mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Orbea MX 24s on sale at Bike Bling

I had originally planned on going with the the Team Disc, but the Trail was the same price so I opted for that. The bike was packed very well, and got to me in two days.

https://www.bikebling.com/SearchResu...earch=orbea+24
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea MX 24s on sale at Bike Bling-img_4449.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    $old! Just persuaded a buddy to pull the trigger for his daughter. Thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Awesome. Tell your buddy he should plan on upgrading the pedals and grips. Outside of that, the bike has nice stuff at this price point.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My oldest loves her 24 trail, still looking for a 24 for second kid would pull string again in heartbeat but think might go plus.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    No way dude! Plus is lame for kids and pedaling. The plus tires they make have crappy tread too imo. Just get one of these bikes or similar and get a beefy 2.3 Maxtion tire from Spawn. It's got legit enduro tread pattern with real side knobs, and yet its only like 550g in 24" iirc. Best of both worlds and more akin to an adult going 2.6. Set it up tubeless, drop to 16psi and rock. Your kid will thank you for not saddling him/her with all that extra rotational weight for minimal gains.
    Last edited by svinyard; 06-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    Awesome. Tell your buddy he should plan on upgrading the pedals and grips. Outside of that, the bike has nice stuff at this price point.
    I helped another buddy purchase the exact bike you bought earlier this spring for Groms racing. We swapped the cranks, pedals, chainring and tuned the fork off the bat. Still trying to talk him into new wheels. My 2nd buddy purchased the least expensive version, MX24 Team. He's not as committed (neither is his daughter). He was about to spend $400 on a HotRock....

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    No way dude! Plus is lame for kids and pedaling. The plus tires they make have crappy tread too imo. Just get one of these bikes or similar and get a beefy 2.3 Maxtion tire from Spawn. It's got legit enduro tread pattern with real side knobs, and yet its only like 550g in 24" iirc. Best of both worlds and more akin to an adult going 2.6. Set it up tubeless, drop to 16psi and rock. Your kid will thank you for not saddling him/her with all that extra rotational weight for minimal gains.
    + Schwalbe is supposed have a 24" Hans Dampf out in July.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Let's hope it's light enough! I just swapped out our Maxtions. At 40$ a tire it's fine for adult level tire but itd be nice to have an option that is the same weight and style that I can get from Lbs in a pinch.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Is the $729 the sale price?

Clint

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It appears the sale is over. The Trail and the Team Disc were both priced at $584.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Rocket Ron's all day. My son is nuking techy climbs and descents with these in high Rockies moondust and babyheads. Tight switchbacks and all. They might not have huge volume but they do the job better than most any tire out there. Very light too. At 65 lbs my guy is running 12/12.5 psi, and they're perfect.

There's also the Vee Crown Gem which has a similar pattern and is a cheap alternative. Little heavier though. Better volume however.

We got this Team Disc a little over a year ago and he's been riding amazingly on it since. Only thing left stock on it are the wheels and the shifter. Solid friggin bike from Orbea, for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orbea MX 24s on sale at Bike Bling-20180618_194438.jpg  

Orbea MX 24s on sale at Bike Bling-20180618_194558.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ah. Bummer. Thanks!

Clint