Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 190mm hubs?

mtbr member

190mm hubs?

With Fatback and 907 confirming new 190 rear bikes coming very soon. Has anyone heard of any manufacturers making 190mm hubs other than Fatback and 907? Hopefully available before fall.....this year!
    The LPG

ouch....
    Who knows....
    You finally get some bigger guys like Hope stepping up & making a nice 170mm, now here comes wider....
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Borealis is supposed to be offering some, but I don't know if they are available yet:

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Specialized

Word on the snow here in Alaska is that Specialized will be using a 190 rear, so look for a more common hub maker to step up soon.

Not sure what spacing Kona will be using but hopefully they will also bring more options to the table.

Stay tuned

Thumper
    Borealis 190mm, 15mm thru axle, XX1: www.borealisbikes.com/parts/hubs/
    9 Zero & 190mm 12mm thru axle XX1: coming soon
    Fatback 190mm qr axle unknown XX1: coming soon

Trick now is getting the axle to match your frame if you stray from a brand.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

190mm hubs?

Hope seem to be coming out with some - heard from Sideways Cycles that they'll be here in a month.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/09/09/...s-lights-more/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm how far behind?
    I'm looking for for a 15 mm through axle for either 170 or 190. Still haven't made my mind up on spacing yet, need to work that one out with the builder. I was looking at my fox skewer on my mtb, doesn't look to hard to lengthen with a new skewer using the old throw. Either way I go, I will take 4 please. Two with xx1 drivers and 2 single speed or I can space out the xx1 on 2 of them for ss use.
    Fatter than most.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Has your builder done many 15mm rears? On most bike frames the rear is 10mm, a few are 12mm but I have never seen 15mm rear.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    I'm looking for for a 15 mm through axle for either 170 or 190. Still haven't made my mind up on spacing yet, need to work that one out with the builder. I was looking at my fox skewer on my mtb, doesn't look to hard to lengthen with a new skewer using the old throw. Either way I go, I will take 4 please. Two with xx1 drivers and 2 single speed or I can space out the xx1 on 2 of them for ss use.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ordered from them two weeks ago with an alleged dispatch time of 2 or 3 days. Two days ago I inquired about the status but have not heard back. Hmmm, maybe cycle sports uk is advertising a not yet released product. If They can't be contacted, the credit card payment may have to be reversed.

Granted, a delay is somewhat expected when ordering internationally for a non-stock product that is quite new. My fingers are crossed that the hope 190mm hubs actually are available.

Edit:

lol, 5 minutes after posting this they emailed me back. Thanks! My first email probably just fell through the cracks, which I completely understand having done that myself uncountable times.

Word is that the hope hubs are slow in coming from the factory to the shop but are still expected within a few days. The shop obviously can't do any better then that so I'll just have to patiently wait.

Nuts
    Two weeks ago QBP had the 190 Hope hubs in stock in black at least and not sure about other colors, guess you should have went to you lbs.
    And I love beer!!

I'm how far behind?
    My builder ordered up 4, 197 hubs from Industry 9 a couple of weeks ago for my project. In stock as of then, haven't seen them yet as I won't be in the que until April. Builder really liked the quality and weight of them.
    Fatter than most.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I would have but was under the impression they weren't available for distribution in the US yet. Heck, according to hope's website, they don't even exist at all.

turtles make me hot
    I just built a set of wheels last night with a 190mm Hope rear.
    Picking up another one Saturday.
    I like turtles

mtbr member

190mm hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Total coincidence. I just had a set built. Straight as an arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

190mm hubs?

FYI peeps 135mmx10mm end caps fit on 190 hopes and the 100mmx9mm will most likely fit on the 135 front hubs too as the regular qr and 15mm ones fit. I will hopefully be using fatback 10mm rear and 9mm front skewers. I just can't stand to see those tiny little QR's on a fatty for some reason. They seem so 1989 to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Care to share some detail other than just torturing us?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubz View Post
    FYI peeps 135mmx10mm end caps fit on 190 hopes and the 100mmx9mm will most likely fit on the 135 front hubs too as the regular qr and 15mm ones fit. I will hopefully be using fatback 10mm rear and 9mm front skewers.
    I assume then that the 190mm and 170mm hope hubs are fairly different in construction? I would love to do a 10mm TA but heard that the design of the 170mm had no solution for 10TA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    My understanding is that the original fatsno hubs were different than the rest of the hope hubs. However the newest version corrected this so that the end caps are interchangeable with all the other hope hubs.

Granted, I don't think there is a 170x10mm through axle version. If really motivated and depending on your frame, you could use a 12mm axle and enlarge the dropouts. The amount of metal removed to do that would be very minimal, just 1mm off the inside edge.

turtles make me hot
    I'm not sure if they updated the design of the 170's. The 190's are exactly as convertible as other Hope hubs.
    I hope they did update the 170. I have a frame I'd like to make 29+.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I think the 170 hubs were changed as well but contacting hope directly would be adviseable.

I contacted them with a number of questions on the 190 hubs and pointed out that their website was incorrect. While the reply had some of the necessary details, it didn't seem like they were too interested in fixing the website. Since then, I think some of the website has been corrected.
    Pro 2 Evo Fatsno Hubs - Pro 2 Evo Fatsno Hubs - Product Details
    Or at least they added a sentence about the 190 and 197 axle options. The description tab was updated but not the specifications tab. The technical tab is empty, with no pdf to download. Ironically, somewhere on the web I ran across the pdf that should be there. Sorry, I can't remember where.

Or you could trust retail websites that are claiming 40 tooth engagement on 170 fatsno hubs. Is it correct in assuming that 40 tooth means the newer version?
    BTI | products matching "fatsno"
    Hope Pro 2 Evo Fatsno Disc Rear Hub 32H | Hubs | - Cycle Sports UK

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
    Care to share some detail other than just torturing us?
    What do you want to know? I'm saying I've had access to 190mm Hope hubs.
    I build wheels for a fatbike shop.
    https://www.facebook.com/11133849233...type=1&theater
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    What do you want to know?
    Do the 190 hubs have the newer 40-tooth engagement ring?
    I think the old ones had 24.
    Thanks!

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by CJones View Post
    Do the 190 hubs have the newer 40-tooth engagement ring?
    I think the old ones had 24.
    Thanks!
    Know what? I just laced em up. Didn't even think to look. I'm picking up some more tomorrow morning. I'll look... Or as soon as vdubz wakes up, maybe he can check. I sent him a text.
    I like turtles

mtbr member

190mm hubs?

Know what? I just laced em up. Didn't even think to look. I'm picking up some more tomorrow morning. I'll look... Or as soon as vdubz wakes up, maybe he can check. I sent him a text.
    I wake up and think dammit these guys are gonna make me go out to my garage. Then I realize that my bike is in my dining room and I'm not married anymore. I also realized its Friday so naturally I'm like......
    I'll pop it off in a little bit. Haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast