a FS fatty. Has anything solidified there for this winter or is that likely to happen later in 2014 or even really be a 2015 product development?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Aug 2006

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Adventure View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    So speaking of 2014 fat bike stuff. Amid all the Special Ed/Trek/Norco/KHS hubbub I haven't heard of anything really much coming out of QBP via Surly or Salsa except the carbon Beargrease. Usually there are some new tires and other bling to buy. There have been some minor model tweaks, but it seems pretty quiet at QBP.

Did I miss something?
    I mentioned that bike and was asking about anything else.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Aug 2006
    From the article:

"A company spokesperson confirmed that Salsa is moving forward with its full-suspension fat bike project. Yes, you read that correctly. Salsa teased the behemoth on its blog early last year, and feedback was overwhelming but the project appeared to come to a standstill.

The source of the delay appears to have been two-fold: the incorporation of Dave Weagle’s Split Pivot suspension into the design, and the lack of suitable suspension forks from the top manufacturers. This is pure speculation, but the fact that SRAM is producing fat bike components could signal that its suspension arm, RockShox, will fill the void in the near future"

mtbr member
    From the article:

"A company spokesperson confirmed that Salsa is moving forward with its full-suspension fat bike project. Yes, you read that correctly. Salsa teased the behemoth on its blog early last year, and feedback was overwhelming but the project appeared to come to a standstill.

The source of the delay appears to have been two-fold: the incorporation of Dave Weagle’s Split Pivot suspension into the design, and the lack of suitable suspension forks from the top manufacturers. This is pure speculation, but the fact that SRAM is producing fat bike components could signal that its suspension arm, RockShox, will fill the void in the near future"
    Thanks - but that's not news. What I am asking is will this be a 2014 bike or is it moving forward for a 2015 release.

I know there is a FS fatty in the works. I know RS has a fat fork in the works. 2014 or 2015?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Aug 2006
    Ok.

Seeing as how most brands have launched their 2014 lines, my money is on 2015.

mtbr member
    Ok.

Seeing as how most brands have launched their 2014 lines, my money is on 2015.
    I'd agree and that's my observation - that unless I missed something this is going to be a fatbike light year at QBP in terms of new products.

It's interesting that as the other brands are about to enter the market in force QBP is taking a break from making a bunch of updates and launching new products.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Is Singular coming out with a fat frame? I thought I read that somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast