mtbr member

New Spinner Grind OS

I hadn't read anything about this fork, but it looks considerably less crappy than most kids' forks. No thru axle like the new $850 Suntour fork, but is that really necessary for someone who weighs 40lbs?

New Spinner Grind OS-grindi-os-air-20-24.jpg

Does anyone know anything about how to get one of these? I can't find a list of distributors. Nor can I find spinner from any distributor I know of in the US. Maybe best to contact Lil Shredder or Spawn and ask them?

mtbr member
    You can find them on ebay.

mtbr member
    Really? Everything I find with this search looks like the old fork:

spinner grind in Forks | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    Really? Everything I find with this search looks like the old fork:

spinner grind in Forks | eBay
    I thought that was the new fork, sorry.
    So what's the difference with the new version as I'm looking for a less crappy fork as well.

mtbr member
    I don't know anything about it other than what was in the link above. Just visually it's more in line with a modern fork than then old one. Perhaps it's wrong to assume the function is any better. Judging books by covers and all...

mtbr member
    Has anybody figured out where to buy the Grind OS air? Cost?

mtbr member
    Step 1. fill out the form on the spinner website (Contact Kogee Industrial Co.,Ltd - Spinner-USA)
    Step 2. wait to get a reply from Poland (seriously)
    Step 3. pay the dude $110
    Step 4. wait and see if the fork actually arrives (spoiler alert -- it does!)
    Step 5. begin purchasing other pint size parts (I have a 127mm crank set from Spawn in the mail)

mtbr member
    Nice! I filled out the contact form. I'm going to buy my son the 2016 Commencal Meta HT 24, which has an "Alpha" fork. I talked with the guy from Commencal, and it's just a spinner coil fork, which weighs 6.3 lbs. The air fork is more like 4 lbs. If it's really only $110 for a 24" air fork I'll jump on that ASAP.

Royalston Mass
    Just got my son a Rocky MT Vertex 20" and it has this fork. Not sure how much/little air I can put into it. also has a lot of stiction, hopefully that will ease up after he brakes it in. Anyone find a service manual for it?
    Don't argue with idiots...they will take you down to their level and beat you with experience

mtbr member
    Anyone actually try this out yet? My son is finally good enough to get him a better fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    Anyone actually try this out yet? My son is finally good enough to get him a better fork.
    I just successfully did this last month, item arrived perfectly, but its still in plastic and not yet installed. I emailed Poland Distribution directly at:

Łukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak@bluepill.pl>

Lukasz was very easy to deal with by email and would respond within a day - he quoted me $135 USD for at 24" air fork with v-brake bosses that I needed to upgrade a craigslist 2012 Trek MT240 I had picked up.

Email him for availability, when I first contacted him earlier in the year, there was a wait for their shipment container to show up in April, and when I followed up in May he indicated he had "black" only in stock.

Paid on 5/18 with paypal based on their sent invoice, received international shipping notice on 5/19 - it was held up in customs in New York for a few days and received it on 5/26 per the tracking number. I seem to recall it taking a few days longer though.

I only made a visual check of the fork when it was received, it was well-packaged and looks good to go.

mtbr member
    The fork mostly works fine though only gets about half of the travel. Elsewhere there's a thread about increasing the travel on the non-OS version which involves taking out/trimming down the top out spring. I've not done this because the bolt on the damper side just spins. There are techniques to do this, but I haven't bothered yet.

BTW, for a <50 pound rider I've got very little PSI in the fork. Like it barely registers on the shock pump gauge.