Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10

    Where to find Gary Fisher Precaliber?

    Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum, but thought this might be the best place to start. I know that the Gary Fisher bikes have been discontinued, but do any of you know where I might be able to find a 24" or 20" Precaliber?

    My nine year old is outgrowing the 20", and so I'd like to bump her up, and the 20" will be the "grow into bike" for my other children (ages 6, 5, and 3). If you all know of any new or used Gary Fisher Precaliber bikes, I'd love to know! Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha_r_l View Post
    Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum, but thought this might be the best place to start. I know that the Gary Fisher bikes have been discontinued, but do any of you know where I might be able to find a 24" or 20" Precaliber?

    My nine year old is outgrowing the 20", and so I'd like to bump her up, and the 20" will be the "grow into bike" for my other children (ages 6, 5, and 3). If you all know of any new or used Gary Fisher Precaliber bikes, I'd love to know! Thanks!
    I have a 20" precal (white/blue) for sale. Great cond! Sure wish they still made these. Pm me if interested.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I have a 20" precal (white/blue) for sale. Great cond! Sure wish they still made these. Pm me if interested.
    I do, I tried to PM you i'm too new to send PM Would you PM me?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc1 View Post
    I have a 20" precal (white/blue) for sale. Great cond! Sure wish they still made these. Pm me if interested.
    Do you still have this? I'm looking all over for a blue Precaliber 20" SS for my son (brothers both have them in their favorite colors!) Oh, please say you do!!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    We are selling a Gary fisher pre caliber 20. Send me heads up if your interested.

    I can sehd you pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by samantha_r_l View Post
    Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum, but thought this might be the best place to start. I know that the Gary Fisher bikes have been discontinued, but do any of you know where I might be able to find a 24" or 20" Precaliber?

    My nine year old is outgrowing the 20", and so I'd like to bump her up, and the 20" will be the "grow into bike" for my other children (ages 6, 5, and 3). If you all know of any new or used Gary Fisher Precaliber bikes, I'd love to know! Thanks!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Belatu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    36

    Where to find Gary Fisher Precaliber?

    Instead of starting a new thread, I will just add to this one. WTB Precaliber 24 frame or complete.

    The Trek LBS says they never see these come back as trade ins. I have monitored Craigslist for months and never see them. Why? Are they being hoarded, do they break, or are they just that rare?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,261
    I think ppl keep them for younger kids, or pass to friends/families with kids. Hell I rarely see brand name kids bikes on CL, if they are its 99% of the time 16" stuff. Except like my sons bike, caught it for dirt cheap few weeks before his bday.

    TBH if you have the coin, Trek makes some awesome new 20 and 24" bikes, superfly series. Kids bikes that are actually worth paying the premium for (the MT series is almost as bad as walmart bikes in weight and component level)
    Trek Marlin 29er

    Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I think ppl keep them for younger kids, or pass to friends/families with kids. Hell I rarely see brand name kids bikes on CL, if they are its 99% of the time 16" stuff. Except like my sons bike, caught it for dirt cheap few weeks before his bday.

    TBH if you have the coin, Trek makes some awesome new 20 and 24" bikes, superfly series. Kids bikes that are actually worth paying the premium for (the MT series is almost as bad as walmart bikes in weight and component level)
    You might also look at the Kona Shred & Redline Conquest 20, both great bikes of different breeds. Islabikes benienn should be on list too.
    Titus X Carbon
    Schwinn Prologue
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Orbea Lobular CX

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Belatu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    36

    Where to find Gary Fisher Precaliber?

    Yeah, I have studied the field of 24" bikes. Even the best new bikes have things I would want to change. Of the common bikes that can be found used, I think the Precaliber has the best geometry and is a good starting point for a build project. My oldest has a few more months before his 20" starts to be too small, so I have some time to find one of these frames. If anyone has one available, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Belatu; 1 Week Ago at 02:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •