mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Wee Ride + Nutcase = Wicked good

Embarking on our second spring together we set up a MTB with a Wee Ride and Nutcase Xsmall helmet. Lots of fun the first time out, reasonable for 5+ mile rides, and I really like how the little one is tucked securely between my arms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wee Ride + Nutcase = Wicked good-img_0613.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Pacifiers. It's like crack for babies. Very tough to ween them off it. Looks fun.

mtbr member
    Hello, cute kid you got there, I am looking at getting a wee ride but am worried my knees will hit it and also don't know if the wife will be able to use it by herself when I'm working. I am torn a wee ride and a rear mount seat. So could you share you opions please, thanks in advance

Shawn

mtbr member
    Rear mounts are no good. Kid can't see and the bikes balance is off. My kid does the shifting for me and has the wind in her face. I have to run the seat lower and got a little sore from the different position on the bike. Lots of fun.
    milesW

mtbr member
    I own both the Wee-Ride and the I-Bert seat, and they are both awesome products which I highly recommend. I prefer the Wee-Ride because the center of gravity is further back than with the Ibert (helpful if you're going offroad) and it doesn't affect your steering at all. I'm going to miss the Wee-Ride days though. I just ordered a trail-a-bike cause we've just about outgrown the wee-ride, so hopefully UPS moves quick. We're both excited about it. My son and I spent 2 fun years on this thing, and we must have ridden over 1000 miles together on the streets and offroad. Your legs do have to adjust slightly due to knees brushing against the seat, but it's not that drastic. I was even able to ride the seat while clipped in with SPDs and Time Atac pedals. A little sacrifice for an awesome time with your kid is totally worth it!

This was last summer, 2009.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for sharing. How old is your son there? Mine is 9 months old and I'm just about to pull the trigger on a bike seat for him so would be great to get an idea of how long I'll be able to use it for

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_M
    Thanks for sharing. How old is your son there? Mine is 9 months old and I'm just about to pull the trigger on a bike seat for him so would be great to get an idea of how long I'll be able to use it for
    He was almost 3 in that picture. We started riding when he was 1. The seat looks tiny at first and you wonder how in the world theyre going to fit, but once you try it you'll see that their mini bodies fit in just right.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have to agree about the front mounted child seats, so much better than the old rear mounted ones. I found that with a cheap handlebar mirror zip tied to the padded "dash board" I was able to see the look on thier face, and they could also see mine. They would also move it around when they got bored. ( it was a flexable h-bar mirror). I put the seat on my bmx, for the sk8 park, xc bike, for going everywhere, AM bike for trails, and of course on my dh bike ( v-10) for shuttle runs of seymore, or the trails at simon fraser university ( vancouver). The long travel bike was definetly the most fun for both of us, but WAY more work if on flat terrain, but even steep, or rough DH trails were no problem. Don't forget about the "run" bikes, both of my kids used them, and no training wheels neccessary!

Birdman aka JMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hags707
    Hello, cute kid you got there, I am looking at getting a wee ride but am worried my knees will hit it and also don't know if the wife will be able to use it by herself when I'm working. I am torn a wee ride and a rear mount seat. So could you share you opions please, thanks in advance

Shawn
    Check out the LOCT as well.

LOCT first ride with pix

JMJ

more carbon=more awesome
    My 2 1/2 year old loves the Weeride. We've had it since he turned 1, and he seemed to like it then, but he never held on, so I had to be careful not to hit his face on the front pad if we hit a bump. I can't unclip from my pedals with it on, so I have to change to flat pedals, and I do have to ride with my knees out a bit, but it's no biggie.
    One recommendation for any front-mount seat is to get an adjustable height seatpost. I use a 4" drop Gravity Dropper with 1" drop option. I can put both feet on the ground when we stop and then move it up to the 1" drop position when riding. Definitely makes things safer.

b.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.