mtbr member

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!

I've been holding this bike in the garage hidden from view for over 2 years. I finally got to give it to him!
    Happy Holidays all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0148u.jpg  

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0146u.jpg  

Nothing says Merry Christmas to my son like a new Gromhit!-img_0178u.jpg  

turtles make me hot
    VERY cool. Merry Christmas.
    I like turtles

NONDURO
    Super cool! He’s definitely got that “derelict DH’er” look on his face in the second photo!!! Perfect bike!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    How in the hell did you hide it for 2 years?!?!?

Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice!

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHit-Maniac View Post
    How in the hell did you hide it for 2 years?!?!?

There are areas of my garage where my boys’ curiosity for some reason never wanders, and I still wonder why, since there’s always cool stuff in there. I was able to hide the bike I built up for my older son for a span of about 4 months and not once did his eyes dart over to the section of the garage where his bike was stashed… which is almost in plain view.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I have the Nashbar bike racks, 4 bikes on each and had it on the back side which goes against the garage wall. Since he is 6/7 at the time and the bike is fairly big for a 24", he never even gave it a thought that it was his. I bought it when there was a buzz that the Gromhit was discontinued and there was a flurry of folks looking for one. I found it for less than a grand shipped from Canada to the US new, so I went for it. I have actually upgraded it to 9 speed and used the 8 speed for something else. Now I need a helmet and chest protector then the wait til May!

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by RSabarese View Post
    I have the Nashbar bike racks, 4 bikes on each and had it on the back side which goes against the garage wall. Since he is 6/7 at the time and the bike is fairly big for a 24", he never even gave it a thought that it was his. I bought it when there was a buzz that the Gromhit was discontinued and there was a flurry of folks looking for one. I found it for less than a grand shipped from Canada to the US new, so I went for it. I have actually upgraded it to 9 speed and used the 8 speed for something else. Now I need a helmet and chest protector then the wait til May!
    For Christmas 2011 I bought both my sons Six-Six-One carbon full-face helmets. Chainlove had them for a mere $99 each, so it was a super-unpass-up-able deal. You might want to check them out periodically—I check the site multiple times per day and sometimes there are some great deals.