mtbr member

Redline mini BMX bike- what year?

Anyone have an idea what year this Redline is? I looked on Redline's site and no luck. I am thinking about buying it for my son. They're asking $150 and I think it's too much if older than a few years old.

Thanks!
    ez
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redline mini BMX bike- what year?-redbmx.jpg  

- 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

I sweep myself
    Not sure on the year of that one but the least expensive mini that Redline has now is here:

REDLINE BICYCLES BMX RACE 2012 MX MINI

At $350 for new, I personally don't think $150 is too bad if it's in good shape.

When I worked in a shop many moons ago we sold used bikes and always priced them about 1/2 of a comparable new bike.
    "In the past few years there has been building up within me an obsession that the only way to piece of mind is to go somewhere in the desert, far away from things, and just sit down." - Ernie Pyle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Not sure on the year of that one but the least expensive mini that Redline has now is here:

REDLINE BICYCLES BMX RACE 2012 MX MINI

At $350 for new, I personally don't think $150 is too bad if it's in good shape.

When I worked in a shop many moons ago we sold used bikes and always priced them about 1/2 of a comparable new bike.
    good point. i'll be taking a closer look at it. thanks!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yep, it's a 2003 John Purse Signature.

If it's very well cared for and doesn't need much service, it's a reasonable price. I'd offer $125, but wouldn't walk away from $150 if you are intent on buying a complete bike.

Lowest price you'll see on a stock, alum. bike in exc. condition is $150. Lowest price on a cro-mo bike would be $100.

If he's the right height to be riding a mini, those cranks look awfully long for him. (Maybe it's just the pic, though.) Depending on his inseam, he ought to be anything from 130s to 155s. i.e. 20" inseam needs 140s. BMXHouston.com Bike Tech (Adult sizes aren't accurate, but kid ones are.)

Good luck! The Redlines are fun little bikes.
    7 yo BMXer/MTBer -modded 20" GT Stomper.
    2 yo BMXer -Haro Micro and custom 3spd Specialized.
    '97 Gary Fisher Aquila.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your responses, guys. No luck with this bike. I never heard back from the seller. I have a 5year old who is just about outgrowing his 16" bike so looking for a bigger bike. Not specifically for a race bike but have all options are open. Back to CL. Thanks again!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    If you are looking for a build/project, I have an expert BMX frame- tt is 19.5 inches, made by BREW out of North Carolina. It is bass boat sparkly black.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spistols View Post
    If you are looking for a build/project, I have an expert BMX frame- tt is 19.5 inches, made by BREW out of North Carolina. It is bass boat sparkly black.
    thanks for the offer, but i just picked up this haro today for $50.

of course removed the training wheels. it's in really good shape too so that's nice. not a bad deal. looking forward to my 5-year old cruising around on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redline mini BMX bike- what year?-haro.jpg  

- 1995 Giant ATX 870

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    thanks for the offer, but i just picked up this haro today for $50.

of course removed the training wheels. it's in really good shape too so that's nice. not a bad deal. looking forward to my 5-year old cruising around on it
    Wow great score, I am also looking for a mini bmx for my 4 1/2 in hopes he will get in to racing or at least better than his $30 target bike.

I have been looking at local shops and most the haros start in the $3-400 range as do most so pretty much what i am planning to spend - Wish i could come across a deal like that but most in S.D. are $200 and would rather spend a little more for new. Good luck and hope you kid enjoy's

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Wow great score, I am also looking for a mini bmx for my 4 1/2 in hopes he will get in to racing or at least better than his $30 target bike.

I have been looking at local shops and most the haros start in the $3-400 range as do most so pretty much what i am planning to spend - Wish i could come across a deal like that but most in S.D. are $200 and would rather spend a little more for new. Good luck and hope you kid enjoy's
    yeah, i was happy to find it on cl. the seller didn't know what she had. i think it was left from an ex or something like that and she said she just thought $50 was fair.

i wasn't even going to click on the ad because it just read "boy's bike 6-8 years old." that usually just means a cheap walmart bike. glad i clicked on it.

i did find though, it's a little big for my 5-year old. he's average size and his arms are fully extended and care barely reach the ground. it will just take some getting used to.

good luck!
    ez
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870

mad scientist
    Apr 2012
    awesome bike for the tike!