Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where to find Gary Fisher Precaliber?

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  tornado917 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum, but thought this might be the best place to start. I know that the Gary Fisher bikes have been discontinued, but do any of you know where I might be able to find a 24" or 20" Precaliber?

My nine year old is outgrowing the 20", and so I'd like to bump her up, and the 20" will be the "grow into bike" for my other children (ages 6, 5, and 3). If you all know of any new or used Gary Fisher Precaliber bikes, I'd love to know! Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum, but thought this might be the best place to start. I know that the Gary Fisher bikes have been discontinued, but do any of you know where I might be able to find a 24" or 20" Precaliber?

My nine year old is outgrowing the 20", and so I'd like to bump her up, and the 20" will be the "grow into bike" for my other children (ages 6, 5, and 3). If you all know of any new or used Gary Fisher Precaliber bikes, I'd love to know! Thanks!
I have a 20" precal (white/blue) for sale. Great cond! Sure wish they still made these. Pm me if interested.

#5 ·
We are selling a Gary fisher pre caliber 20. Send me heads up if your interested.

I can sehd you pictures

#6 ·
Instead of starting a new thread, I will just add to this one. WTB Precaliber 24 frame or complete.

The Trek LBS says they never see these come back as trade ins. I have monitored Craigslist for months and never see them. Why? Are they being hoarded, do they break, or are they just that rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I think ppl keep them for younger kids, or pass to friends/families with kids. Hell I rarely see brand name kids bikes on CL, if they are its 99% of the time 16" stuff. Except like my sons bike, caught it for dirt cheap few weeks before his bday.

TBH if you have the coin, Trek makes some awesome new 20 and 24" bikes, superfly series. Kids bikes that are actually worth paying the premium for (the MT series is almost as bad as walmart bikes in weight and component level)

#8 ·
I think ppl keep them for younger kids, or pass to friends/families with kids. Hell I rarely see brand name kids bikes on CL, if they are its 99% of the time 16" stuff. Except like my sons bike, caught it for dirt cheap few weeks before his bday.

TBH if you have the coin, Trek makes some awesome new 20 and 24" bikes, superfly series. Kids bikes that are actually worth paying the premium for (the MT series is almost as bad as walmart bikes in weight and component level)
You might also look at the Kona Shred & Redline Conquest 20, both great bikes of different breeds. Islabikes benienn should be on list too.

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I have studied the field of 24" bikes. Even the best new bikes have things I would want to change. Of the common bikes that can be found used, I think the Precaliber has the best geometry and is a good starting point for a build project. My oldest has a few more months before his 20" starts to be too small, so I have some time to find one of these frames. If anyone has one available, send me a PM.

#10 ·
20" Gary Fisher Precaliber SS bikes for sale

I have two 20" Gary Fisher Precaliber SS bikes for sale. One is yellow (gold) and the other is fuchsia (pink). Both stock and in great shape. I paid $300 each brand new and I'm asking $150 each, gently used. I have pics if you'd like to contact me directly at mtbr at five forty dot com or 650-999-0253.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.