mtbr member

Scott Scale JR 24": 75% complete!!!

Ok- I have been building my 9 yr olds Son new ride- Scott Scale Jr......

I tried to take the good and take off the heavy...so far so good, but I still have some more tweeks to make for fitment and WW stuff..... thanks to Nino for the format on his sons bike! So far it weights 20.75lbs

I pulled of the Spinner fork and added a '98 Sid with adapter to use the 24", Avid Mag brakes and levers, Middleburn 160mm ISIS cranks with 2x9, Dura Ace short cage rear der., shorty 50mm stem, Moe Joe tires, King HS.......still to do- ISIS Ti BB, Lighter tubes, lighter stem & seatpost, and possibly Grip shift shifters (depending on how my son gets on with triggers)....My son has yet to see the bike yet, but that will change tomorrow and we will get to see how close or how far away it is from being finished.....anyway here are some pictures so far- sorry for the crappy cell phone pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    That is just sweet. Im lightening up my daughters full suspension right now. Im trying to get it under 30 lbs. What tubes and tires are you running? What do they weigh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    That is just sweet. Im lightening up my daughters full suspension right now. Im trying to get it under 30 lbs. What tubes and tires are you running? What do they weigh?
    I'm using Schwalbe Mow Joe's which are 400gs and standard tubes(until I find something lighter- or try a tubeless convert, but I'm kinda doubtful on the tubeless?)

mtbr member
    I surprised my son today with his new bike- he was thrilled! Had to make a few adjustments and throw on Grip shift so he could shift- the triggers were just too long a throw to be able to use them...we hit some single track and he just took off- it was amazing to see what a weight appropriate ride makes in riding, he was flattening the hills and swooping the singletrack-and he was just soo excited in his performace..we are going again tomorrow- but he asked that we go for longer and harder trails...what a reward for both of us!

mtbr member
    Intense makes some light 24" tubes.

Which Moe Joes? 24x1.85 420g? The tread pattern looks different on their website. The front and rear tires look different.
    Last edited by kntr; 10-10-2009 at 08:01 PM.