mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Scott Nitrous jr 20

Curious if anyone has any experience with a Scott Nitrous 20?

Looking for a FS bike for my 5 year old. He currently rides a sub 20 lbs Hotrock that I built up for him with nice parts (there is a thread on this list serve about that build). I was thinking I could put together a FS frame as a more DH bike for the little guy. And the Nitrous seems to have disc brake tabs, so it would be easy to set up with disc brakes.

Mostly curious if anyone knows if the Scott Nitrous frame is worthy of the time and $$ for a complete rebuild, or if I should hold out for a Scott Spark (or Little Shredder).

And I know some people feel a FS frame and disc brakes aren't worth while for a 5 year old, but I'm not starting this thread to discuss that topic. Just looking for anyone who knows anything about this frame. thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Couldn't get my wife to bite, and the bike sold on CL before I could nab it this weekend, so.... Guess this is a moot question now.

Still hunting for that great FS frame to build up a 20" wheeled bike for the little guy. If you've got a frame like that (Scott Spark or....?) lemme know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I think if you and your boy ride enough, and the he is small enough (for 15.5" TT) them you are not going to get much better bike then the Little Shredder IMHO.