mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Looking for a hotwalk....help!

My 2 year old rode a Haro balance bike yesterday and LOVED it. After researching, I want to get her a hotwalk, but our nearest specialized dealer is, well, not near at all. There are none on craigslist in Atlanta. Is there any other way to get our hands on one?

I ride a Myka 29er and love it, and I think that all three of my girls would love the balance bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Would you consider any other balance bike? The Likeabike Jumper is really good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Isn't that one really expensive?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What brand does your local bike shop carry? If you don't have a Specialized dealer near you, I assume you must have either a Giant or Trek dealer, I think they both have balance bikes too. Or you could get a Strider online. There are even good balance bikes at department stores now (I haven't researched any of these but here you go)

Oh duh, I didn't read your comment fully, you specifically want a Hotwalk. Honestly if you can't find one used (ebay maybe?) it's not the end of the world to get another brand. They're all very similar unless you get oddly OCD over the specs (like I did). But as long as they have rubber tires, you're good to go- a place to rest feet while coasting is a huge plus though.

If you want to be a total baller you can get one of these: Spawn Cycles Tengu | Spawn Cycles - Born to Ride
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy