mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Spawn Savage 20"

Me like. My son is gonna be on his Banshee for a few years but this likely will be the next step if he's still into biking. There's always the Islabikes 20" too, I guess it depends on what kinda riding he's into.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Here's a photo of one of our upcoming 20" bikes, the Savage 2.0. It's in production and we will be starting a pre-sale online at Spawn Cycles | The World's Best Kids' Bikes! in the next couple of weeks. It's running an air/oil fork, hydraulic disks, SRAM X7 drivetrain and weighs in at a svelte 22 lbs. The Savage 1.0, a 20 lbs rigid fork version with v-brakes and X3 is also currently in production. We're hoping to be shipping them in late October or early November in time for Christmas.
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Mmm. We'll be getting a Banshee within the next 9 months as my oldest grows taller and my youngest gets big enough for the Gremlin we already have. We'll have to see if they're still into bikes in a couple of years, but this is definitely on my watchlist for the future.

Anyone know if the 20" Islabikes finally ditch the darn coaster brake? If not, then that'll be out for my girls; the hand brakes work so much better. Well, the ability to back-pedal is the real reason the hand brakes rule, but you can't get a freewheel with a coaster brake.