mtbr member
    Jan 2017

Thule strollers: thoughts?

Hi everyone,

Haven't been here for a while. Since then, our family has extended and now I'm a dad of a 7-months old boy. I was looking at those Thule strollers thinking maybe it's a good idea to start taking my son with me using this device? Yet, Thule does not seem to say, since which age kids are allowed to travel this way. They have only weight capacity listed. Does it mean that the age won't matter?
    Also, is are these trollers safe to use? Lastly, let me ask you folks, maybe someone has got experience with these strollers, please share your thoughts. What are their drawbacks? Do you think it's a good thing to buy?....
    Any input is appreciated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I don't know much about them. But I know there are several reviews online for trailers that might be helpful.

https://twowheelingtots.com/bike-trailer-comparisons/

https://rascalrides.com/category/bike-trailers/

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I started taking my daughters out at 6 months but we used a bob revolution as a strict running stroller. By the time my youngest was about 15 months old I picked up a Chariot Cougar 2 and was using it primarily as a bike trailer. The running stroller attachment just wasn't as slick. I guess it depends on what you really plan to use it for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Thanks for replying, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruzBradley View Post
    I started taking my daughters out at 6 months I guess it depends on what you really plan to use it for.
    So 6 months is okay, thanks for telling me. That's what I thought.
    I guess it depends on what you really plan to use it for.
    Sure thing, I do not plan any kind of extreme adventures with a kid in a stroller. Nothing like that until he gets at least 7-8 y.o. lol
    I picked up a Chariot Cougar 2 and was using it primarily as a bike trailer.
    That's the Chariot you picked, right? https://www.recreationid.com/thule/t...532355362.html I just need it for 1 kid....
    Quote Originally Posted by SactoGeoff View Post
    But I know there are several reviews online for trailers that might be helpful.
    Thanks for sharing, man. You can never read too few reviews lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I picked up a Chariot Cougar 2 (before Thule bought them out) for my newborn 4 years ago off Kijiji for $250. They're crazy expensive brand new, buy used if you can find a decently priced one and they hold their value really well.

You can buy an infant sling for them - she was in that until she was able to support her neck and a few months after that - I believe up to 14 months if I remember right.

That was our "stroller" for long walks, light hikes, and general "let's go out" duty. She much preferred that to a modern stroller or umbrella stroller because she liked to be enclosed in the Chariot.

The most extreme stuff we did was zig-zagging in the stroller.. she really enjoyed that. We did a few multi-use dirt paths and the suspension in the Chariot was enough to dampen the bumps. If you do get one, consider one with suspension. It really helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Thanks for the recommendation, @RX93. Will definitely pay attention at the suspension. As for the price, I was also considering a used one, as you are right, the prices for these things are crazy. Thanks for replying, man, have a good one.