Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Awesome picture!!
    Thanks! :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hello fellas! I'm Will 42 years old and I've been riding all my life. had a very long layoff during my early 20s-30s chasing girls. But when I found my wife, we had to make some little shredders! My son Liam is 6 and my little girl Elle is 4. Trying to convince the wife to ride with us, but it aint gonna happen. Aw well, at least I got 2 little ones to share the joy with!
    Parents - Roll call here.-me.jpgParents - Roll call here.-my-boy.jpgParents - Roll call here.-my-girl.jpg

mtbr member
    Rick here.
    Rode a little of everything during my youth and then nothing. Got back into riding a couple years ago due to my son.

Here's Ethan at age 5 on his Specialized P16 Grom:

His very first bike was this little Giant Animator:

He's 6 1/2 now and has outgrown his current bike so it's a toss up between these 3 as a replacement:

Too bad they're not green. He likes green.
    Gonna try to get him to test ride these soon.
    He'll have the final say.
    As long as he's happy, I'm happy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Good job!

had 1,5 years old boy with first bike Strider )
    Original Balance Bike - Strider 12 Classic | Strider Bikes

perfectly matching my intense colours

Riding with family takes lot of time and efforts

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Nice choice of bikes! He'll be one very happy kid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Parents - Roll call here.-twins1.jpgHowie here. 25 years old, always had a passion for riding. My twins are going to be 4 in July. For their third birthday, the got Strider bikes, my daughter a pink one, and son got an orange one to match dads Fuel EX. As Nick_M said, riding with family takes a ton of effort. At their age, they are absolutely ecstatic to go riding, until they are 10 minutes down a trail and would rather walk, and then dad gets to carry the bikes.

My daughter picked it up quick and can scoot right along. My son isn't quite as brave to actually get some momentum and let his feet off the ground, but he will learn.

Still trying to get my wife into it, but I feel she is making some headway. She got a nice purple trek something or other last year as encouragement to come riding with me - that, and I was tired of her giving me a hard time for how much I spent on my bike, so she got one too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Justin here. I am 41 yrs old. Used to race DH and XC at a pretty decent level. Wife has been on a Worlds squad for XC, so our boy was born to ride. He picked up his Strider at about 1yr old and hasn't looked back except to make sure we are still there behind him. Love watching his joy on the bike. He turns 2 in one month and I look forward to riding with him for the rest of my life.

1yr old
    Parents - Roll call here.-12369130_10156539763555157_6940618474210071384_n.jpg

Parents - Roll call here.-12321280_10157035510310157_4711872528001538952_n.jpg

this past weekend (1 month shy of 2yrs old)
    Parents - Roll call here.-14054014_10157662175260157_1582808806462317878_n.jpg
    Try to be good.

Cantankerous Old Fart
    What about us grandparents? We have more time to spend with the kiddies. My name is Dan. My wife & I have been into mixed rural road/trail riding since 2010. My 7 year old granddaughter has advanced quite nicely on her 16" "character bike". She also has a 5 year old & a 20 month old brother. She has ridden in a child seat for several years until she got too big for it.

On our last camping trip she rode with some kids from the site across from ours & now she wants a bike with a hand brake. She also took a 1 1/2 mile ride with us & later did a couple of laps with me around our loop which had some pretty steep hills. She wants a bottle holder & mirror just like "Poppy's & Gammy's" bikes.

Pretty tall order. Hand brake, bottle holder, mirror & she needs something that will climb hills better. Since she is likely to grow out of anything that fits her 3' 8' frame & we didn't want her handicapped with a heavy Wally World cheap bike, we decided to get a bike for all of the little munchkins to use as they grow into/out of it.

A 24" WOOM 5 is probably going to be purchased next Chrismas if Kennedi grows enough and/or then 6 year old Owen can handle the WOOM 4..

Yesterday, the UPS man delivered a WOOM 4. It has all the prerequisites as well as 8 speeds to climb hills.

It has rivnuts installed under the down tube for a side loading bottle cage & it even has bar ends that allow the installation of a Mirrycle MTB mirror!

WE will be presenting the bike to the kiddies at Christmass as a gift to all. Next year I'll be getting some pictures to post.
    Last edited by XCSKIBUM; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:48 AM.
    Those that say "hardtails rule" never rode the miles I ride on the trails I ride.

Cantankerous Old Fart
    Quote Originally Posted by 213CL9 View Post
    Rick here.
    Rode a little of everything during my youth and then nothing. Got back into riding a couple years ago due to my son.

Here's Ethan at age 5 on his Specialized P16 Grom:

His very first bike was this little Giant Animator:

He's 6 1/2 now and has outgrown his current bike so it's a toss up between these 3 as a replacement:

Too bad they're not green. He likes green.
    Gonna try to get him to test ride these soon.
    He'll have the final say.
    As long as he's happy, I'm happy.
    How about this one then?

$449 delivered from Amazon. 8 speed SRAM cassette. QR skewers front & rear, QR seat post clamp.

18# 1oz W/pedals and a Mirrycle MTB mirror as pictured below. I weighed it on my digital fish scale that is accurate to less than 1 oz.

And they still have one left in GREEN!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1DK4HS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

If you miss out on that one, you can order one direct, but you'll pay $15 more for shipping.

Bikes | WOOMBIKES USA
    Those that say "hardtails rule" never rode the miles I ride on the trails I ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    My 5 year old son got me in to mountain biking. I'm Eric, 47 years old from the Philippines. I got him a Merida 20" kids bike when he was 4. He then convinced me 3 months ago to get my own bike and ride with him. We started doing trails and he loved it. I taught him the basics but My problem now is I have ran out of things to teach him. I asked him once why he was landing wobbly after a jump and he told me "I'm trying to do tail whip". What Kids learn from watching YouTube. . . .

It's really awesome that after each ride, he'd tell me "That was fun, you're the best dad ever".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XCSKIBUM View Post
    How about this one then?

$449 delivered from Amazon. 8 speed SRAM cassette. QR skewers front & rear, QR seat post clamp.

18# 1oz W/pedals and a Mirrycle MTB mirror as pictured below. I weighed it on my digital fish scale that is accurate to less than 1 oz.

And they still have one left in GREEN!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1DK4HS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

If you miss out on that one, you can order one direct, but you'll pay $15 more for shipping.

Bikes | WOOMBIKES USA
    Thanks!
    Never heard of Woom Bikes before. Definitely like the weight savings and the fact that it comes in green. Found this one on their site:

Love the color scheme but kinda steep at $550.
    Went to look at a couple Trek Superfly's today and the 2017 models come in both black and green. ~$379
    Reasonable price and still light at 19.08 lbs. (I had them weigh it)

Ultimately my boy's gotta test fit/ride them first before a final decision is made. Unfortunately I cannot seem to locate any Woom Bikes anywhere near me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123