Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2014 Fatty Rumors

24K views 107 replies 54 participants last post by  nvphatty 
#1 ·
So, any good rumors about 2014 fat bikes floating around yet? I would love to see an aluminum Muk with tapered steartube and through axles. An X9 11 speed drive train would be a super bonus!

#85 ·
Bikeradar seemed to hint at Rockshox developing a fat fork from their photo shoot/ interview with salsa on the new beargrease. Something about how it comes with the rockshox maxle and the vibe they got from Salsa.

#93 ·
So speaking of 2014 fat bike stuff. Amid all the Special Ed/Trek/Norco/KHS hubbub I haven't heard of anything really much coming out of QBP via Surly or Salsa except the carbon Beargrease. Usually there are some new tires and other bling to buy. There have been some minor model tweaks, but it seems pretty quiet at QBP.

Did I miss something?

We've been hearing rumours of a fat suspension fork from RS and that Salsa will put out a FS fatty. Has anything solidified there for this winter or is that likely to happen later in 2014 or even really be a 2015 product development?

#95 ·
So speaking of 2014 fat bike stuff. Amid all the Special Ed/Trek/Norco/KHS hubbub I haven't heard of anything really much coming out of QBP via Surly or Salsa except the carbon Beargrease. Usually there are some new tires and other bling to buy. There have been some minor model tweaks, but it seems pretty quiet at QBP.

Did I miss something?
I mentioned that bike and was asking about anything else. :confused::confused:

#96 ·
From the article:

"A company spokesperson confirmed that Salsa is moving forward with its full-suspension fat bike project. Yes, you read that correctly. Salsa teased the behemoth on its blog early last year, and feedback was overwhelming but the project appeared to come to a standstill.

The source of the delay appears to have been two-fold: the incorporation of Dave Weagle’s Split Pivot suspension into the design, and the lack of suitable suspension forks from the top manufacturers. This is pure speculation, but the fact that SRAM is producing fat bike components could signal that its suspension arm, RockShox, will fill the void in the near future"

#97 ·
From the article:

"A company spokesperson confirmed that Salsa is moving forward with its full-suspension fat bike project. Yes, you read that correctly. Salsa teased the behemoth on its blog early last year, and feedback was overwhelming but the project appeared to come to a standstill.

The source of the delay appears to have been two-fold: the incorporation of Dave Weagle's Split Pivot suspension into the design, and the lack of suitable suspension forks from the top manufacturers. This is pure speculation, but the fact that SRAM is producing fat bike components could signal that its suspension arm, RockShox, will fill the void in the near future"
Thanks - but that's not news. What I am asking is will this be a 2014 bike or is it moving forward for a 2015 release.

I know there is a FS fatty in the works. I know RS has a fat fork in the works. 2014 or 2015?

#99 ·
I'd agree and that's my observation - that unless I missed something this is going to be a fatbike light year at QBP in terms of new products.

It's interesting that as the other brands are about to enter the market in force QBP is taking a break from making a bunch of updates and launching new products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.