mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Resellabilty of a pink Spawn Furi

So my daughter is turning 3 next month and it's time for a pedal bike. My son started on a 12" Hotwalk and I hated the Q factor, and the coaster brake, and the geometry, and the weight, and the 12" wheels.

She's big enough for a Furi, or a IslaBike CNOC 14, etc, and I am thinking of the Furi cuz no coaster hub.

Is there a market for a used Spawn Furi in pink when we're done with it? I assume there's other likeminded young girls out there who would rock a Spawn, right?
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I would certainly think so. If i had found a used Furi when my daughter was that age I would have bought it...probably at 50-60% MSRP if it was in good condition.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Cool. I know the gender neutral colors sell quick. Then again, my 6 y.o. son still rocks his Banshee for certain things even though he has a 20" wheel bike now.

Actually he still messes around on the 12" Hotrock at his grandparents house. It might be a while til we sell the Furi lol
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    2 months ago I sure would have bought a used pink furi, but now she's doing ok on a 16".

Royalston Mass
    generally it's the parents that have a problem with the color, so the kids learn it from them. I'm only concerned with the color green...the color of money
    Don't argue with idiots...they will take you down to their level and beat you with experience

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I answered my own question, as shortly after starting this thread, I randomly found a used pink Furi on eBay and bought it for 50% of new cost. So yeah, there is a market! I was freaking out about it getting sold elsewhere lol. Was it one of you on here? Did you see this and threw out a line? Lol
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I would like to know what her inseam is. Trying to size a Furi for my daughter who current inseam is 13 inches.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I forget, I will try to reply later with it, but per Spawn's site, minimum inseam is 15" for the Furi. I remember looking before at the IslaBike CNOC 14 before and the minimum inseam for that also was 15" and I remember my daughter meeting that minimum.
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I believe resellability (did I just make up a new word?) depends on your local market in terms of how important biking is to local families, incomes, and how well known Spawn is.

Here in Vancouver, Canada (where Spawn is based) whenever a Spawn Furi or Banshee pops up on Craigslist, it's sold within an hour if posted in the 70% of MSRP range. I keep an eye on this market via an app I have that auto searches Craigslist every 15 minutes.

My friend managed to sell his for 86% of MSRP, though it took a week.

Pink might not sell as fast, but it would still have awesome resale here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would buy a used pink Furi right now! lol Jealous that you found one on eBay for that price.