NONDURO

Replacement derailleur hanger for kids 20" Ibex???

Have looked all around on the interwebs for a replacement derailleur hanger for my son’s 20" Ibex mountain bike (the red anodised aluminum frame version, no idea what model number it is). Even stumbled upon DerailleurHanger.com and not sure if I am seeing what I am looking for.

Long story short, my kid let some random kid try out his bike, random kid ended up crashing the bike on the side where the derailleur is (Murphy’s law ), and the hanger is hell-bent beyond repair—usually aluminum will break if re-bent the other direction. Anyone know of a manufacturer/part number? I emailed the Ibex bikes website in late November, never heard back from them. Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

NONDURO
    Nobody knows? Anyone from a bike shop have any insider info?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Wēk Sôs
    is this it?

Windwave : Products : Ibex Rear Mech Hanger

It looks like Wheels Mfg hanger #21.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    is this it?

Windwave : Products : Ibex Rear Mech Hanger

It looks like Wheels Mfg hanger #21.
    Sort of, and sort of not all the same. I’ve looked at every single replacement derailleur hanger shown on the Derailleur Hanger.com website as well as the Problem Solvers/Wheels Manufacturing website. I’ve seen some that appear similar, but the curved area is a slightly different shape. See photo below of my son’s bike with the deflicted rerailleur hanger.
    IMG_0685

Wēk Sôs
    It looks like hanger #27 or #97 to me. Take the hanger off the bike for easier comparison, as well as the back side where the frame goes "into" the hanger.

What happened? It looks like the cassette broke too!

NONDURO
    It looks like hanger #27 or #97 to me. Take the hanger off the bike for easier comparison, as well as the back side where the frame goes "into" the hanger.
    Yeah, both of those look like they could be compatible.

What happened?
    In my first post within this thread is the scenario breakdown.

It looks like the cassette broke too!
    Nope, fortunately. It just has a stamping and a decal on part of it.

I need to get the derailleur hanger so that we can upgrade his components to 9-speed Sram X7 (have a set of hubs with Alienation “Runaway” rims being laced up at the local shop). The hanger is bent such that it’s frequently mis-shifting no matter how I set the tension/adjustments on the derailleur.

NONDURO
    Took it completely off the bike today and shot a couple photographs of it. Looks like Wheels Manufacturing’s #97 replacement derailleur hanger looks like an exact match:
    Wheels_mfg_97

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Took it completely off the bike today and shot a couple photographs of it. Looks like Wheels Manufacturing’s #97 replacement derailleur hanger looks like an exact match

turtles make me hot
    Looks right to me... BTW, LOVE the new pic.
    I like turtles

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Looks right to me...
    Yes, I went ahead and ordered one. Total came to $33.00 including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    BTW, LOVE the new pic.
    Thanks. I figured since Yahoo.com is always exploiting the obese people via disgusting photos, I might try my hand at it too.