mtbr member

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!

I've been holding this bike in the garage hidden from view for over 2 years. I finally got to give it to him!
    Happy Holidays all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0148u.jpg  

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0146u.jpg  

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0178u.jpg  

turtles make me hot
    VERY cool. Merry Christmas.
    I like turtles

Rhymes with fartmaster
    Super cool! He’s definitely got that “derelict DH’er” look on his face in the second photo!!! Perfect bike!!!
    one by nine works just fine but single speed is all ya need

mtbr member
    How in the hell did you hide it for 2 years?!?!?

You in Oklahoma City? If yes, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice!

Rhymes with fartmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHit-Maniac View Post
    How in the hell did you hide it for 2 years?!?!?

There are areas of my garage where my boys’ curiosity for some reason never wanders, and I still wonder why, since there’s always cool stuff in there. I was able to hide the bike I built up for my older son for a span of about 4 months and not once did his eyes dart over to the section of the garage where his bike was stashed… which is almost in plain view.

mtbr member
    I have the Nashbar bike racks, 4 bikes on each and had it on the back side which goes against the garage wall. Since he is 6/7 at the time and the bike is fairly big for a 24", he never even gave it a thought that it was his. I bought it when there was a buzz that the Gromhit was discontinued and there was a flurry of folks looking for one. I found it for less than a grand shipped from Canada to the US new, so I went for it. I have actually upgraded it to 9 speed and used the 8 speed for something else. Now I need a helmet and chest protector then the wait til May!

Rhymes with fartmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese View Post
    I have the Nashbar bike racks, 4 bikes on each and had it on the back side which goes against the garage wall. Since he is 6/7 at the time and the bike is fairly big for a 24", he never even gave it a thought that it was his. I bought it when there was a buzz that the Gromhit was discontinued and there was a flurry of folks looking for one. I found it for less than a grand shipped from Canada to the US new, so I went for it. I have actually upgraded it to 9 speed and used the 8 speed for something else. Now I need a helmet and chest protector then the wait til May!
    For Christmas 2011 I bought both my sons Six-Six-One carbon full-face helmets. Chainlove had them for a mere $99 each, so it was a super-unpass-up-able deal. You might want to check them out periodically—I check the site multiple times per day and sometimes there are some great deals.

Members who have read this thread: 1