Thread: Yoji!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Yoji!

Well, after finding an amazing deal on a bike for my oldest daugher (20" haro flightline for $30) I was psyched to get a real one for her sister. After a couple misconnections on a used banshee and cnoc 16, I decided to just bite the bullet and buy new. I put it together immediately with the exception of a small delay figuring out how to tilt the super sweet (suede!) saddle. My daughter loves it, and hopefully we'll hit our first "trail" tomorrow. I was shocked how quick she got the hang of the hand brakes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Whoa; spawn released new bikes! My daughters have both outgrown a v1.0 gremlin, and we still have a v2.0 banshee. Anyone know the differences between the yoji and the furi/banshee? Sounds like even lighter (!!), but otherwise pretty close.

Which is not a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    It is lighter, a bit over 14 lbs for the yogi. Less spokes in the wheels (from what I could tell in the photos), lighter saddle, narrower fork stanchions. Single cog cassette, and smaller chainring. The weight and the expanded gearing flexibility sold me on the yoji.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, the v1.0 bikes had WAY too many spokes. Did you get the 14" or 16"? If the 16, what's the hub spacing? I was able to find a 5-speed Sturmey Archer hub that fit our Banshee perfectly, which was an awesome upgrade. I forget what it was, exactly, but 110mm or something sounds about right.

Yoji!-banshee_srf5-8.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    That's neat. What's going on with that cable to the rear axle? 16" Yoji, not sure on the hub spacing.

Did some greenway riding followed by singletrack followed by pump track today. Got ravaged by mosquitoes in the singletrack which detracted from that experience, but other than that I was amazed at how well Ana did today on the Yoji. She got the hang of the pump track quicker than her big sister.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeballs View Post
    That's neat. What's going on with that cable to the rear axle? 16" Yoji, not sure on the hub spacing.
    That's the shifter cable for the SA hub.

Members who have read this thread: 30