mtbr member

RST Capa and Spinner Grind 20

Hi all,
    Sorry if these have been answered already - did a little searching and didn't see it:
    1) why is the Spinner Grind 20 not available (on eBay) to US residents? Moreover, anyone figure out a way to buy one anyway?
    2) why in the world are the RST Capas on eBay sold without steerers? Moreover, anyone figure out what to do for a steerer?
    Thanks!

Looking to do some upgrades to my 8 year old's 20" hardtail (Performance brand). He's small for his age, so a 24" would be too big. The (RST?) shock on the front absolutely sucks - no rebound being the worst part. He's progressing enough I want to upgrade a few more things including that fork.

I'm considering just getting a Scott Spark 20 though at this point - if I can find/order one... Would love to get him a Lil Shredder, but my money tree in the back yard isn't producing anything yet.

turtles make me hot
    My son had a GF Precaliber when he fit a 20" bike. The fork that came on it was absolute garbage.
    I noticed in the bike shop that the Specialized Hotrocks had RST Capas on them that at least compressed with kid weight on them. They were able to get me one with steerer attached for 50 bucks.
    The Ebay ones use a bolt on steerer.
    I almost bought one of those for his current 24" bike, but ended up going with a 26" Manitou instead.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    There steerers are seperate so you can choose 1" or 1.125" etc. Universal has the steerers and the 20".
    Universal Cycles -- RST Steerer Tubes for RST Forks
    Universal Cycles -- RST Capa T10 20" Fork
    Work to Ride - Ride to Work
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing...