Thread: Trek Skye

mtbr member

Trek Skye

Both my girls (ages 11 and 9) had outgrown their old bikes and I was struggling with what to buy them. My younger daughter wasn't experienced in riding and in fact had she just recently dumped her training wheels, but I knew she would out grow a 24" by next summer (or sooner). I was worried about the size and weight of a larger bike combined with her lack of confidence. And, I couldn't buy the older one a nice new bike without getting something for the other. Anyway, after visiting a couple of shops on a rainy Saturday, we ended up picking up 2 Trek Skyes (13"). The girls absolutely love them which makes me very happy.

That was two months ago....last weekend, I took them on their first trail ride. Even with it being 100 degrees out, we had a blast. At times, the younger one needed some help getting started on uneven ground, but it was more of a confidence issue than anything else.

They did great!!

(click to play video)
    Last edited by egapal; 07-10-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: replaced video link

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Great video and you can see that they enjoyed it in their smiles and eyes.

mtbr member
    Wonderful friend! my daughter has one waiting for when she is off the 24 inch and is 9. Great bikes and good trade in values from trek when they outgrow those, our Trek dealer gave 60% of the previous bikes value back against a new ones.