mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Spinner Grind A/C Length

Would anyone happen to know the axel to crown length of a 65mm (24") Spinner Grind?

I have a Shred 24 on the way, and will be modifying a fork to replace the Spinner.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NS-NV View Post
    Would anyone happen to know the axel to crown length of a 65mm (24") Spinner Grind?

I have a Shred 24 on the way, and will be modifying a fork to replace the Spinner.

Thanks
    Been thinking about one of these for my little guy. When you get it, do you mind taking a bone stock weight? My son is 52 pounds, hefting a 28 pound 24" bike probably won't work. What fork you modding too BTW? Be sure to post pics when it's done! We are a little ways out, but just starting to research bikes. Many Thanks!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    According to the Spinner website, it's 2050g.

Based on the performance of the 20" version on his current bike, they are useless.

I have a 44rc3 ti, that can be lowered, and run without a spring. My only issue is that I'd like to get about 80-100mm of travel, but do not want to increase the a/c length (over the spinner) by more than 40mm. Not sure of that will be possible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NS-NV View Post
    According to the Spinner website, it's 2050g.

Based on the performance of the 20" version on his current bike, they are useless.

I have a 44rc3 ti, that can be lowered, and run without a spring. My only issue is that I'd like to get about 80-100mm of travel, but do not want to increase the a/c length (over the spinner) by more than 40mm. Not sure of that will be possible.
    There not that heavy, something like 1680 grams. If I get time later tomorrow I'll weigh & measure the AC.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks. Although I am a bit of a weight weinie, I'm not too concerned about the weight. Performance is the concern.

On the 20" version, my son gets the worst hand cramps when we shuttle or hit the bike park. I can hear him bottoming out the fork regularly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    There are also 2 sources on here for 24 inch air forks. I bought one for my son's 24inch Marin
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass
    12 TallboyC Frame for Sale-Large

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Spinner Grind 24 with 65mm travel has an A to C of 415mm. The fork weighs 1680 grams.
    Running a Sid Carbon Race 80mm travel, A to C is 445mm, fork on my son's Spark RC 24. He loved the slacker head angle with the Sid. Said it was more stable on fast rocky/rooty downhills, was better on the wooden features and didn't hurt climbing any. Keep in mind its actually not really 30mm difference, because now with a good air fork you can set rider sag, so its probably more 15 or 20mm difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks a lot!